Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

2yoofit.jpg

This is a prototype and is subject to change​

SECTION A: STORYLINE/PLOT
Set in the underworld, Satan's son, Damien, has finally come of age to assume the throne. This is the rite that many of Damien's siblings have tried to accomplish, but failed. In order to assume the throne, and take over as ruler of Hell - Damien must first defeat the seven deadly sins. Each a demon with power in their own right. Will Damien be able to take on this feat? Only time will tell.

--- Will contain seven main dungeons, and one final boss dungeon. Each of the seven main dungeons will house one of the seven deadly sins. Each deadly sin comes equipped with their own elemental expertise and skill set. Also, depending on certain conditions that the players meet, they will be given one chance to recruit the deadly sin and add them to their party. The last dungeon will house the final boss, Satan. ---

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
  • Damien - Gunner/Dark Element - Main Character. Damien is able to learn lower tier spells harnessing the power of their respective deadly sin. Damien is also able to learn Dark Elemental Magic without victory conditions, and various gun play moves. Move-set: Demon Magic/Angelic Magic/Gun Arts
  • Gluttony - Assassin/Ice Element - Sin/Possible Party Member - Gluttony is able to use advance tier ice magic, and ice type moves. Move-set: Demon Magic/Demon Arts
  • Pride - Healer/Light Element - Sin/Possible Party member - Pride is able to use advance tier light magic, and light type moves. She is also able to use alchemy. Move-Set: Angelic Magic/Alchemy

.... WIP

This is just a snippet of my idea that I am still fleshing out. Everything is subject to change - but I was wondering if the community had any feedback for me! :D

Last edited:

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting concept. As a suggestion, perhaps the abilities of your Sin bosses should be more in line with their namesake? Gluttony, for example, is listed as utilizing ice magic, though this seems out of place with the concept of Gluttony. Just a thought, but maybe he is a large and grotesque demon that will attempt to eat the player? Pride may be represented as a very beautiful creature, whose attacks are based upon narcississm?

I would like to see how this develops, however. Very curious.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Tsukunex Honestly, when I first read the post title, I thought this was a fangame for the anime "Seven Deadly Sins". If this will be a commercial game, you might want to rethink the title, not only to avoid title copyright issues with said anime, but also to keep the game from sounding too generic.

Based on what I've read here of your ideas so far, this sounds pretty interesting, but if I was creating a title for it, my first title idea would have been " Hell Ascension: Trials of Sin" instead of just "Seven Deadly Sins", because quite honestly, that term has been overused a lot recently in games, manga, and anime alike. One commercially successful game that uses the seven deadly sins concept in a rather subtle manner that you could learn from is Azure Striker Gunvolt- at first, the main villains just look like a bunch of typical anime teenagers who for some reason run an entire nation's electrical power supply (who even lets teenagers completely run a power company conglomerate in the first place?!), but once you find out their personalities, back stories, and powers, you begin finding out why each represents a certain sin (I could explain this in more detail if you want me to)

Muffel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not just the title, but even the story line reminds me of Nanatsu no Taizai. I don't want to describe why (mainly because I dislike spoilers), but the main difference would be the recruiting part (instead of... urgh spoilers. You probably know what I mean).

I'm curious about some things... and maybe my questions will help/improve your story/game:

Why did the siblings fail (and who are they)?
What are the conditions for recruiting the sins?
If the conditions aren't met, what will happen to the sins?
Why this rite? Is it just a strength test?
Why is Damien, Satan's son, able to perform Angelic Magic?
What makes Damien different/better than his siblings?

... and what Genre will your game be? Rogue-like?

Tsukunex

Noblesse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gabrelik Well, the Sin is more representative of their personality, as opposed to their move-set. For example, Gluttony does not necessarily = food. Rather, it is the over-indulgence of a certain act. In my character's case, she is addicted to murder.

@JtheDuelist I love your title suggestions, and I am aware of Nanatsu no Taizai. It is quite the series to be honest.

@Muffel I do not really see how the story line reminds you of Nanatsu no Taizai, they're completely different concepts.

Why did the siblings fail (and who are they)?
Honestly, I am not sure if I still want to include this tidbit in the final product. But originally, their failure was due to falling to the hands of one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

What are the conditions for recruiting the sins?
This is all dependent on actions taken during the trial. For example, something a bit more explicit involves Lust's dungeon. There will be a pleasure system in place, and depending on your actions and a higher pleasure rating, you will have a chance to recruit her.

If the conditions aren't met, what will happen to the sins?
Nothing, you simply will not be able to recruit them.

Why this rite? Is it just a strength test?
Lucifer is known for his arrogance; it's one of the reasons why he was cast out of Heaven. When he came to hell, he wasn't instantly reigning supreme. He had to rise through the ranks and take control over lesser demons. Because of this, he holds a lot of resentment and respect. Demons do not serve him willingly rather, they are forced to. Due to this, and to lessen any rebellions Lucifer established trials, containing seven of the most powerful demons in Hell. Only the person able to beat all seven earns the right to take on Lucifer. This is an optional challenge for most, however Lucifer saw it fit to make it a rite of passage for his children.

Why is Damien, Satan's son, able to use Angelic Magic.
This is due to Damien being able to channel the powers of other Sins once he has defeated them. The reason Angelic Magic exists in hell is because Lucifer is an angel. When Lucifer defeated Pride, one of two of the strongest demons in hell - Pride swore revenge. Lucifer in a moment of arrogance, decided to teach her this art (as it is a weakness to most demons) in hopes that she may one day challenge him again.

What makes Damien better/different from his siblings
This is a good question, I have to think more on this.

Genre
I would say it's mostly Fantasy, with a touch of Choices and Rouge-Like mechanics.

Last edited:

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Tsukunex Yeah, I have a habit of the title representing the plot in some way (something I was taught in literature classes as a kid)- and example could be my game, Downfall FES: Seemingly generic from the sound, but the title is because the game begins after humanity's downfall and picks up where humanity attempts to rebuild itself from it. The FES part is because the first title was originally made on RPG Maker Fes, and it stuck.

Again, I'm willing to go more into ASGV's means of representing the sins to help you if you want. (I can PM you about it to help prevent spoilers for others)

Muffel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Protagonist (captain of the 7 deadly sins) is the demon king's son (1st match)
he wants to become the demon king (2nd match kinda - he wants it to save his love. your case is just a rite)
he needs to do something to fight/beat demon king (3rd and kinda 4th match - gathering 10 commandments by fighting them or they offer it- in your case defeat 7 sins and maybe even recruit/"gather" those...)

That's why it reminds me of it... Or did I misunderstood something?
I still like that concept. It's easy to understand, because many know of the 7 sins and what they stand for.
The question is what you make of it. I'm looking forward to it.

gl hf

Tsukunex

Noblesse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Muffel
The plot I have for Nanatsu no Taizai is: They were once an active group of knights in the region of Britannia. They disbanded after a plot to overthrow the Liones Kingdom. Their defeat came at the hands of Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that they were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights staged a coup and captured the king, becoming the new tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. The third princess, Elizabeth, then starts out on a journey to find the Seven Deadly Sins to take back the kingdom.

This is the plot most know, as not a lot of people bother to read the manga.

If we are going past this arc, then although Melidos is indeed the demon king's son, this isn't revealed until much later. Additionally, historically he aligned himself with the Goddess Clan, Fairy Clan, and maybe one other I don't recall to fight against The Demon Clan. It was never his objective to become the Demon King. That situation was forced on him when he wanted to save his love.

The entire plot takes place on earth.
The other sins aren't demons (King is a fairy king, Ban is a zombie!?).

One has knights, orders, various factions. The other does not.

The base concept is the same but story wise it's completely different. Other than being primed by the title, and the word sin they are completely different concepts I think. Reason I'm saying something is because I'm trying to provide a unique experience, not a rip off from another's sotry.

Muffel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like you said, the base concept is the same, which why it reminded me of the manga. Story wise it's different, because the manga tells what happened before it came to this "forced action"/plot twist (one of many), which is a lot. Your story just tells "he's now old enough to begin the rite".
So if I compare the manga and your story critically, the only differences are:
Your story starts where the plot twist(?)/Elias-demon king arc/chapter begins,
the reason why the protagonist has to fight/beat the demon king (manga save his love, your story the rite) and
instead of gathering/fighting the 10 commandments (same race - demons - his own race), you fight the 7 sins (which stays the same - demons/own race).

Nobody can reinvent the wheel, that's why I don't think badly about your concept. If you add a little touch here and there (which you did with fighting the 7 sins and maybe even make it possible to recruit them... and we still don't know what story you want to write with all the sins and their lore - except pride a little bit) I wouldn't call it a rip off... but to say/argue it's completely different... hmm...

Anyway, I've got questions.
Lucifer = Satan?
Lucifer established that trial-rite... and fought all 7 sins, so they had to obey his idea? Or did only pride challenge/fight Lucifer?

btw OT: why rite and not ritual? English is not my first language. °,ô

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Having a hard time getting playtesters for one of my Unity games. No one seems to be interested. :/
I fiddled around a little with a layout for some kind of character cards to accompany the what the MZ RTP is missing so people can see at first glance which characters have which graphics. Just not sure if I really wanna do and maintain that for all the characters xD
card.png
Example is Kasey who is all RTP and some emos by 冷やっこ
With the uncertainty of when artists open/close their commissions, I'm keeping a long list of artists (whose work fits my game) to potentially contact for assets like busts and whatnot, and not expecting any particular artist to be available when I'm ready to start commissioning (which will probably be well before I finish my game, to make time for commission waits and actual art making).

A cat that is not afraid of water. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GNOMEPUNK