Shades of Battler, Animated (328), DragonBones (114)

Goldschuss

The creator of Lye Bastion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I voted vicious monsters, because when you make them, they look so awesome (looking at the elemental dragon and the petsuchos)

also voted aerial monsters, we definitly need more birds, crows and (shadow)hawks :p

We enough cute critters I think and the rest sounds rather meh :)

also rest well. I catched a cold several times this year, but I was able to fend them off every time. shower hot and then cold also eat spicy food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Love your polls! Anyway, you could do like top 3 so we can have variations :D muahahah. Love you regardless :D  

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We're, barely even the first week into this poll and the results couldn't be more different

There are no variations this week, instead I have started experimentation into a new style for Overworld characters, here is the first.

Like this new style? Vote Yay or Nay (or don't care)!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11007753

Fudge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yay! You say yes and no the same way a family member of mine does!

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The style is cute that's for sure but the black outline comes across a little thick. Also where did you get those tiles used in the image - especially the water on cliff bit, if you don't mind telling me?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Mickychi Thanks for the feedback, I'll consider changing the outlines from black should I do more.

The Tileset is by MrPyramidHead http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/63456-mr-pyramids-stuff/

Tremble in fear for the queen of demons is here, wisp and all!

Demon Queen

The devilish Queen of Demon's, never get on her bad side, not that she has a good one in the first place!

Chibs

Spoiler

Dark Chibs

The true source of her power too has a life of its own!

Wandering Wisp

Flickering balls of flame, where-ever they wander spiritual events are sure to follow.

Will'O

Spoiler

Darkflame

Marmite

Anyone order the scorpion lunchbox? Be warned I think its still raw...

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Mickychi Thanks for the feedback, I'll consider changing the outlines from black should I do more.

The Tileset is by MrPyramidHead http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/63456-mr-pyramids-stuff/

Tremble in fear for the queen of demons is here, wisp and all!

Demon Queen

The devilish Queen of Demon's, never get on her bad side, not that she has a good one in the first place!

Chibs

Hide contents

Dark Chibs

The true source of her power too has a life of its own!

Wandering Wisp

Flickering balls of flame, where-ever they wander spiritual events are sure to follow.

Will'O

Reveal hidden contents

Darkflame

Marmite

OMG they look amazing :) you are amazing thankies.

Goldschuss

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

Here, I ordered it. And no worries, I can handle those claws.

No seriously, very good work! Fierce, dangerous and an oversized tail - thats how I love my scorpions! and I will make damn good use of them :)

Oh and besides, here's a little recolour: the blackhaired holy weaver.

Antima.png

Izeck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really like the new overworld characters. I would love them even more if you made them in parts for the generator or at the very least, just parts so we can put them together in an image editor.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Izeck Interesting idea, I'll keep it in mind (the latter is more likely), I still have a few kinks to work out but the way I'm making them its not too hard to create the separate parts.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been struggling to come up with good ideas for variations lately so for the time being I'll be releasing statics during these mid-week updates reserving the end of week update for animated battlers!

Nothing like a sweet innocence crossed with a beast, just got to love those hugs; those deadly hugs!

Goldschuss

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You're lacking ideas for variations?

Do you mean recolours and so on?

Or just new monsters?

I kinda want to see an iceberg cloudian with an axe and a viking helmet  BD

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Goldschuss Usually I try to add a little extra something to my variations to make them stand out as more than just a recolour (the slime blob things for one) and its that extra something I'm struggling to find.

For this week and the next I'll continue with this alternate release scheme to see if I can shake this rut.

I'll be adding that idea to my (rather small) list of variation ideas  ;)  

Goldschuss

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Goldschuss Usually I try to add a little extra something to my variations to make them stand out as more than just a recolour (the slime blob things for one) and its that extra something I'm struggling to find.

This is a very good design philosophy you have there and I agree with you there.

My input on this is, try some sort of mutation, if you want something new.

Take one of your normal monsters and then add crazy wings to it. Suddenly this previously normal monster can fly, giving it access to aerial attacks.

A monster that is defensivly weak gets some spikes and thus a weak spot is now strong.

The goombas from mario games are a good examples. Usually weak but with wings or spikes they get much different roles :)

I hope this helped you somehow.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Polls are closing next Friday, vote now or forever hold your... votes...

What's that up in the sky? Is is a bird? is it a plane? Wait, nevermind its just a bird, a large fiery bird but a bird nonetheless. 

Sky Rider

Ride the skies with large wings, these Majestic birds are spoken of in innumerous legends throughout the world.

Phoenix [Design by inspiredtangle (DA Blog)]

Spoiler

Used as mystical charms one too many times, to bring out the sun, to ward away evil during All Hallows' Eve, to scare crows... Abused one too many times they now walk!

Scarecrow

Once simple constructs designed to ward evil, now cursed, they wander the fields in search of that something they lack.

Teru Teru Bozu

Spoiler

Pumpkinhead

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Love pumpkin head. just love him so much.

Edit.. new variation to your devil-sheep, peasant sheep.  Wearing peasant or farmer trousers and a pitchfork without the devil gear.  Something like here are the farmers that feed the occultists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rizal_afand13