Shades of Battler, Animated (328), DragonBones (114)

Goldschuss

The creator of Lye Bastion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hmm okay, I have some other ideas on the mythological side.

For example the Sphinx. It usually guards the entraces of a pyramid.

Animals based on egyptian gods would probably also fit nicely, such as an anubis shaped hound.

Then, let's not forget the phoenix, who spawns from an egg and is reborn in his own ashes, should he die.

The petsuchos is a crocodilish animal, who shoots sunrays from the top of his head.

Phew, that should give you enough work for now :D

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The tall Egyptian cats from the hieroglyphs.  Some form of Egyptian priest anima or humunculus or a new being altogether with a scepter, Ankh or other variation of Egyptian religious relics.  

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Time for a cookie... Or it would be if that snake weren't still in there!

Snake Surprise

Nothing like opening a jar only to have a snake pop out! Nothing like chasing the perp who placed said snake in said jar to the ends of the earth!

Cobra Jar

Spoiler

This is one cactus that always goes for the knockout, but whatever you do, don't call him a pickle! 

Goldschuss

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Haha I see, you literally took the idea of a "fighting cactus" word for word :D

However, is it possible to also get a version without gloves? might be more suitable for a... more serious RPG.

I'm excited for the next release.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

It got a bit prickly there, but I have managed to convince our cati friend to remove his gloves. Good job I already drew his hands in  :p  

Might end up giving him a variation with some other weapons.

Got a big guy planned for next release too, didn't finish him this week but next week... Praise the Sun!

Joe Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome work mate!
Any chance you could add shadows to your animated battlers like in the pic I have attached.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ShinobiSoftware I had thought about this back before I started releasing but decided against as it just wasn't practical. 

The problem is getting the shadows to match the feet and remain consistent throughout the animations (not to mention things like fire and glows), I would have to do this manually for all 54 frames of each battler. This just adds more time to the creation of each battler which I felt and still feel not to be worth it. While I could add oval shadows, yanfly's plugin already has this option which is more flexible than in-drawn shadows.

Joe Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShinobiSoftware I had thought about this back before I started releasing but decided against as it just wasn't practical. 

The problem is getting the shadows to match the feet and remain consistent throughout the animations (not to mention things like fire and glows), I would have to do this manually for all 54 frames of each battler. This just adds more time to the creation of each battler which I felt and still feel not to be worth it. While I could add oval shadows, yanfly's plugin already has this option which is more flexible than in-drawn shadows.
Yeah it is a fair amount of extra work I understand your decision.

I will checkout yanfly's plugin , I may also try to add the shadows for all 54 frames myself

Thanks again

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Non may enter the sacred tomb without exclusive permission from its guardian people, please line up in an orderly fashion!

Anima Soldier - Temple Guard

Let loose upon the world from an age long forgotten the homunculi, artificially born beings of magic, wander the world seeking new occupations!

Homunculus - Ankh Priest

Many seek the stone tablet of ancient words, never do they manage to find this highly elusive slab of stone!

Magical Object - Relic

*BOOM!* *BOOM!* Nothing like the sound of mummified imp like things firing off their cannons!

Cannoneer - Mummy Cannon [design by inspiredtangle (DA Blog)]

Beware for the eye of the old gods watches you!

Watcher - Eye of Horus

Few, that's a lot for a single update and its only mid-week!?!

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh my.. those are amazing. I so very love them all. I mean every single one of them are fantastic.  The monkey men guards are great. The Humunculus priests are supurb.  The stone tablets fit in with the magic book.  The mummy imp cannonneers are fun and even the watcher is cool and I'm not that huge a fan of most of the watchers.  So great job.  You really got your egyptian grove thing down with this batch of battlers. 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DarkstarMatryx Cheers, it took a bit of work but I managed to find my inner Egyptian :D  
Glad to hear you like the new cannoneer and watcher, the cannoneers and watchers are both concepts I felt had a lot of potential waiting to be found!

Goldschuss

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is that a fur or hair around the temple guards head?

I don't mean to be picky or something, but you could also mistake him for someone, who resides at the north pole :D cause it really looks like he's wearing a fur coat with all the blue and so on.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Goldschuss lol, it is meant to be hair but maybe he actually is wearing a fur coat and just doesn't want his monkey friends to know :p  

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
He reminds of a baboon like warrior gaurd. I love him and think he is perfect.  Hope to see more interesting anima warriors join the club.

Krazymouse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are all so great! I'm so glad I discovered these. I'm gonna use them prominently in my next game ^.^

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DarkstarMatryx You've got him down to the letter, he's based loosely on the red-faced baboons on Egyptian hieroglyphs

The mummies are here!

Skull Walker

As omens of death, they wander among the graves and tombs of those who have long since left this world.

Skullzy

Spoiler

Mummy

Pharaoh

Fear them, fear their shiny skulls, pay no heed to those pointy-stabby claws!

Now, to banish those crawling skull-ridden nightmares, join me in prayer... "Praise the sun!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:/ nope...today is canceled.
"...and I hope you like jammin' too."
This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Endruler