Shades of Battler, Animated (350), DragonBones (142)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While carnivorous beast are to be feared for obvious reasons, its the herbivorous beasts you have to watch out for…

Imagine walking home triumphantly after a successful hunt, the town gates clearly in sight. But then your day comes crashing to an end as you feel the ground beneath you rumbling.
Turning in dread you see the most feared form yet… Giant tusks known to pierce even stone, heavy bone crushing bulk and the worst of all, those beady eyes of a blood thirsty killer; all coming straight for you. You run, the gates drawing closer, but to your horror you spot the guards abandoning their posts as they quickly dart behind the gates slamming them shut. Their faces were that of shear terror as they glanced in your direction moments before.

It is the end, with nowhere to go and abandoning all hope you throw yourself to the ground just as that insurmountable wall of furry flesh skims over your stiffened body, the shear bulk bearing down as if squeezing the very life out of you before thankfully lifting at the last possible moment. Seconds later you hear a loud collision and the heart-wrenching sound of splintering wood followed by panicked screams and shouts for reinforcements…

You don’t dare move, remaining as still as possible your hunt beside you trampled flat and completely limp, crushed as you could have been. A loud series of squeals and the splintering of wood echoes around you until, finally, you hear and feel the heavy quakes of retreat as the dreaded beats disappears back into the woods.

Slowly pulling yourself up you see the shattered gate barely held up against its frame, the spear wielding soldiers on the other side wiping sweat from their brows. The threat was over, you had survived to tell another day…
Well, that sure was an essay...

static battler
download DragonBones battler
animated battler
static battler
animated battler
static battler
animated battler

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A rustle in the bushes... The gentle pit-pat of small feet....

Something is here, something small, something fast, something squeaky, something which wants your cheese.

The mice (and rabbits and hedgehog) are back!

Armed with shiny new animations the Battle Mice join the ranks of DragonBones battlers, and they are stronger than ever.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have this thread on watch and follow you, shadow. Yet I haven't been notified, what is this??
Still, glad I checked in, hooray for some simple critters!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Goldschuss Good to see you still around.

If you have it on email alerts I find you have to actually go to watched threads after each notification, as it seems to only send the one email and then no more until you next physically visit the thread. Its probably to prevent spam from highly active threads, Not sure if there's a setting you can change.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They stand far from reach blasting their foes to smithereens but should their foes get to them they soon fold. That is the life, and death, of the infamous Grass Cannon… Wait it is grass right, not that other similar sounding word?

After all who’d make a cannon out of something so fragile which shatters when placed under extreme force; not when the resilient flexible blades of greenery are far more than suitable. They even come with their own specially grown operatives, trained solely for the purposes of firing their conjoined weapon of destruction.

But what do we know, so we’ve grown a genetically altered version reminiscent in properties to the highly sought after glass variant. High risk of impalement by shards of glass should the product explode violently on use, use at own risk.

static battler
static battler
static battler

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some say a crazy gardnerer plants them on purpose to keep hordes from zombies away from his house

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, the more canny gardener will deploy them against slugs. Nothing else will preserve the hostias from their ravaging ways.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When it comes to defence, nothing says "get lost" than a massive cannon. Problem is you need someone on watch 24 hours a day to man and fire said cannons on any would be attackers.

This is where the latest of elf-tech's inventions come into play, introducing the Flownnon. All is needed is to plant these special seeds around your city, give a little bit of water and plenty of sunshine and... Boom, instant defence program grown solely to blast away any unwanted intruders.

No foes will dare come near as long as the sun is out, and for those night time woes there are the fungal variety who love to stay out all night. Never again will you feel the wrath of a hoard of wild boar or swarms of centipedes.

Warning: Those approaching without certified ID attuned to the the magical resonance of these special home grown sentries will be fired upon without mercy. It is highly recommended to keep you ID on you at all times and to never misplace it. Do note that all zombies will be fired upon on sight, whether they hold a valid ID or not, perfect for garden deployment.

static battler
animated battler
static battler
animated battler
static battler
animated battler

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They are the harbingers of death, the bringers of doom. In life they alone were responsible for bringing ‘justice’ to criminal scum, their axe knows no mercy. Now in death their axe hungers still, craving fresh sacrifices.

Haunting the graveyards and temples in which their bloodstained bodies finally came to rest, they forever seek to enact their merciless ‘justice’. Should you find yourself crossing paths with one of these spectral executioners… Run. Just Run.

static battler
static battler

Sirius270

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!! I'm looking at using these materials in a commercial. Is this an appropriate place to ask if this is okay? I am aware that I need to contact 2 others, as well.
Wishing you well, and your resources are amazing!!!!!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sirius270 Thanks,

Yes you may use my battlers in commercial projects.

In regards to additional permissions you only need to ask the relevant artist if you us the Cubenen, Lampert or Flying Eye battlers. They will be obvious due to having a different prefix.

However take note, I don't believe ShiroHaru99 is active anymore, so unless you get a reply the two battlers using their designs are not available for commercial use.

Battlers by InspiredTangle follow my terms and conditions and so are available for full use as long as you include their name in your game's credits.

If you need any further details I'd suggest you Private Massage me to avoid clogging the thread.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Journal Entry - Month 10, Day 31

Why, why didn't we listen.

They told us not to go near the catacombs, that the spirit of the mad emperor who decapitated over 7 wives still haunted his grave.

But no, we ignored them like the fools we were.

"It'll be fine" she said.

"Mere skeletons are nothing to us" he said.

"Dibs on the crown" I said.

We were fools, we got ahead of ourselves only to lose said heads to temptation.

There was no skeleton we didn't smash, no trap we didn't avoid, even those labyrinthine corridors and chambers didn't sway us.

All was fine, the treasures were amazing, so why, why didn't we just call it there.

No, we just had to, the last chamber where the king himself was said to rest after severing even his own mad head.

"Just a peak" he said as he pushed the heavy doors open his head popping through.

With a heavy clunk of metal against stone his body fell back. His body but no head.

She screamed, I just stood there frozen in disbelief. My best friend and adventuring partner gone in a blink of an eye and that 'thing' was to blame. I could not stand by.

Letting my rage consume me I swung my sword, but soon felt hard stone to my back as I was swept away by a single hand, sharp claw like nails ripping my flesh.

I expected a quick death like him, but, 'It' didn't bother with me, instead hovering slowly towards her as she stooped over his body.

"Run" I tried to yell as but my voice couldn't come out, I was too scared it'd turn for me as I watched it raise its axe.

I couldn't watch, with my last ounce of strength I pushed myself from the wall, crawled into the very chamber 'it' had guarded.

I now write the last of my words as I await my turn. Perhaps I'll be lucky, maybe it won't ever return.

But. Even if not, these words will be my last. Maybe they will be of use to others.

I am done, I cannot go on.

But before all ends.

I shall at least savour that which we came.

That crown. Atop dusty throne.

It calls me.

I hear its voice in the back of my mind.

The Mighty Emperor speaks to me, beckons me.

I, I did not survive. I was chosen.

static battler
animated battler
static battler
animated battler

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The most majestic of draconic kind. He is the one who blesses the heavens themselves, their most beautiful radiance no more than an echo of the the divine waves radiating from such a grand and majestic being.

His very breath carries the winds of warmth and life filling all who breathe their very soul and essence...

His claws the jewels that carved the very earth forming mountains and etching rivers into the ground with careful precision as if tending to a masterpiece...

His eyes that which saw the very beauty of all existence before existence itself came to be...

Or so he says...

In truth there is no dragon more narcissistic and full of himself as this ridiculously long over-polished snake who spends most of his time in front of the mirror; when not spinning ridiculous tales of his 'splendid' grandeur.

static battler

static battler
static battler
static battler
static battler

Journey_Sticks

Builder of Stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 137985
Welcome to Shades of Battler, brought to you by the Hawk of a Dragon who lurks in shadows. I am here to bring forth unique battlers of different shades, from funky mushroom warriors to ferocious beasts.
If you like my work feel free to follow me on DeviantArt.

Latest Battlers
To view the latest battlers in gallery format please visit my website at:
shadowhawkdragon.wordpress.com

Season 9 battlers via dropbox
Season 1-8 ZIPs (321)
Overworld Sprite Samples
Designs no longer in this post can be viewed in my Deviant Art gallery.

Current Count~
132 :unique battler designs
355 :including variations (350 animated)
142: animated in DragonBones

Terms and Conditions:
Free for non-commercial games. Credit is appreciated, and please do not claim them as your own.
Free for commercial use on the condition you sell me your soul! Scratch that, credit and prior notice is all that I ask...
Sharing of these battlers and edits is allowed but please link back to this Topic

Additional Credits: Specified Battlers are based off designs by additional artists (Indicated by file-name prefix)
- Please give credit where due and do not use commercially without first seeking their permission unless stated in their own terms and conditions.
insiredtangle [DA Blog]​
~prefix: ispire-​
~terms: InspiredTangle has given me full rights to my work and so only permission is required from me, ShadowHawkDragon. I would still recommend you credit InspiredTangle for the designs in case you use any of these works.​

@TheGamedawg (Cubenen)​
~prefix: thegame-​
~terms: contact for commercial use​

ShiroHaru99 (Lampert, Flying Eye)​
~prefix: shiro-​
~terms: contact for commercial use​
I just checked out your deviantart page, you do amazing work. Awesome stuff! There can never be too many monsters to bash. I love your work.

Jennavieve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just started using the VisuStella Battle Core and your animated enemies are a godsend! I originally just needed a way to use an actor sprite as an enemy but after implementing that now I want nothing but more animated battlers and these are perfect. The artwork is beautiful, thank you so much for sharing these. Keep up the good work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite