Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Added the 'Large Icon' versions of each weapon (128x128) to the previous post, silly me.

@MetalKing11417 Additional variations with other weapon-types are certainly possible, its something I'll keep in mind if there's some spare time between releases.

@Reizod That's correct, I've since made it a habit to export and compile all my dragonbones animations into SV spritesheets. It does add extra work but I consider keeping the compatibility worthwhile.

Last edited:

Tag365

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if you would be interested to generate some more lore for the Sumo Beetles you made a few years back. I like them and their design.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Neither truly devil nor human, there are beings which exist in the fine line between. With the will of one and the power of the other, their might is believed to exceed the sum of their parts.

But not all devilkin are equal, while some descend from a line of great power others are not so lucky. Strong blood-ties are all that count to their society, for the demonic origins of their kin can only ever be inherited through birth.

But what of those with no prior known lineage, where do they fall in line...

With no traceable demonic origin, can one really be judged so easily. What of the children known as the lesser Devilkin...

static battler
static battler

static battler
static battler

static battler
static battler

And as per request, here's some Sumo Beetle lore
There are many hazards to watch out for whilst adventuring, never knowing in which direction a beast may strike. Whether its by mass of trees block line of sight in all directions, open desserts which drain at ones sense of direction, and caution, or crystal caves where your own mirrored reflections may spook you. For this reason it is favourable to find an open forest clearing, a landmark within the sands or a large cave within the crystals.

But be warned, there are times when a wide open clearly marked space may hold just as dangerous of a threat as any other part of the wilderness.

Which mighty rumps these champions of battle are known to bash down trees, shape the sand and even smash crystal as they form an open space to call 'home'. Rather than hide these dens, they clearly mark their space and the paths which lead, making it easier for visitors to find their way. For the den of the Sumo Beetle is also his arena of battle.

As proud champions they strive for nothing but to best the mightiest of opponents. To them attacking from the rear or blind spot is for naught an act of cowardice. A fair fight is what they seek, and no fight is fairer than a large smooth space devoid of obstacle. What is more, with prominent landmarks and eye-catching patterns alongside hypnotic butt movements, said opponents often find themselves anchored into battle unable to escape despite the way out being as open as when they first arrived.

MonsterMMORPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
Other
I have sent a note regarding usage permission ty

Also are there any chance we could get bigger resolution of static images? I mean do you have them bigger resolution originally ?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Diablos, Beelzebub, Lilith, amongst others they are known as the strongest of devils. Through the spilling of their blood it is said their gave birth to those who would later be known as Devilkin. Each child born to Devilkin inherit through their parents' blood the power of the greater devil in which their line originates. While mixed lines are not unheard of they are looked down upon as impure.

The strongest of these lines was said to be that of Lucifer, the lord of darkness. Holding a power so strong that non but the great lord himself could bear; his 'children' were all but lost, torn asunder by the intoxifying power held within their own blood.

But what if one should survive... Till this day the blood of Lucifer is said to flow as an endless stream in the chance that one day, such a child would be born. A child with no prior bloodline, born straight from the source.

df1i8lv-fef7786e-4c1f-43ab-b8d9-02a0948597f0.gif

And next, the year of the tiger births a new rare breed of slime complete with soft and fluffy coat.

These fuzzballs are known for their friendly disposition and that soft warming touch as they lie atop ones lap. Some of their kind are even skilled mousers, though most tend to just hop around non-threateningly posing little threat to the unwanted rodents.

Ultimately, as long as you keep them fed these bouncy guys are always happy, but make sure not to feed them after midnight.

df1i8m1-7b98a58f-9af2-4e2d-b5d2-b72ef374e905.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mysterious plants which grow long scythed tendrils perhaps in defence against would be predators of the worst kind, herbivores.

Those monstrous beasts, not just do they chew upon and devour plantkind with merciless ambition, they do so whilst their prey still lives on, unable to scream. It is time for the mutiny of plantkind, for they can bear no more.

Any who dare come near shall be sliced apart without hesitation. And in the rare case the attacker manages to pry their weak bodies from the ground, a single shriek at close range will render any blood-bodied being paralysed.

static battler
static battler
static battler
static battler
static battler
static battler

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Among the most dangerous of plants, there are few like the Mandragora. Defensive by nature, they only attack those who tread upon their leaves making them easy to avoid. Or rather that's what you'd think.

Navigating through a forest of thick shrubbery and bushes is never easy, but now imagine that some bushes don't like being trodden upon. One wrong step and all of a sudden three scythed tendrils will rise up surrounding you, poised to strike.

