SHADOW DESTINY

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Phonantiphon, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Phonantiphon

Phonantiphon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    UPDATE:

Farmhouse internals complete, graphically, the following needs to be done for it though:

1. clean up of some of the events, as there are probs a few too many for smoothness - (some are fire and forget so I should erase them)
    2. game progression, Kell meeting her father and the ensuing dialog; moving the plot onwards - initial events in this section are actually relatively simple as it goes. Though I am coming to learn that "simple" is itself a very relative term in this context!! :D

Cellar:

1. Mapping mostly complete for this - (thanks @KanaX for the advice) - but there are a number of events in the cellar area that need defining and managing and I'm working on those including a very stubborn set of events involving custom graphics and cupboard doors which I need to fudge fix.
    2. There's some fairly significant plot development taking place in the cellar and I'm still finalizing the dialog for that at the moment as well.

Other stuff:

1. Morals and Relationship flags, these need to be initialized and implemented
    2. I need to name my key events(!)
    3. The barn needs work as that features fairly heavily in this initial sequence as well.
    4. I also noticed this morning that some of my mouse icons aren't fully transparent where they should be, so they need work - not vital at the moment - but it needs to be noted for the future, as it looks messy more than anything.
    5. There's gonna be a fairly complicated set of choices in the game in terms of what Kell does and doesn't do, for example it's entirely possible to wander completely off piste almost at the very start of the game. Each of these decisions has consequences in regards to what happens to both Kell and the wider world around her, later on - I'm pretty excited about that but it's going to be some work to implement, should be good though.
    6. Moar Maps!! :D

2. Phonantiphon

First Language:
    English
    UPDATE:

1. I've now sorted out changing fonts on the fly so characters and "The Narrator" can have more flexibility, as well as the fact that it breaks up the dialog in heavy scenes, which is never a bad thing.
    2. Still working out details in the cellar area but that's coming together nicely now as well and I should have some in-game screeniez to post up soon.
    3. Starting to implement variables for game-progress, love\hate, morals. Nothing too complicated for the latter two: but Kell's moral state can fluctuate around neutral - (0) - depending upon certain actions that she takes, and that "moral compass" can influence some decisions and\or reactions later in the game.
      Love\hate perform the same function such that she'll refuse to work with someone that she actively dislikes --> hates, and will be more likely to follow decisions and suggestions from someone that she actively likes --> loves.
    4. I have some pictures to do: books and spells that she finds and additionally for flash-forwards\backs.

So plenty to do at the moment, but thus far progress is going fairly well - (allowing for plenty of Bioshock, however!!) :D

07\04\16 - edit:

Added some updated screenshots to the OP, of the cellar and the hidden room as well. Also note that a lot of the screenshots in the OP are now somewhat out of date - (except for the most recent) - the font has changed for one thing, as has the dialog, and some of the lighting...!

I'll be updating the screenshots and also the plot synopsis shortly.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  3. Phonantiphon

First Language:
    English
    UPDATE - 12/04/16:

1. Moving further through the prologue section - some of the main dialog and options completed
    2. Working on the barn interior, which is the last major node in the prologue section
    3. Working on some music - (though this is more long term)
    4. Working on new tilesets using more photographic resources
    • I have more events to place in the maps and I need to be adjusting what's there as some of the events were laid down early on in development and are now either redundant or are in need of modification

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
  4. leon93

leon93 Veteran Veteran

You just got yourself a new follower!

May I ask how do you make the cursor change from the sword to the target name at 4:42 in the video?

5. J_C

J_C Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    He uses a mouse script, which can change the mouse icon if you target an event.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
  6. leon93

leon93 Veteran Veteran

Do you know what is the script that is used?

7. J_C

J_C Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    If I recall correctly, it is this: