Shades of Battler, Animated (328), DragonBones (114)

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Love them and it looks more like a rock this time. Although, I have a great idea for the seed snake so that one is totally random but cool to me as well.

Goldschuss

The creator of Lye Bastion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Really nice, since those are the last entries, the scorpion didn't quite make it, I assume.

Still, really well done hawk!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DarkstarMatryx It's always great when people find a way to use even your mistakes :p

@Goldschuss There was the skull scorpion that was intended to fill that niche. I have plans for a more traditional scorp too but as you assumed he didn't quite make the cut, not this time.

There will likely be a future supplement to this theme for anything that got missed, including more types of Antima (still got the soldier/worker, temple guard and queen to go)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Answer one riddle and you may pass... Or you could just walk around him, he's not moving either way.

Lion-ing Around

The masters of procrastination, once they settle in place never do they move!

Sphinx [design by inspiredtangle (DA Blog)]

Spoiler

Prepare for battle a challenger appears. but watch out he's going for the K.O.!

Battling Cacti

These thrill seeking 'prickly pickles' are known to charge into battle at the drop of a hat!

Boxer

Spoiler

Fighter

Our second challenger lies in wait!

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If we use the the Boxer Cacti, can we get in trouble because it looks a lot like Togemon from Digimon? Just curious... lol

Togemon Link

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Solis Nice catch I wondered if someone would spot that reference :p  

I won't deny the inspiration...

However, copyright does not apply to vague ideas (cactus with boxing gloves) only the direct copying of the finished piece.

Two artists both drew the same tree from the same bench of the same park using the same set of paints bought from the same store but never once did they meet; did they copy each other?

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just wanted to make sure :D

<3!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ShinobiSoftware Not yet, they are next on the list however.

For future reference please check for battlers shown in the "The following battlers are as of yet 'static' only, each of these will be animated in due time." section on the first post (bottom most spoiler).

Any battlers belonging to this section are not yet animated but will be in due time (1-2 per week not counting variations). 

MauricioEsp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
OMG THANKS!!!!!!! I would really love if i get the sprites for that enemies, so I can use it in maps and events!!!! Please tell me if you have the sprites of them. Thank you anyway!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@MauricioEsp I currently do not make 'map sprites' for my battlers. It is something I've been considering but simply put I don't enjoy creating traditional 'pixel-sprites'.

I am however looking into a style and method of creating 'map sprites' that fits me better, but I am still a ways off.

What do you get if you cross a lion with a flower... A Dande-Lion!

Lion-ing Around - Dande-Lion [design by inspiredtangle (DA Blog)]

Introducing the cacti of cacti, the gladiator! However, rest assured, despite his looks he barely knows how to handle that weapon.

Battling Cacti - Gladiator

Bring on the storm! Bring on the storm clouds!

Cloudian - Storm Caller

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Storm Caller looks amazing and very menacing as well as the Gladiator Cacti.  I love them both.  The Dandi-lion looks more like a cotton candy-lion, just so cute and cuddly, totally usable though. I guess I was picturing a flower peddle mane and a green twisted stem like skin instead of fur in lion shape.

Goldschuss

The creator of Lye Bastion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I said that multiple times already so I just skip all the praising and go on with my comment:

After the darude cloudstorm you're giving us a freakin Thor cloud haha, amazing especially because I wanted to recolor the cloudian anyway to have a storm cloud version and now you made it yourself with a more fitting weapon :D

The cloudian is definitly my favorite of your monsters so far, with all of it's variations.
It's getting a starter position in my monster rpg.

MauricioEsp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Oh i see. That's very good! I hope you find a style that fits you perfectly, so maybe we'll be very happy with that new resource soon!. Greetings, friend, and thanks allot again.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DarkstarMatryx Yeah, Dande-Lion didn't work out as intended (dandelion fluff is hard) but thought it might still be useful. I may just try your flower petal version some time in the future ;)  
@Goldschuss I've been meaning to release a storm cloud version for a while now, just couldn't figure out the right weapon. The Cloudians are fun to make and well worth starter status  :D  

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nothing creepier than a giant disembodied skull that stares at you, especially not when they start sprouting legs to follow!

Skull Crawler

Once mighty ancient brings ruled the earth! Now, spider and scorpion like insects wear their skulls for protection from the sun.

Crawler

Spoiler

Scorpion

The Kimera has been updated slightly (attack effects and 'weak' animation)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/901snftbl46h2b0/AAD_m7WH9w8CUe2dO7yreUhVa?dl=0

For this release I have tried out some alternative effects for the attack animations (as seen on the Skull Crawlers and newly altered Kimera).

This includes a smother blend on the 'slash' effect and a new 'bash' effect. Don't hesitate to say whether these are better or worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"...and I hope you like jammin' too."
This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.
Microsoft tools are a blessing and a curse. They're great, but also insanely restrictive :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Endruler