Sevarihk's original asset collection (XP version)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker XP Resources' started by Sevarihk, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Sevarihk

Sevarihk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello, guys!

So, as already mentioned in my introduction thread, I have decided to share my original assets also on this forum, so all the english speaking folks over here don't get left out. I did not post some of my older assets, since they are pretty dated by now. But if you want to check out my whole collection, you can still check out my homepage (link in my signature).

I know that most of you guys have moved from XP to MV, but I always preferred XP myself, so the amount of resources I made for XP is much greater. I will eventually also make an MV thread, but I will wait with that till I have more to show for MV, too. If any of you would like to use these assets in MV, you may edit them and do so, as they are original works by me and thus not bound to any engine.

So, to get the nitty gritty of the Terms of Use out of the way:

You may:
    • use all of the assets in this thread for free
    • use the assets in non-commercial or commercial projects
    • edit, recolour and combine with other assets to your heart's content
    • repost my assets in other forums or posts, as long as you give credit in your post and add a link back to this thread or my homepage (or any other original post by me where you found the assets)
    But:
    • you must credit me ("Sevarihk" or Aurora")
    • you must not present them as your own assets
    • if you finish a project that includes one of my assets, I would appreciate a free copy
    EDIT: As I did in my general asset thread, I will be adding *G containing a link to any resources that belong to a specific asset, but would be out of place in this thread (faces, battlers, and such).

Some of these have Faces and/or static Battlers. Since those do not technically only work with XP, I think I will make a thread for those in the other subforum sometime soon...

Demon
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Minotaur
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Child
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Water monster/Serpent
    [​IMG]

1st row -> [​IMG]2nd row -> [​IMG] 3rd row -> [​IMG]

Pumpkin guy
    [​IMG] + [​IMG] -> [​IMG]*G *G *G *G *G *G

Merchant
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Transforming teddy
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Cat shadow
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Mushroomie
    [​IMG]->[​IMG]
    Voodoo guy
    [​IMG] 1st row -> [​IMG] 2nd row -> [​IMG] *G *G
    Desert child
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG] + [​IMG] 1st row -> [​IMG];
    2nd-4th row ->[​IMG]

Steampunk Robot
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Hamster
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Golem
    [​IMG] ->[​IMG] *G

*G *G *G *G
    walking:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    grazing:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    head up/down:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    jumping:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    down poses:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Grammophone
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Industrial levers etc.
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Torch
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Simple flags

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]preview: [​IMG]
    other flags:
    [​IMG]preview: [​IMG]

[​IMG] preview:[​IMG]

Parrot
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Bouy
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Wind chimes
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Blood/water fountain
    [​IMG][​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Stone button thing
    [​IMG]
    Floor spikes
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

Bubbles
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BIG ONES:

with sail:
    [​IMG]
    without sail:
    [​IMG]
    preview:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

The first charset here is a simple version, the second one is modular, so you can vary the speed of the movement and the length of the rope according to your needs.

simple version:
    [​IMG]
    modular version:
    [​IMG]

animation preview:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

preview:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    previews, a row each animation:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

previews:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Single tiles:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Autotiles:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Animated autotiles:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Since I wanted to make the waves bigger than what the RPG Maker engine allows (which is only 1/4 of a tile), I had to put the "inside curves" on a seperate autotile. In RPG Maker, simply assign both autotiles to the map/tileset, and map the ocean area with the "Ocean01" autotile. For those tiles that need an "inner curve", select autotile "Ocean02", double click on it to select the correct variant, and place it on the map. In case you have no more free autotile slots for your map, I also included the "Ocean02" autotile as charset format to be placed as events.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    charset format:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Addons (tiles that belong together):
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goes with:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sooo... things I did not post here would be unfinished WIP-stuff. I like to make unfinished stuff already available for you guys, especially since I sometimes work on tilesets for months. But posting things that are not finished yet, and thus having to update it from time to time, across several forums, consumes too much time I would rather spend on making new stuff. So again, such stuff can be found on my homepage (showcase section) until I have finished it and upload it onto the forums as well.

There are also some battlers and faces that go with some of the assets, those can soon be found in a general asset thread. I have to think about the most convenient way of posting those in an easy to find manner while still keeping the seperation between "XP only" and "general assets" threads.

I hope my structuring wasn't awfully confusing, and I also hope you like my assets, even though they deviate very far from the typical RTP-look. I just thought while I make original assets, I might as well make them really original.

If you like them (or not), please do not hesitate to leave some feedback, especially if you found a mistake. But please keep in mind that I am still learning pixel art and some (like the victorian tiles) are already a little older and I have improved since then (or at least I hope so). I am also always glad about suggestions or inspirations, so feel free to tell me if you have some of those. Also, while you are allowed to make edits, I am glad to help on those. So if you need an edit and can't do it yourself, feel free to ask me for help, I will see what I can do if I have the time.

[Also, obligatory apology about any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language. Still, please correct me if I worded something weirdly or made mistakes...]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    waynee95, callmedan and jonthefox like this.
  2. Sevarihk

Sevarihk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Update: I totally forgot to add my newest creation: A tiled stone bridge that can be made as long as you need it to and comes in a destroyed and a "kinda fixed" version, if you want you player to unlock that path by throwing some boards over it...
    [​IMG]

I have also added it to one of my unfinished tilesets ("nordic tiles") that it goes quite well with, in case anyone wants to try out the bridge but doesnt feel like adding it to a tileset themselfes, first.
    [​IMG]

And finally, here is an example of how the bridge looks on a map:

[​IMG]

3. Sevarihk

Sevarihk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hi guys!

I got a bit of an update for you.
    First of all, I recoloured the building tiles from my WIP bazaar-tileset so they look like typical coastal village or greek village buildings.

[​IMG]

To go with the greek setting, I made a minotaur charset. That one will also get a version where he holds a battle axe in the near fututre.
    I hope you like that buff son of a gun, because he took quite some time to make.
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

I also made a demon to go with the summoning pentagram.
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG]

And because I am aware of my lack of generic NPC-like charsets, I made another child/teenager character based on the "desert child" sprite.
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG]

Now here is a big one. This water serpent comes with an idle animation, as well as an attack animation and a "hurt" idle animation. I suppose one could reorganize the frames and use it as an animated side view battler, too... Originally I thought of that serpent more as a friendly/quest giver type Character, but now you have more options than only that.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And here comes the heart piece. I have been tinkering on these for a few months now. These rafts are the actual reason I have been making so many water related assets to begin with. I left them empty so you can just put your actor character on the image and use it as a vehicle, or just put it as a decorational event on a beach or port town.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    looks like this when animated:

[​IMG]

also, if any of you would like a version without the sail's shadow, just tell me. Editing that should be a matter of only a few minutes.

So, this is all I have for you right now. Hope you like the assets and can put them to good use :kaojoy:

slimmmeiske2 likes this.