Shades of Battler, Animated (342), DragonBones (128)

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goodness, these battlers are certainly off-the-wall and original. I like 'em a lot, my favorites being the Bombs and Riding Hood Bears. =3

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kloe Ah, I can imagine the joy, foraging for tasty plants only to pull up a mushroom twice your size, just thinking of all that mushroom soup...*drools*... And if its too hot, just throw in some ice, mushroom ice!

Good analysis on Mecha-Sentinel, A 'high-tech ancient weapon left to rust for centuries' is precisely what I was after. But don't think for one second he's lost his edge!

@RachelTheSeeker Glad you like them, I've been thinking of more bombs for a while, maybe a sci-fi/mecha one to go with Mecha-Sentinel?

I won't be doing any more Riding Hood Bears (already have all three main types), I may do their papa/mama in the future as a boss.

Now I've regained my sanity (that Sentinel took all my MP to defeat), I'll take this chance to announce the current poll results.

At the top and not to my surprise we have... Bosses!

Next, tied in second is... Mechanical and animals/beasts!

In third the Demonic forces lurk unseen!

And as honorable mentions, Magical and Angelic where neck and neck with the forces of darknes for the best part.

So from now on, expect more machines and beastly critters! Of course the others won't be forgotten either.

Bosses may be the clear winners, but please do not expect them every week. The Mecha-Sentinel seriously drew me to the edge trying to finish it in time...

I'll leave the poll running for another week or two, even if the winners don't change I'll pay close attention to the runner-ups.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mid-week updates are evolving! 
From now on, mid-week updates will be dedicated to variations for existing battlers (suggestions welcome).
New additions and their animation will now be reserved to the'end of week updates, occasional bonus variations may be included.

With this I intend to create a clear distinction between these two updates and make both something to look forward to.

Mid-week update! Ok, ok it's getting merged this week but expect them as normal next week.

Time for the true update!

Boar

These master hunters of the snout are never far from truffle, its very truffling!

Oinker

Spoiler

Heat up those grills and frying pans, Tophat Pigson and his friend Crispy Bacon will be coming next mid-week!

As a homage to 'magical' rising to tied third place (not because it was easy...  >_> ...), I hand thee the Blade of Heroes!

Hero's Legend

They are the true legends of the world! They lie in wait as the centuries pass by, waiting until the arrival of a foolish pawn worthy hero.

Wind Blade

Spoiler

And finally for the day of egg giving that arrives this weekend I present 'holiday variations'! Just don't pig out like these two  ;)

Easter Shell

Spoiler

Choco

As a final note I have amended the Mecha-Sentinel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oink, oink oink-oink oink!

Oink-oink oink, oink-oink-oink oink!

Oink? Oink-oink!

Gentlepork

Spoiler

Bacon

And chill...

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yay! Mr.Piggy or Gentlepork, is the coolest, fancyiest pig in town with his great fashion sence and his love of Tea and Biscuits.

Bacon is the coolest best pig ever with his awesome fire magic of yummy-ness, lets just hope he doesnt need to go to the Beach and that he applied plenty of suncream for his flaming back.

Chill is LITERALLY the COOLest ball in town, with his power of rolling and bouncing, everybody loves him! He loves hanging out in the local sports arena where he bounces around, playing sport as the ball.

ufi24472

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
圖片都沒有辦法顯示了 

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forumsfor help, or head back to home.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ufi24472 Sorry for the broken links. These links are not needed anymore and have been removed.

In dropbox, I store static battlers without animated counterparts separately and then move them in with the rest once animated.

This results in broken links, which is why I have always re-posted the static battler alongside its animation sheet.

I will reconsider this filing method for the future, for the time being I will make sure these out-dated links are deleted.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aha! I I have done it with this one, I've struck gold!

...Wait a minute... that's not gold, that's iron pyrite!

I've been taken for a fool!!

Living Object

Spoiler

In some cultures it is said that in every object there lies a soul, but isn't this a bit too literal?

Gold

Spoiler

Magic Object

The power of magic holds many mysteries, mysteries that include making objects float and move and attack as is alive!

Gold

Spoiler

Fools Gold

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Ehm... Why the new battlers aren't submitted yet?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ilan14 They are up now, I was in the middle of rolling through some new changes, please read the rest of this post for further details.

Start of a new season

I have been planning a few new changes that I hope will make the first post more manageable and easier to edit, on top of this I have realised that my filing system needs altering. Rather than performing a full transition which would likely break every link in this topic I have decided to leave everything as it is and instead declare a new 'season' and start afresh.

All Prior animated battlers (41) have been zipped and include the static battlers at their original scale (4x) as an added bonus.

Season 1 collection zip

In addition I have created a Deviant Art Gallery to showcase past designs, this gallery is not yet fully up to date. In the future I intend to have no more than 2-3 weeks worth of battlers showcased in the first post. Do not worry battlers will not be removed from dropbox and the Deviant Art Gallery will also contain the individual links in each submission's description.

Now to finish this week, I unleash the machines!

Sentinel

Guardians of ancient shrines and temples, there is only ever one way to gain entry... Dance off!!

Mecha

Spoiler

This next guy may be small but he packs a punch, an explosive punch!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With speaking of 'seasons', I realised something... Spring is here!

Quick, rally the heroes, we must slay the beast before it spreads it magic and transforms the land!

