Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ilan14 I'm glad to hear there's interest in this monstrosity, I've been avoiding it the last few weeks but fully intend to give it my focus this week.

It has turned out to be far more ambitious than I first thought, there are even parts of this design I haven't the foggiest idea of how I'm going to do them.

It's time to strike up those stoves and flaming torches, firewood is on its way!

Sentinel - Nature

shade-s-sentinal_nature.png

shade-a-sentinel_nature.png

This next one is actually an edit I got from messing around with the 'colour balance' adjustment.

Sentinel - Nature (edit: Tombwalker)

shade-s-sentinal_nature-edit.png

shade-a-sentinel_nature-edit.png

No longer do baths have to be taken in the dark, a bubbly water-friendly glow has come to town!

Illuminator - Aqua

shade-s-illuminator_jellyfish.png

shade-a-illuminator_aqua.png

Is it just me? I can't shake this feeling... Its as if I'm being watched, watched from beyond the void...

Watcher - Voidling

shade-s-watcher-watcher.png

shade-a-watcher_voidling.png

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Look at those four. I like the voidling, part beholder and part demon. Sort of cute eldritch thing. Aqua just aches for there to be water battles in a game it is a must have.  It just wants to shine its love on you till the lights go out.  I love the two wood sentinels the trees have walking warriors, beware the woods at night no longer is the only threat those funky looking trees and the oversized mushrooms now the piles fallen branches on the ground could be a sentinel waiting to spring up and kill you.  Those poor adventurers. It is no wonder why the animals have evolved to anima and learned to use weaponry.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you hear that thunderous roar? Do you feel the quaking ground?

The terror comes, in its wake only splintered tree shall remain, run!

Do not stop, do not look back, for those who do... those who gaze upon the beast will never be the same!

Very few live to tell the tale! Those who perish at its claws are the lucky

Souls stolen as to fuel its ephemeral flame, those who survive eternally call out its name, he, lord of destruction and insanity, the Kimera!

You have been warned!

shade-s-kimera.png

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohhh I can't wait until this one gets animated :D with a bit of recoloring, he could become a monster for any elemental class, especially fire.

Good job

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Do you hear that thunderous roar? Do you feel the quaking ground?

The terror comes, in its wake only splintered tree shall remain, run!

Do not stop, do not look back, for those who do... those who gaze upon the beast will never be the same!

Very few live to tell the tale! Those who perish at its claws are the lucky

Souls stolen as to fuel its ephemeral flame, those who survive eternally call out its name, he, lord of destruction and insanity, the Kimera!

You have been warned!

shade-s-kimera.png

Oh my god, that looks terrifying! :D

Just as the person above, I can´t wait until this gets animated! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I'm afraid I've been tangled in something inspirational, there's no mid-week update...!!

InspiredTangle-preview.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Today I would like to introduce a friend and collaborative partner, inspiredtangle! (DeviantArt, Blog)

From here on I will occasionally be producing battlers based on her original artwork.

Credit for these battlers are equally shared, inspiredtangle for the base design and me for the finished piece.
For commercial use of these battlers permission from insipredtangle is also required, contact her via DA or Blog

To simplify crediting, battlers designed by inspiredtangle will use the file-name prefix 'inspire-' rather than my own 'shade-'.

Terms and conditions updated

Now without further ado I introduce the first 7 battlers that come as a tangle of inspiration!

Shadow Walker

Look out behind you, even if you can't see him he's there, following your every step...

Creepster Bunny [design by Inspired Tangle]

Spoiler

inspire-s-shadow.png

inspire-a-shadow.png

Fiend [design by Inspired Tangle]

inspire-s-shadow-alt.png

inspire-a-shadow_alt.png

Shoutfrog

These friendly toads bring life to the party, but whatever you do DON'T let them sing karaoke!

Frogbert [design by Inspired Tangle]

Spoiler

inspire-s-shoutfrog_frogbert.png

inspire-a-shoutfrog_frogbert.png

Tropical [design by Inspired Tangle]

inspire-s-shoutfrog_tropical.png

inspire-a-shoutfrog_tropical.png

Lollipop

Lollipop lollipop oh lolli lolli pop, got to have a lollipop!

Strawberry Twirl [design by Inspired Tangle]

Spoiler

inspire-s-lollipop_strawberrytwirl.png

inspire-a-lollipop_strawberrytwirl.png

Lemon Star [design by Inspired Tangle]

inspire-s-lollipop_lemonstar.png

inspire-a-lollipop_lemonstar.png

Cannoneer

Be it a steel beast, sleek war-machine or a volatile mushroom, there is nothing like a good cannon! You can blow your foes up from afar without a worry, and when they get close... There's nothing like a cannon to the head!

