xXAinSophAurXx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not sure if this was addressed already but the shadows overlap actors. They seem to exist on a layer above all the sprites and it looks funny. I dont know if its something im doing wrong but it would look MUCH better if they were in the background rather than the fore

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It kinda reminds me of this, which I think is super freakin cool

Naridar

Giver of omnomberries
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
I am not entirely sure what you mean by this.
I mean that if the character's shadow has 3 lives left, it will repeat the character's action 3 times (somewhat how the copies of Paper Mario in the new Mario and Luigi game work)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaliya

// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean that if the character's shadow has 3 lives left, it will repeat the character's action 3 times (somewhat how the copies of Paper Mario in the new Mario and Luigi game works)
I do not intend to  add this, as this is merely a defensive state plugin. It can however be done using Yanflys Action Sequence and "Lunatic Mode" note tags to do a  bit of javascript, to check if the actor has this state, get the amount of shadows left, and then execute the action sequence multiple times.

Naridar

Giver of omnomberries
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Okay, thanks, I'll do that.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I ran into this error when trying to do a forced action with a actor that is not in the battle.

VHxeka0.png

The error doesn't happen when I turn your plugin off. Any idea what might be causing it?

brunovisk2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
this plugin is amazing! Maybe you could make some changes on it and make a summoning plugin like FFX =D

Kaliya

// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ran into this error when trying to do a forced action with a actor that is not in the battle.

The error doesn't happen when I turn your plugin off. Any idea what might be causing it?

Are you losing the latest version? That is version 1.07 by the way.

Edit: I've taken a quick look, and this is an error in 1.07, I've gone ahead and made an update that you can find where you usually download the plugin (new version being 1.08) that should fix this.

this plugin is amazing! Maybe you could make some changes on it and make a summoning plugin like FFX =D

I have no intention of doing that, and as is I really don't have the time to even support my current plugins anymore. I've been very busy lately. Sorry.

Sums

Musician and Writer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Great plugin, I already implemented this!

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to make an "offensive shadow", what I mean with this is, make it so the shadow doubles your attacks (example: you have a double slash attack, the shadow makes it possible to be four slashes), maybe with a damage ratio so the shadow doesn't do as much damage as the actor.

Thanks! :)  

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've noticed a small issue that with yanfly action sequences when you hide a character via a tag like     opacity not focus: 0, 20  for a action sequence shadows remain visible while the actor vanishes which looks kinda silly for say a summon animation or when other party members vanish but their shadows remain for action sequences. Other then that love the script so far. Also I suggest adding a sound effect parameter for when a shadow gets hit and removed.

Moo :D

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This plugin looks like a life saver thank you!! Is there anyway you can check the link though? The site seems broken :/

Kaliya

// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moo :D

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
thank you so much!!! so quick too! xD

Arkaik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Liquidize!

I don't know if you still doing things with this plugin, but i have a suggestion:

What if you make the shadows more useful by increasing damage, applying states, or even being used in skills which consume one (or more) stacks of shadows to be used?

It's just a suggestion, but i'd love to see it.

Thanks for share such amazing work! :D

juances19

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
What if you make the shadows more useful by increasing damage, applying states, or even being used in skills which consume one (or more) stacks of shadows to be used?

You can do all of that with traits on the state that applies the shadow partner itself.
And to "consume" a shadow, on the skill you use  <State x Turns: -y> from Yanfly's Buff & States Core to reduce the amount of turns from the state?

Worth giving it a shot. Haven't tried yet. Can't download the plugin, site is down? :(

SuperMasterSword

That Guy You Dont Know
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arkaik or you could use the Custom Requirement, Custom Cost and Custom Cost Text Skill Core Lunatic notetags

jordanblake

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the link is down,please fix the link :c

edit: nvm i found the link up thanks for the aswesome plugin :D

PurpleXCompleX

Moon Rabbit
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This Plugin might be something that i would find really useful for my project

A suggestion from my side, I would need the option to be able to use a different Battler graphic instead,

kind of like summoning the Shadow/Ghost of someone else. (if possible)

Nonetheless, you did a great work making this Plugin.

Geomatics

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This an awesome plugin but I have a few questions as I'm having trouble getting it to work the way I want... I'm using a skill to activate the shadow partner state. For the state itself I'm using...

<Shadow Partner>

Tint: #555555

Type: all

Elements: 1

Hits: 3

Persist: false

</Shadow Partner>

My intention is that when the shadow count hits 0, the shadow partner graphic disappears AND/OR when the battle comes to an end the state should be removed and the shadow partner disappears . When the next battle starts there should be no graphic and the skill must be reused to activate the shadow partner. I have two conditions for removing the state, either it wears off at 0 hits or the battle ends. Right now the shadow persists for the entire battle even when hits reaches 0, and when the battle ends and I get into the next the shadow partner graphic is still active with 0 hits. I've been trying for the life of me to figure out how to get this to work and so far have had no success. If you need more details I can elaborate further but for now this is my situation.

Skerxan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
If you ever work it out Geomatics can you please share your solution?

Also the download link in the OP is broken.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.
Can house furniture be used as a weapon?
Took our dogs on a walk and someone asked if our smallest one was a gueanie pig ((however it's spelt))
I decided to create reboots of my games on RPG Maker MV. I'm happy. :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theinfluence