Shadow and Weapons Help Needed

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Onyxian_Trust, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Onyxian_Trust

Onyxian_Trust Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello.

I am trying to finish up a battle tutorial between my game's main character Ricky and another character called Nobu.

upload_2019-7-15_0-12-40.png

As you can see... Nobu's sprite is higher than his shadow. The weapon he has equipped, a sword also appears in the position of the shadow and not the sprite... such as what shows here:

upload_2019-7-15_0-13-8.png

Please help me fix this. Finally... how do I get this tutorial to even begin during gameplay? Thank you all!

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Do you have any battle plugins?

As for the tutorial, the usual way of doing a tutorial inside battles would be to use the Troop Events system in the troops tab.

3. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You can run the battle from an Event using the "Battle Processing" event command. If you don't know how to do that, I recommend checking out some tutorials on Eventing. You can have an Event that the player needs to walk up and talk to, or you can have an Event that runs automatically ("Autorun" or "Parallel Process" depending on your needs) to have a scene play automatically and start the tutorial.

As far as the Shadows, I think Adiktuzmiko has the right idea: it's probably a plugin doing something weird. Do you have any battle/graphics plugins? If not, please show us the original sprite file you're using for the character in question; if there's an issue with the file's dimensions/white space, this could possibly happen.

4. Onyxian_Trust

Onyxian_Trust Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have Yanfly's Battle Core Plugin and the Sideview Animator plugin. These are the note tags that I have on Nobu:

upload_2019-7-15_19-23-15.png

Attached Files:

5. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Remove the Sideview Anchor tag. :)

Default Y-anchor is 1.0 (i.e. bottom of sprite); 2.4 is way off the bottom, so <Sideview Anchor Y: 2.4> will make the sprite display way above where it should.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.