Funguy [design by Inspired Tangle]

Spoiler

inspire-s-cannoneer_funguy.png

inspire-a-cannoneer_funguy.png

As a final note, with the 'thematic location' poll coming to an end on Wednesday (1st June) there will be no variations next mid-week, instead expect the Kimera in all its ferocious glory!

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Goldschuss It works if you have a crazy wizard or witch with an army of candy soldiers.  Sort of like a Hansel and Gretel witch and her twisted candy minions.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here he is, the long awaited monster, the king of beasts and stealer of souls!

Kimera

A mutant, an experiment gone wrong, the forces of nature unleashed... Regardless of origin the mere appearance or such a monstrous beast is enough to drive men insane, 

Soul Blaze (animated battler)

Spoiler

shade-s-kimera.png

The polls are in!

Haunted Woods - 8 votes
Volcanic Springs - 9 votes
Candy Crags - 9 votes
Jungle Falls - 9 votes
High-tech Ruins - 9 votes
Celestia - 9 votes
Fiery Underworld - 9 votes

MT. Frigid - 10 votes
Vamparic Mansion - 10 votes

Despite its lengthy ride up front Under the Sea! with 11 votes has finished third! While this means it will not be part of this month's themes it will likely receive an honorary mention next month!

Gaining ground during the second half Scorching Dunes has reached first place with 12 votes!

But its not alone, after an amazing last minute dash Forgotten Pyramid has too scored first place at 12 votes!

Well that was one interesting horse race poll, overall from start to finish the results were all fairly closely knit.

Fancy names aside this month's releases will be heavily desert and Egyptian based

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah, looks like the chances of getting my scorpion battler(s) are mighty high  BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Goldschuss Can't have a desert without scorpions. They're giving me a bit of difficulty (so hard to draw right...) but I'll be sure to include one at least.

Time for an interlude as we switch to a new channel/theme, or rather it would be if the TV wouldn't run off!

TV Bot

Entertainment technology from a bygone era turned rogue!

Channel GRUMP

Spoiler

shade-s-retrobot_tvbot.png

shade-a-tvbot_channalgrump.png

Here it is the first entrants to this month's themed releases!

For our first contester we have representing er... Wait, what on earth is that! Who let this guy in?

shade-s-skullwalker_skullzy.png

Lets try this again, in the blue corner for team Forgotten Pyramid... We have a Mummy and Daddy Pharaoh pair!

shade-s-skullwalker_mummy.png
shade-s-skullwalker_pharaoh.png

VS

And in the red corner from team Scorching Dunes... The Dune-walking Lizorg and a fiery salamander!

shade-s-lizorg_rocky.png
shade-s-lizorg_salamander.png

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like this salamander, although I think he might need a little diet  :guffaw:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Scale him down with yanfly's animated plugin. looks great. 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you hear that? Under the blistering sun, surrounded by sand as far as the eye can see... The sound of frogs?! No, that can't be, frogs can't live in the desert, they're amphibians!

Shout Frog - Dune Croaker [design by inspiredtangle (DA Blog)]

inspire-s-shoutfrog_dunecroaker.png

inspire-a-shoutfrog_frogbert.png

I stand corrected...

The forgotten guardian arises. He's angry, very angry, someone painted graffitti while he slept!

Weapon Guardian - Tomb Golem

shade-s-tombguardian.png

shade-a-weaponguardian_tombgolem.png

His minions however quite like their new hip look!

Weapon Protector - Tomb Golem

shade-s-tombprotector.png

shade-a-weaponprotector_tombgolem.png

Aside from throwing pharaoh hats on everything, I seem to be drawing a blank for Egyptian themed enemies... Curse you creative block! 

Anyone got some cool ideas to try out?

Guess I'll have to watch The Mummy... for research...  >_>

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Specifically egypitian/tomp style, or does desert well enough?

Here some hints:

A fighting cactus, a sandworm, pyramid-shaped enemies, and let's not forget those curved swords! Alright curved swords are more arabic, but still. Curved. Swords.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
More on the Egyptian Tomb side of things for Forgotten Pyramid

Still some those are some good ideas I may use for Scorching Dunes

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made a comic strip with the characters of my game.Flor en la cola eng.jpg
Hey, what does it mean in settings, privacy, where it says allow users to: view your identities??????????
I have returned yet again. No reason for my hiatus; just got distracted by video games and stuff. I figured out how to make a bootleg Ys 1 Battle system using in engine scripting (The only plugin enabled is the HUD thing).
Unfortunately I have no idea how to program but-stabbing as a crit without it being even more complicated to program so this is it.

Kickstarter successful!! I'm gonna have a Hot GameDev Summer in the trenches!
Me and my friend got into one of our usual discussions after I reccomended him a game, and I remember the last time we had a discussion like that, he disabled his FA account. This time, I found myself constantly checking my friends account hoping it wouldn't happen again. ...But it didn't.

The thing is... I just can't lie about my feelings, sometimes. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bebeom1