Shades of Battler, Animated (305), DragonBones (87)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by ShadowHawkDragon, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Rabosion

Rabosion Retro Pixlr Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @ShadowHawkDragon Very cute and monstrously creepy battlers! They are amazing! :kaothx:

@Jewelraffe We don't know the full name unfortunately. Personally though, I don't want to end up in a book whose title might be abbreviated from 'Bloody Limbo', I can't imagine what kind of fate awaits there. That's way too risky :kaodes:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Jewelraffe and ShadowHawkDragon like this.
  2. ShadowHawkDragon

ShadowHawkDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    School is out for these little trouble makers. They are are gearing up to steal hearts and pummel those who refuse to and them over. The two honour students of heart academy are the favourites to win this extra curriculum activity. This year however, there are two mischief makers who plan to take advantage of the season to scare and coax those hearts into their bucket along with a load of candy. Will the tables be turned, will the honour students who refuse to adapt to the seasons become the new dropouts?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now with the year coming to end I have a few things to say. If this crosses a line, Mods, please let me know and I’ll take it down but for now I feel the need to say it.
    For these past few years, through the safety-net called 'savings' (yes, I know it’s a foreign word to many of us) I have been able to dedicate most of my time to the creation of my battlers without the need to work.

Despite currently being in a convenient situation with little expenditure, with this lack of an income I am steadily falling towards the red. To supplement this I have been using Patreon but it is a pity to say my initial goals are going unmet.

I am not saying any of this to squeeze out money, nor am I making it as doom and gloom. Shades of battler won't just stop, however I may need to dial things back. As things stand; starting next year I will have to reduce my available time to find a part-time job. Even with sticking to part-time work it is likely I'll have to cut the time dedicated to battlers by half.

Anyway thank you all for your continued support (the mental kind) and now let’s focus on enjoying the rapidly approaching season of festive joy.

3. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    love the succubus so much she adorable

4. ShadowHawkDragon

First Language:
    English
    While Oni are the feared goliaths of raw muscle, these smaller relatives have mastered the fine art of the blade (and clothing). It is not uncommon for these little ronin to gang up and take down heavily muscled foes ten times their own weight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kes and KitCameo like this.
  5. ShadowHawkDragon

First Language:
    English
    Great fairies, guardians of dreams. Their beauty is said to transcend the very limits of human cognition. Yet none can truthfully vouch for their charm for any who dare enter the groves of these enchanting beauties; never do they return from the realm of dreams.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Mystic_Enigma

Mystic_Enigma Temporary Mama Veteran

In MY world, you are not welcome in my world!
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whooaa...Those fairies are gorgeous! This is really nice!

7. Jewelraffe

Jewelraffe Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very good! Keep up the splendid work!

... I wonder how they keep their modesty while floating like that?

8. Nightshade

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    cute sprites

9. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love these battlers you've made. Real nice work!
    Sorry to read you're heading towards the red though... the fate of every artist I guess haha . Hope you'll find a way to raise funds and keep doing what you love.

10. ShadowHawkDragon

First Language:
    English
    @Jewelraffe Through perfectly timed coincidental leaves, branches and beams of light of course ;)

@Finnuval Its been a fun ride and my art skills have steadily improved thanks to this, so its not all bad. Anyway glad you like my work ;)

The Dreaming Glade is no place for man, dog or hamster. Any who dare enter are forever lost in the realm of dream. It is not that they are unable to escape but that they are enraptured by the sheer beauty of the maidens who entice them. Their looks while exquisite are nothing compared to the enchanting sound of their singing voic...es...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KitCameo, Finnuval and Snakes like this.
  11. Jewelraffe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Forever enticed by maidens... I wonder what happens if the person's not attracted to maidens :rwink:

Splendid work, as usual! Lighter and darker make a very gud combo.

Finnuval likes this.
  12. killdude

killdude RPD Officer Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your battlers are so greatful!Would you think to make scifi battlers like mechs robots or actors?

13. ShadowHawkDragon

First Language:
    English
    @killdude at the moment I'm more focused on fantasy, but I do release the odd sci-fi related oddity here and there such as my Cyber Wasps. But I'll keep it in mind for the future.

The last of the Youkai, the cool and relaxed twin-tailed demon-cat, Nekomata, is here. He may look nonchalant but his small relaxed visage packs a mighty temper. With heavy paws he strikes, with cursed twin tails he smites.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    M.I.A., KitCameo and Mystic_Enigma like this.
  14. Nightshade

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    cute cat i can use that :3 for something hehe

ShadowHawkDragon likes this.
  15. killdude

killdude RPD Officer Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And i have a question.How can i make my own battlers like you?

16. ShadowHawkDragon

First Language:
    English
    @killdude I use a program called DragonBones to create skeletal animations. Basically I create the individual parts in Photoshop (like cutting out pieces of paper), then I attach a load of digital pins (in DragonBones) which keep the parts in place and lets me move them; just like a paper doll.

If its the art you need help with, just practice and look up tutorials. As someone who's self taught that's honestly all I can say.

17. ShadowHawkDragon

First Language:
    English
    The guards of the heavenly doors are forever on attentive watch, none shall pass without their judgement. But fear not for as long as you keep your celestial ID on you at all times they won't chop your head off, in theory. Those deadly executioners in black on the other hand; maybe you should steer clear of them during your visit to Celestial Inc.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

MMMm and KitCameo like this.
  18. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh I LOVE the colors here!!! Well done! (and my 7yo just went WHOA! What the... those are AWESOME! haha)

19. ShadowHawkDragon

First Language:
    English
    The rock-punk loving guards are now ready to protect the great celestial gates. Their training has made them well versed in how to best remove heads from shoulders. None shall beat these highly trained warriors, neither in battle nor Guitar Hero.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Download SV Sheets from my website

CoryH, MMMm, KitCameo and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jewelraffe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Who knew ageless heavenly guards knew how to rock so hard?

Excellent as usual! And they sure know how to stylize!