Wrecking Tree - Sakura Bloom

It's not working... Flower power too strong... We need the demon blade! Cut down those evil flowery trees! No... don't fall for their ploy... don't be charmed...

Hero's Legend - Demon's Brand

Few, the disaster has been averted. Time for a refreshing beverage, but which to have... Perhaps the cool refreshing Pop? Maybe the tangy yet revitalising Fizz? Or perhaps the sweat taste of a freshly squeezed Peach Soda?

Can of Fizz

Spoiler

Can of Pop

Can of Peach

Fizz and Pop will be read backwards if used as enemies, I will be be providing an altered 'enemy only' version in the near future. Peach can be used as normal.

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Love the new sword and tree.  I really love your animal, plant and anima creations.  both cute yet lively.  You have a knack for making the forest a dangerous place and not just from the ghosts and goblins.  I hope some walking veggie and floral warrior join your mushroom bandits and elder Trees.  Keep up the amazing work.  The cans are amusing as well.  

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DarkstarMatryx Thanks, I'm glad you like them  :)  

I am currently running a poll (see first post) which includes plants. But even if they don't win, they won't be forgotten, I couldn't even if I wanted. They seriously swarm my sketchbooks that I could just plant them outside (the sketchbooks) and expect something to grow!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Poll has Closed!

Average vote% out of 12 results = 8% 

1. Bosses - 14 votes (12%)

2. Magical - 13 votes (11%)

3. Mehanical - 12 votes (10%)

4. Animals - 11 votes (10%)

4. Demonic - 11 votes (10%)

6. Mythological - 10 votes (9%)

7. Insectoids - 9 votes (8%)

7. Plants - 9 votes (8%)

9. Undead and Phantoms - 8 votes (7%)

10. Aquatic - 7 votes (6%)

11. Heavenly - 6 votes (5%)

12. Aerial - 5 votes (4%)

All results with 8% (average) or higher will be given the priority.

Magical will be the highest, including enchanted objects (mundane, weapons, suits of armour, etc.), magic infused constructs (golems), spell casting critters with a wizarding license (pointy hats are mandatory) and elemental designs.

Mechanical, Animals and Demonic with 10% of the votes each will also receive frequent updates.

Bosses: These are not just bigger but are more detailed 'upper-level' designs. As I have mentioned before, they will not be frequent, but when they do arrive they will be off a completely new level.

And now we move on to this weeks new-comers, after sitting in wait all this time, it's turn has finally arrived...

Mothfly

Creatures of mysterious power, the simple flapping of their wings is known to cause whirlwinds and tornadoes upon the other side of the globe!

Chaos Moth

Spoiler

What do you do when you have rocks in your head? You turn them into battlers!

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Chaos Moth turned out great. I love it. I also saw your drawing of the Cuben and Klara I would love to to a battler of your creation Klara. She looks like she could be an interesting species and you drew her really well even if it wasn't with the intent of use of a battler.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DarkstarMatryx I'm glad the Chaos Moth came out alright. Those wings took a lot of figuring out, the reason it was delayed so much.

I am actually thinking of branching into 'Actors' once I hit my goal of 50 uniquely animated enemies (almost half way), and she being one of my favourites could well end up as one.

Edit - Update is here!

Reversed cans are up, these will not be written back words when used as enemies

Living Object - Fizz

Spoiler

Living Object - Pop

Ever heard of veg with attitude? These veggies have some mighty attitude!

Living Object - Baby Carrot

Spoiler

Living Object - Punk Tomato

Now what was that spell again? I'll just look it up in my book of magics... Well I WOULD if it weren't trying to kill me, or worse turn me into a frog!

Magic Object - Grimoire

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The spellbook looks awesome and now we have the beginning of the attack of the killer tomatoes. :)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That is awesome! Attack of the tomato gangsters!! AHH!!!!

Carrot dude gonna rock the street, yo!

And I love the non-backward cans, it was amazing before but bugged me a little, but now we can have a can vs can battle AND read the words on the side at the same time, yay!

NOOO!! THE BOOKS ARE ATTACKING!! RUN AWAY!! Pew Pew, "READ BLAST!!" (Books kill... That'd be a murder story, badum ch)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kloe Would you believe how long it took for me to even realise the cans were backwards? I was even looking at the flipped statics...curse my ability to read backwards!

The first design of this week originated from the 'Let's draw each other's characters!' thread, upon seeing @TheGamedawg's design I felt compelled to redraw it as a battler.

The embodiment of otherworldly beings who have come to interact with the residents of the world.

Cubenen - Design by @TheGamedawg, please give credit if used. Not for Commercial use without permission from the original artist!

Spoiler

I feel a prickling sensation, its as if I'm being watched...

Watcher

If during a journey you ever feel like you're being watched, you probably are but don't worry these keen observers are mighty shy!

Drone

Spoiler

Time for more new statics!

The goat, a symbol of the devil! 

What?! Goats aren't sheep with horns?

Made to serve his master this homunculus knows only one spell, Frog-morph!

Clouds with giant swords are a thing, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Apparently the various VS core plugins are going to be free. :LZSexcite:
Now to go wash the stink off myself from having had to look at Twitter.
:rtear:

heroine before entering いせかい
We're giving away a copy of MZ come join us!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vorpal_Sword