Severe Lag with Zeus Lights and Shadows

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Romanticist, Aug 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Romanticist

Romanticist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Zeus' Light script is fantastic for my game. It is simple to implement and I have made multiple lights (flashlights, lanterns, etc).
    But it has started to make my game lag like crazy. Which is sad because having lights in a dark-tinted map is very atmospheric. It seems I will have to remove the lights however, and just keep the player lights, because with just a few lights on one small map, it makes my game lag like crazy.
    But I was wondering if there's any way around this? Is there another script that is similar to Zeus'? Or (more preferably) is there some sort of anti-lag solution?
    I don't have high hopes :/ But I figured I should ask.

2. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Have you tried the several anti lag scripts that exist?

3. Romanticist

Romanticist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, I even have two running in my game. Pearl and MOG anti lag. And MOG animation anti-lag though tbh I don't know what that does differently than the standard MOG anti lag.

4. Thefirelion

Thefirelion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I understand that anti-scripts are not really "anti-lag" they only stop exercising unnecessary events.

In this post they talk about the Zeus's script and the "anti-lag" scripts. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/help-with-performance-issues-demo-provided.33394/

Edit: I could recommend you do this with the events or pictures you use or create overlayered pictures. ( add blending in the route command in case of events and in the configuration option in case of images).

See: https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/33890-create-lighting-effects-without-scripts/

For the "dynamic" shadows, edit one of your tilesets from A to E by filling in a box with a black color at 50% opacity, so you paint it on the map or put it as an event (and thus interact with commands of outside events.)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019