Survival means a dance against three deadly blades swung in menacing rhythm slicing though all but the toughest of armours. The only hope is to slay this foe is to forcefully prise the leafy exterior from the ground and strike at its true and rather fragile body.

But be warned; when exposed the Mandragora is known to let out a paralysing shriek. For this reason many just advise running and hoping you don't step on another.

df37sow-fa87582b-1139-461f-8f3a-a089f05fef34.gif
df37sp1-20a88e24-cafa-4e2c-a7c6-2ed1cfd35054.gif
df37sp4-11010e52-9406-47d2-b187-f5685c7fa138.gif

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've seen people asking if these battlers work with MZ. After some initial testing I figured out that they did, but there were some issues and the battlers would start static, only moving after taking an action or being acted upon. That was a problem I didn't feel like solving at the time, as I was working on other non combat related stuff. But now it's back to combat and and said issue. After a bit of trial and error I figured out what the issue was, without going into too many details that I'm not 100% sure on... how Yanfly handles Dragonbones and how Visustella handles it are slightly different.

"Walk" is "Idle" for MZ, so in order to have the battlers load properly, you need to manually rename ALL the "walk" references in the ske.json to "idle". "Walking" is also in there but I left that untouched. Then in the battler setting, also change walk to idle. For example: Motion Walk: Idle

Everything else can be left the same. Works for me, I would like to believe that it'd work for other MZ users but I can't make any promises. Use at your own risk. Back up your assets before you try. Enjoy!

Uh, to clarify, you're going to need Visustella's Dragonbones plugin for my solution to work and this is specifically for RPG Maker MZ not MV.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dope, truly thankyou.

I've been aware of this issue for some time now but honestly couldn't figure out why it was happening. Theoretically there should've been no reason they wouldn't work as they are the made the exact same way in the exact same program.

Unfortunately I am unable to try my battlers out in MZ and so was never able to personally troubleshoot the problem. I did try contacting Visustella directly but as I can't provide a demo couldn't follow the normal protocols for bug reporting and ultimately received no reply back.

I had guessed I was doing SOMETHING wrong but just didn't know what. So again thankyou @Dope for taking the time to figure this out for me and the community as a whole. Honestly this sounds like a bug in Visustella's code, but at least we now have a solution.

Going forwards I will include an 'Idle' animation in my battlers to enforce compatibility with MZ. As for older battlers, I'll try to get around to it at some point but it'll take time; I do have almost 200 battlers to fix after all.

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowHawkDragon No worries. We're all a community so I'm happy to help when I can. Thank you for making the awesome battlers and sharing them with us!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mighty beings spoken only in legends of old. Sometimes they are told as beings of pure might, much like the embodiment of strength itself. Other times, as savage brutes leaving little behind in their savage wake, devouring even the young.

However, for monsters of such grandeur, very few records of these giants have remained. Many today believe the mighty Colossus as no more than legend, tales told to scare misbehaving kids.

Others believe they either all died off for their lack of smarts or were sealed away, imprisoned by ancient civilisations which fought for their freedom from oppression.

static battler
static battler

And to top things off, some ancient axes imbued with magic stones; believed to have been crafted as sentinels to protect the safety of long begotten lands.

Even today these self-controlled weapons continue to float in guard of crumbling ruins; unawares that those in which they were once created to serve and protect have long since passed away.

df4hy31-eaa5d45b-7d77-4cbe-8193-5d07c939e482.gif

These DB battlers include the duplicate 'Idle' animation.
Can someone please test these in MZ using notetags to replace 'Walk' with 'Idle' to see if this solves the issue regarding battlers starting the battle static.

ian_8819

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!! :D It's awesome!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Rick's Journal - page 1

'They laugh at me, scorn me. They don't believe.

I know what I saw that day atop those fateful snowy cliffs. A gaint man, like a hulking beast, taller than any building.

I can take it no more, I will leave tomorrow, I must prove them all wrong.'

Rick's Journal - Page 12

'I have been on the travel for many days now, been to many places. All who I tell my tale take it as nothing more than a joke. Oh how the joke's on them. I'm nearly there.

Just a bit more and I'll have proof and then, I will be the one to laugh.

Big Foot is real and I shall be the one to prove it.'

Rick's Journal - Page 14

'Today I stand at that fateful mountain's foot.

I feel my boots shaking as I stare towards the sky, the peak far out of sight.

What if I find nothing, what if I was wrong.

Perhaps I was just delirious from the cold and mistook a common monster.

No, don't doubt yourself me, Don't let them win.'

Rick's Journal - Page 18

'Cold, so damn cold.

Lately I have begun to doubt myself more.

