Severe Lag for RPG Maker VX Ace Games

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Kuiper, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Kuiper

Kuiper Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello folks,
    I have been experiencing horrible lag in RPG Maker VX Ace games and I am not sure where I am going wrong. I ran all of the Windows 10 updates, including that of the drivers, but with no luck. In terms of my windows processor, mine is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4308U CPU @ 2.8Ghz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Cores. Graphics is Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 5100.
    NOTE: I am running a Windows partition through an SSD on my Mac, but storage should not be an issue due to the available space and the low weight of the games I am playing.
    A friend who is managing to make these games work has a core of i5-7500, whether that's relevant or not I do not know. I would appreciate any assistance, since I really do want to be able to play these games without this lag.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ace' engine is completely CPU-Based, even the graphics are calculated by CPU.
    If this happens with different games, then it's most likely that something else shares the CPU power, some other background program running - especially if you're running windows on only one core instead of multiples (which is automatic if you have a virtual machine, in that case one core runs the main system and the other the virtual machine).

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    As this is about playing games rather than making them, there is not a lot we can do to help you. It will be a function of your hardware setup, not something to do with RPG Maker.

4. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    what game, specifically?
    the way it's optimized (or, isn't) will affect performance.

*.........sigh.....*
    don't get me started on that.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kuiper Please reply to the questions for more info or this thread will be closed.

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Note that since you are using a MAC which was never meant to run ACE games there might be nothing you can do. You're already using an emulator to fake Windows, and those are never perfect. You might just need the emulator to update to better run the game, or need to use a PC to run it.

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @bgillisp Windows Partition, not emulator. Intel-based Mac's can have windows installed directly without an emulator.
    Still not at full power due to the differences in the BIOS/Boot-Sequence but the difference is neglectable compared to an emulator running on MacOS.