Romanticist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Zeus' Light script is fantastic for my game. It is simple to implement and I have made multiple lights (flashlights, lanterns, etc).
But it has started to make my game lag like crazy. Which is sad because having lights in a dark-tinted map is very atmospheric. It seems I will have to remove the lights however, and just keep the player lights, because with just a few lights on one small map, it makes my game lag like crazy.
But I was wondering if there's any way around this? Is there another script that is similar to Zeus'? Or (more preferably) is there some sort of anti-lag solution?
I don't have high hopes :/ But I figured I should ask.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried the several anti lag scripts that exist?

Romanticist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried the several anti lag scripts that exist?
Yeah, I even have two running in my game. Pearl and MOG anti lag. And MOG animation anti-lag though tbh I don't know what that does differently than the standard MOG anti lag.

Thefirelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I understand that anti-scripts are not really "anti-lag" they only stop exercising unnecessary events.

In this post they talk about the Zeus's script and the "anti-lag" scripts. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/help-with-performance-issues-demo-provided.33394/

Edit: I could recommend you do this with the events or pictures you use or create overlayered pictures. ( add blending in the route command in case of events and in the configuration option in case of images).

See: https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/33890-create-lighting-effects-without-scripts/

For the "dynamic" shadows, edit one of your tilesets from A to E by filling in a box with a black color at 50% opacity, so you paint it on the map or put it as an event (and thus interact with commands of outside events.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FenixLuciferum