Sevarihk's original asset collection (MV version)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Sevarihk, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Sevarihk

Sevarihk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hi guys!

This is my collection of original assets made for RPG Maker MV. If you are looking for similar stuff, there is also my XP Thread and my general Thread.

I have been working on creating original pixel art (and drawn sprites) for quite a while now. As you will see, the styles I like to choose are very different from the RTP look. I know, this makes using them harder, as they will most probably stand out in a project that uses RTP resources, but I have made it my mission to provide some unique assets in a fesh style. So I hope as I continue making those, and my collection grows, it becomes a viable alternative at least for small projects.

EDIT: by the way, all of my assets are original works by me, so no RTP or other stuff included, which means that there are no restrictions as to which Maker versions or other engines you can use it in.

So first off, to get the obligatory terms out of the way:

You may:
    • use all of the assets in this thread for free
    • use the assets in non-commercial or commercial projects
    • edit, recolour and combine with other assets to your heart's content
    • repost my assets in other forums or posts, as long as you give credit in your post and add a link back to this thread or my homepage (or any other original post by me where you found the assets)
    But:
    • you must credit me ("Sevarihk" or Aurora")
    • you must not present them as your own assets
    • if you finish a project that includes one of my assets, I would appreciate a free copy

So, that out of the way, here come the assets:

Child/teenager:
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]
    Dersert child/teenager:
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Green blob dude:
    [​IMG]

Mushroom guy:
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Automaton/Steampunk robot:
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Demon:
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Mysterious merchant:

[​IMG] [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Minotaur:
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Hamster on a leaf (don't ask me why...):
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Parrot:

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Mechanical parts:

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Grammophone:

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Life buoy:
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Pentagram:
    [​IMG]

Spike trap:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]->[​IMG]
    And a white makeshift flag:
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

This set comes with three animations: "turn on" for starting the flow, "continuous" for just having the water/blood run endlessly, and "turn off" for stopping the flow. I have tried to mark them accordingly and I hope my approach makes sense. I have also included the markings in the animation previews for better understanding.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Previews: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A1:
    fall-grass-MV.png

A4:

fall-A3.png

A5:
    fall-ground.png

C:
    herbst-Test-C.png
    halloween14.png

This one was originally made for XP, but I completely reworked it for the tile size and layout of RMMV. I made both versions for a community collection with a deadline, so that's the reason there is not so much decorative clutter... But I have already planned making a little expansion in the future.

A1:

[​IMG]
    A4:

[​IMG]

A5:

[​IMG]

C:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So this is my (small but growing) MV asset collection. I hope you like it and can find something useful. If you do find mistakes, please tell me about it, I am not so familiar with MV formats yet, so I might still mess up autotile placement for example.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019 at 5:30 AM
    Tea's Jams, Gianmher, MMMm and 6 others like this.
  2. Randor

Randor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow! Very nice! Thank you!

3. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Awesome charsets and tilesets!
    Looking forward to the next update—that Minotaur looks cool!

4. artemisa

artemisa Warper Member

First Language:
    spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's splendid. A great, great job.

5. Sevarihk

Sevarihk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Thanx, guys, glad you like it :kaoblush:

6. Sevarihk

Sevarihk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hi guys! I have a few new assets for you!

First of all I went ahead and converted some of my Charsets that I had made for RMXP to work with MV, too. Since I usually make chars taller than the XP default size, they should also work quite well in a 48x48px tile surrounding. There are some more that I have not come around to convert yet (such as my giant stone face statue), which you will find in one of the next updates. Unfortunately, there are also some that I am unable to convert without considerable loss of quality. This is due to the reduction of frames in a walk cycle from 4 (XP) to 3 (MV). Some of my assets (such as my animated 4 directional raft) would require me to redraw considerable parts of the animation completely to make them work with just 3 frames. And I don't really have the motivation for that... :kaodes:

HOWEVER, I could reformate most of my charsets, so get yourself ready for my quirky little creatures!

First off, a little demon with a little hovering idle animation. He goes well with that summoning pentagram I posted before.
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Next up: a mysterious traveling merchant with two different idle animations

[​IMG] [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Who has been on my thread since the last update, has already seen a little sneak peek of this one. A classic minotaur who is so swole, your heroes won't even know what hit 'em!

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

And while we are on the topic of classic enemies: after your heroes have wrestled with a minotaur, why not have them hunt down a sea serpent?
    Comes in the flavors "idle", "aggressive", and "hurt". With a little tinkering, this one might even be usable as an animated SV battler...
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And because not every encounter on the ocean has to be so dramatic and dangerous: take a breather and have a chat with this little ball of fur:

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Also, life buoy!

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

And before we are done with the water related stuff, here is an anchor. I do not have my own ship tileset (yet), but I just felt like there is a lack of animated mechanical stuff... (it comes with two distinct animations for letting it drop into the water or pulling it back up, I just forgot to make a gif of the second animation)

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Since I love to fill my maps with life by adding little idle animations here and there, I made a little parrot that cleans his wings.

[​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Another little animation on the side: a grammophone! So now the heroes don't have to wonder where those music tracks come from that they keep hearing on every map.
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

And to add to the vintage style, I also converted these mechanical parts.
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This next one took quite some time to reformat, I hope the way I laid out the frames makes sense...
    1st up: a pirate flag:
    [​IMG]->[​IMG]
    And a white makeshift flag:
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]
    I also made a very basic flag with some color variations, I put them a spoiler so you won't have to scroll so much... If any of you need a flag like this in a different color, just tell me and I can edit one for you real quick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to top things off, I have been making a little halloween tileset over the last month. It's not quite final yet, but I think it's coming along nicely so far.

A1:
    [​IMG]

A4:

[​IMG]

A5:
    [​IMG]

C:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So this was a bit of a mixed bag of older and newer stuff... Had to sift through a ton of files to see which could be reformatted for MV:kaophew:

I hope you like the assets and feel free to leave any comments or ideas :kaoluv:

CoryH and M.I.A. like this.