fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to delete "shadow boxes" in menu? I deleted everything in window graphic, but this shadow boxes still appears... It's in choice windows and in items(inventory).
test.PNG

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaohi: These background rectangles appear in all of RMMZ's selectable windows and their colours do not reference the window skin:
The selectable item background rectangles reference two colours from the ColorManager:
  • itemBackColor1 - upper gradient colour and rectangle border;
  • itemBackColor2 - lower gradient colour.
You can override these colours with a plugin that lets you configure the ColorManager, e.g. VisuStella Core Engine or my own Cae_MenuDisplayOpts~

Alternatively, you can put these methods in a .js file, edit the numbers, and import as a plugin:
JavaScript:
ColorManager.itemBackColor1 = function() {
    return "rgba(32, 32, 32, 0.5)";
};

ColorManager.itemBackColor2 = function() {
    return "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)";
};
If you want it totally transparent, try a value with 0 alpha, e.g. rgba(0,0,0,0).

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antschaz