Did I really ever make it up these cliffs before, was it truly not a dream?

Were they right to laugh at me so?

That these heights are beyond a mere man such as I?

No, I have been here, I must have. It's all so familiar.'

Rick's Journal - Page 21

'My rations are running low, perhaps it is time I turned back.

Any further and I'll be unable to return.

Then again perhaps that is what I wanted. Ah what am I saying, er writing.

I go one more day, and then I turn back. No point rushing to death's door.'

Rick's Journal - Page 22

'I've done it.

A footprint in the snow, larger than any man, not that of a beast either.

I knew it, I WAS right.

I just need irrefutable proof, his lair, if I find his lair perhaps there be something they can't deny.'

Rick's Journal - Page 24

'A cave in the ice, this is it.

This is no natural cave, its as if a mighty creature carved it out of the very side of the cliffs. Smashing ice and rock alike with giant fists.

The further I step, the more I am sure. Frozen carcasses of mighty beasts. Stones laid out in bizarre patterns, carvings on the walls. Signs of intelligence I'm sure. Signs of something more than man.

I here it now, a heavy breathing.

Yes there he is, so.

So massive, so big. Is that a club?

Its stone, so massive, bigger than myself. Just how big is this beast of a man, just how strong is it. Maybe I shouldn't have come. I'm scared, what if it sees me. I must retreat.

No. I need them to believe me, but how.

A nail, yes. Just the one and I'll have enough to make them listen. But to do that I must go deeper, right up to it, that bloodied nail hanging loosely from its pinky...

I have made up my mind to leave my journal behind, I'll throw it as far down as I can. If I succeed I won't need it anymore.

If not, if not I leave my last words behind. My last testament, my last resort of proof that a monstrous human-like being as large as any dragon lies here.'

Janette's Journal - Page X

'Oh how I have waited for the day my Rick would return from his foolish quest.

If only I'd listened, if only I'd humoured him.

Now all that remains is this journal, found by a brave adventurer at the base of the mountain.

He wrote of finding the beast of taking from it, perhaps he was caught, eaten even. But non of that matters, I just want his story to be believed like how I should have believed in him from the beginning.

I have made up my mind, I will finish what my dear Rick started. And as he did I will record my journey in writing.'

df5cgdt-d793198a-13ae-4081-97b0-669a84b6f0e6.gif
df5c816-016064e8-6b24-4b7b-80d4-4cc749792387.gif

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Angelic overseers; they who govern the lesser angels and act as beacons to religious orders.

They are the ones to give the orders, to conduct sermons, to direct the message of their great lord to the masses. It is not in their way to dirty their own hands. Many even question if they actually have hands to dirty in the first place, not like one can tell with those baggy sleeves.

static battler
static battler
static battler

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice. I'd also like some biblically accurate angels too.

torber2004

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello author
I like your design very much
But my work may be commercialized in the future
So ask again if you agree to my use
I will make a small modification
To match my game settings
Is it acceptable for me to keep your file name like this? ?
Or you have other requirements are also welcome
thanks

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The great faith as it is known is worshipped by many on the continent with sermons, prayers and rituals, all performed and conducted by celestial beings; the children of the great lord.

As angels they watch and guide the people, bringing enlightenment to their lives. Whereas some protect in secret and others smite evil before the public eye, no others are like the 'Principalities'.

They direct and control the other angelic orders from afar whilst maintaining a public figure amongst the people. They are the foci in which all of the divine faith must pass, whether it be the prayers of the people or the blessings of the lord himself.

Some could even say that these beings are the faith in its entirety, for without them there would be no contact with the lord in the heavens.

Never seen to take action themselves, they may be seen as frail leaders to the unbelieving. But be warned; there is a reason all other angels follow their commands without hesitation.

@torber2004
Yes my designs are usable for commercial projects as long as you give me credit.
Edits and file name changes are fine, but do note DragonBones battlers won't work if you change their file names without further editing the .json files.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making a weapon stronger according to the user level!
God, I wish I could afford a big band for my game. Not like... Foo Fighters or whatever. A big brass band. For ridiculous jazzy nonsense ala
Let it be known that I am very forgetful, and I often forget that I was engaged in conversation with people
here (and every other community I'm on). So if I ever stop replying to PMs or comments, please don't take it personally and just send me a reminder to reply XD
Darklord99 wrote on Restart's profile.
Hi I tried to download the fossil plugin but I got a 404 message from github
I'm preparing a video. In the meantime, here's the new-new save point graphic. It's a sundial with an orb that changes color to represent both the time of day and which of the 3 elements are being boosted at the time.
7TOFvy9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdquidley