Sevarihk's original asset collection (XP version)

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello, guys!

So, as already mentioned in my introduction thread, I have decided to share my original assets also on this forum, so all the english speaking folks over here don't get left out. I did not post some of my older assets, since they are pretty dated by now. But if you want to check out my whole collection, you can still check out my homepage (link in my signature).

I know that most of you guys have moved from XP to MV, but I always preferred XP myself, so the amount of resources I made for XP is much greater. I will eventually also make an MV thread, but I will wait with that till I have more to show for MV, too. If any of you would like to use these assets in MV, you may edit them and do so, as they are original works by me and thus not bound to any engine.

So, to get the nitty gritty of the Terms of Use out of the way:

You may:
  • use all of the assets in this thread for free
  • use the assets in non-commercial or commercial projects
  • edit, recolour and combine with other assets to your heart's content
  • repost my assets in other forums or posts, as long as you give credit in your post and add a link back to this thread or my homepage (or any other original post by me where you found the assets)
But:
  • you must credit me ("Sevarihk" or Aurora")
  • you must not present them as your own assets
  • if you finish a project that includes one of my assets, I would appreciate a free copy
EDIT: As I did in my general asset thread, I will be adding *G containing a link to any resources that belong to a specific asset, but would be out of place in this thread (faces, battlers, and such).

Some of these have Faces and/or static Battlers. Since those do not technically only work with XP, I think I will make a thread for those in the other subforum sometime soon...

Fish people
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild

Generic NPCs

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
*G

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Medieval NPCs
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Aztec NPCs
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Shiba inu
Bild
->
Bild
Bild

Desert elf
Bild
->
Bild

Demon
->

Minotaur
->

Armed minotaur
Bild
->
Bild

Child
->

Water monster/Serpent

1st row ->
2nd row ->
3rd row ->

Pumpkin guy
+
->
*G *G *G *G *G *G

Merchant
->

Transforming teddy
->

Cat shadow
->

Mushroomie
->

Voodoo guy
1st row ->
2nd row ->
*G *G
Desert child
->
+
1st row ->
;
2nd-4th row ->

Steampunk Robot
->

Hamster
->

Golem
->
*G

*G *G *G *G
walking:

grazing:

head up/down:

jumping:

down poses:

Animated palm tree

Stone gate
Bild

Bild

Abandoned swords
Bild
->
Bild
Bild

Grave marking
Bild
->
Bild

Grammophone
->

Industrial levers etc.
->

Torch
->

Simple flags

preview:

other flags:
preview:

preview:

Parrot
->

Bouy
->

Wind chimes
->

Blood/water fountain
->

Stone button thing

Floor spikes
->

Bubbles

BIG ONES:

with sail:

without sail:

preview:
->

The first charset here is a simple version, the second one is modular, so you can vary the speed of the movement and the length of the rope according to your needs.

simple version:

modular version:

animation preview:

preview:

previews, a row each animation:

previews:

Single tiles:

Autotiles:

Animated autotiles:

Since I wanted to make the waves bigger than what the RPG Maker engine allows (which is only 1/4 of a tile), I had to put the "inside curves" on a seperate autotile. In RPG Maker, simply assign both autotiles to the map/tileset, and map the ocean area with the "Ocean01" autotile. For those tiles that need an "inner curve", select autotile "Ocean02", double click on it to select the correct variant, and place it on the map. In case you have no more free autotile slots for your map, I also included the "Ocean02" autotile as charset format to be placed as events.

charset format:

Addons (tiles that belong together):

Goes with:

Sooo... things I did not post here would be unfinished WIP-stuff. I like to make unfinished stuff already available for you guys, especially since I sometimes work on tilesets for months. But posting things that are not finished yet, and thus having to update it from time to time, across several forums, consumes too much time I would rather spend on making new stuff. So again, such stuff can be found on my homepage (showcase section) until I have finished it and upload it onto the forums as well.

There are also some battlers and faces that go with some of the assets, those can soon be found in a general asset thread. I have to think about the most convenient way of posting those in an easy to find manner while still keeping the seperation between "XP only" and "general assets" threads.

I hope my structuring wasn't awfully confusing, and I also hope you like my assets, even though they deviate very far from the typical RTP-look. I just thought while I make original assets, I might as well make them really original.

If you like them (or not), please do not hesitate to leave some feedback, especially if you found a mistake. But please keep in mind that I am still learning pixel art and some (like the victorian tiles) are already a little older and I have improved since then (or at least I hope so). I am also always glad about suggestions or inspirations, so feel free to tell me if you have some of those. Also, while you are allowed to make edits, I am glad to help on those. So if you need an edit and can't do it yourself, feel free to ask me for help, I will see what I can do if I have the time.

[Also, obligatory apology about any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language. Still, please correct me if I worded something weirdly or made mistakes...]

Last edited:

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Update: I totally forgot to add my newest creation: A tiled stone bridge that can be made as long as you need it to and comes in a destroyed and a "kinda fixed" version, if you want you player to unlock that path by throwing some boards over it...

I have also added it to one of my unfinished tilesets ("nordic tiles") that it goes quite well with, in case anyone wants to try out the bridge but doesnt feel like adding it to a tileset themselfes, first.

And finally, here is an example of how the bridge looks on a map:

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi guys!

I got a bit of an update for you.
First of all, I recoloured the building tiles from my WIP bazaar-tileset so they look like typical coastal village or greek village buildings.

To go with the greek setting, I made a minotaur charset. That one will also get a version where he holds a battle axe in the near fututre.
I hope you like that buff son of a gun, because he took quite some time to make.
->

I also made a demon to go with the summoning pentagram.
->

And because I am aware of my lack of generic NPC-like charsets, I made another child/teenager character based on the "desert child" sprite.
->

Now here is a big one. This water serpent comes with an idle animation, as well as an attack animation and a "hurt" idle animation. I suppose one could reorganize the frames and use it as an animated side view battler, too... Originally I thought of that serpent more as a friendly/quest giver type Character, but now you have more options than only that.

And here comes the heart piece. I have been tinkering on these for a few months now. These rafts are the actual reason I have been making so many water related assets to begin with. I left them empty so you can just put your actor character on the image and use it as a vehicle, or just put it as a decorational event on a beach or port town.

looks like this when animated:

also, if any of you would like a version without the sail's shadow, just tell me. Editing that should be a matter of only a few minutes.

So, this is all I have for you right now. Hope you like the assets and can put them to good use :kaojoy:

madnux

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi, sorry for my ignorance. But I want to put the demon on my game. Trying to generate new battler, but can't make this animated.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@madnux You cannot edit someone else's game.

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@madnux The demon is a charset sprite to work on the world map. To animate him there, you should only need to enable "step animation" in the event options. if you want to use the animation in the battle screen, I think you would need a script. As far as I know, XP does not have inbuilt animated battlers.

Versus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Getting cooler and cooler, keep it up!

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi guys!

During the last month or so, I have been working on some more resources, mostly charsets and pictures. You can find the pictures in my general thread.

So, on to the charsets!

First of, I have been trying to complete a resource set of nordic dungeon/temple/forest stuff, which was absolutely lacking a door animation to be anywhere close to complete. There will also be a more basic, wooden door variant and a smaller door. (If you want to check out the set, you can find it in its current state here)
Bild

Bild

I also made some animated decoration elements for a graveyard or old battlefield
Bild
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild

This one is my new favourite: a bouncy pupper to accompany your players, he even comes with some emotions.

Bild
Bild
Bild

Then I also added a big battle axe to the minotaur to make him even more menacing.
Bild
Bild

And since I need some more NPC-like characters, I made a desert elf. I am also working on a template based on this sprite, so I can quickly make some more charsets with a similar body type.
Bild
Bild

Oh, and I also made a simple little dark windowskin with a blue-ish gleam.

Bild

So, this is it for now. Hope you enjoyed it and maybe find something useful here.

Nageik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really like your work !
I took some resources, if our project would start, I will tell you about it.
You are obviously in our credits ;)

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi guys!

I have been busy working on some stuff for the last few weeks, so I got some new goodies to show you!

First of all, I have been tinkering on a character template to help me create character sprites more quickly. And while I am still ironing out some kinks, it has definitely helped me save some time.
The distant goal would be to provide you guys with a very versatile character generator that lets you create characters of different body types, fantasy races and with a whole lot of clothing and accessories. I am still quite a few steps away from that. Right now it is mostly a bunch of layers in my pixel art software, but you can already get some neat little characters out of it.

So, let's begin with a few very basic characters. These could probably best be used as typical filler NPCs.

Bild
Bild

I also realised that this one looks pretty much like an old face picture I made years ago, so I recoloured it to match.
Bild
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

I also added some simple medieval shirts.
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

And, since I like quirky characters and since I already have a lot of water-related resources, I made a bunch of fish people...
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild

Then, to go with the aztec ruin tileset that I am working on, I also made some aztec attire and hair styles.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

I am also working on a set of highlander/viking/norse men style character elements to go with my nordic ruin tileset. But those still need some more polishing, so a preview will have to do for now.
NPC-nordic1.gif

Since the whole lot of sprites here are all basically a bunch of combined modular images, I can change around elements pretty quickly, so if you want a custom character made out of elements you see on any of the above, I will see if I can help you, or share the files with you, so you can combine them yourself.

Also, I got myself a copy of the animation tool Juice FX and tried using it to animate swinging leafs. So, this palm tree is the result of that.
Bild

Bild

aaaand there is also this little windowskin that will make your text boxes look like junk metal...

Bild

So... this is it for now, hope you find something useful. Feel free to leave any coments or suggestions, I am always glad to help if I can.

huubz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
All of these are super awesome! Love your work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hiatus; Still doing my best to get employed. :hwink:
Finally took the plunge and got myself MV. Time for some productivity!
Not more Goblins but variations of the Irish Merrow this time...

Okay so now you can prepend a JS library to your Haxe plugin. You can also prepend your attribution information to every compiled plugin.

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatlift