RMMV ShadowDragon_EC

Can this be usefull in any game using currency?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PluginName: ShadowDragon_EC (EasyCurrency)
Author: ShadowDragon

TERMS OF USE:
Credit ShadowDragon & YoraeSante (for fixing suffix problem).
TSR, The Northen Frog for YEP_X_MoreCurrency compability and shop item prices,
Credits to Burning Orca is optional, but appreciated.
You are allowed to use it in Non-commercial and commercial games when credits are given.
You may edit the plugin, but NOT redistribute the plugin, but link back to this thread.

All suggestions are welcome.

Version: 0.4.1

Description:
Gold in game is as follows:
1000, 10000, 100000, 100000000 up to 99999999.

when you added YEP_CoreEngine you would see the following:
1,000 , 10,000 , 1,000,000,000 up to 1,000,000,000,000,000

if you add this plugin you would see this:
1k, 10k, 100k, 1M, 10M, 100M, 1B, 10B, 100B, 1T, 10T, 100T, 1Q, 10Q, 100Q up to 999Q.
1,000,000,000,000,000 would give NaN error. while if you go over 1Q, YEP_EngineCore give the text "A Lot"

You can customize the Thousand (K), Million (M), Billion (B), Trillion (T) and Quadrillion (Q) to any letter
in the way you like.

For Example K, Mil, Bil, Tril, Quadr or use fantasy names Like 1000 = 1Gem, 1000000 = 1Dya.

By Burning Orca, for better compability to YEP_ShopMenuCore, YEP_X_MoreCurrencies
and his plugin BO_CustomShops / BO_CustomShopsXL.

NOTE:
If you use BO_CustomShopsXL, redownload XL version for compability of this plugin!
Place above BO_CustomShops(XL) and below YEP_ShopMenuCore, MoreCurrencies.

History:
19-02-2020 first release
28-03-2020 fixed period between large numbers, now show 1.000 10.000
"comma" changed to "period"
Plugin Named changed to ShadowDragon_EC (EC for Easy Currency).
might update "help" section if needed (will update without notification)
20-08-2020 fixes shop item prices and YEP_X_MoreCurrency compability
29-08-2020 Better shops compability to Yanfly and Burning Orca SHops (by Burning Orca)
05-12-2020 Removed "White Space" when using YEP_X_MoreCurrencies plugin (by TSR)

Screenshot:
EC.png

There is no Demo.

Changelog:
Version 0.1.0 (version release)
Version 0.2.0 - 0.3.0 bugfixes + compability to YEP_ShopMenuCore, YEP_X_MoreCurrencies
Version 0.4.0 Better compability to YEP_ShopMenuCore and BO_CustomShops(XL).
Version 0.4.1 White Space fix between gold and another currency (from YEP_X_MultiCurrencies)

Attachments

Last edited:

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, when I use this, shops don't display the correct currency after 1k.

It goes to NaNk, NaNM and so on.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova I didn't test it fully in shops yet, it also gives a NaN when max of gold,
this was fixed when you installed YEP_EngineCore, I will check the shop issue for you.

EDIT:
it seems it works corectly on my end unless you different shops plugins:
shopgold.png

if you use more shop plugins, did you try to move it above those or below?
if both gets NaNK, NaNM etc, can you link to the shop plugin you have issues with?

Last edited:

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova I didn't test it fully in shops yet, it also gives a NaN when max of gold,
this was fixed when you installed YEP_EngineCore, I will check the shop issue for you.

EDIT:
it seems it works corectly on my end unless you different shops plugins:
View attachment 155435

if you use more shop plugins, did you try to move it above those or below?
if both gets NaNK, NaNM etc, can you link to the shop plugin you have issues with?
This is actually what I mean:

If the shop sells something 1k or over, it NaN's out.

Putting the plugin on top makes it get overwritten. (shows 10,00 Gold instead of 10k Gold)

Putting it all the way to the bottom (It was under all Yanfly plugins, but not at the very bottom before) doesn't change anything.

Thank you for looking into this. :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova it's not the more currency plugin I think, but it does shop_buy part, I need
to study how to deal with it, but will notice you once I figure it out (as Yanfly did it)
I need to alias the price there too while the normal doesn't take it as well. just the
gold window, I come back to you when I got time to deal with.

I hope you have some patience =)

@Jenova sorry for the long wait, TSR helped me to fix the problem, also it has compability
with YEP_X_MoreCurrency in it, please redownload and see if it resolve your issue as well.

Last edited:

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova it's not the more currency plugin I think, but it does shop_buy part, I need
to study how to deal with it, but will notice you once I figure it out (as Yanfly did it)
I need to alias the price there too while the normal doesn't take it as well. just the
gold window, I come back to you when I got time to deal with.

I hope you have some patience =)

@Jenova sorry for the long wait, TSR helped me to fix the problem, also it has compability
with YEP_X_MoreCurrency in it, please redownload and see if it resolve your issue as well.
Yap. It works. Had to rearrange it to be right underneath Yanflys Core Engine. Funny thing, actually, is that now all dialog is centered, unless i start a new game. Not a big deal tbh.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It only target the currency and shopbuy, should work below shops, not sure why it should
be above X_MoreCurrencies though.

Good luck with your project.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tested this in a test project having a lot of different Shop Plugins installed:
Doesn't matter whether I put this below or above BO_CustomShops (would still recommend above), if the value that should be displayed is my "Sold Out Text" it will display NaN. Don't know if you can somehow fix this. I guess this is my fault for not passing only numbers to the drawing functions of Window_ShopBuy.

BO_CustomShopXL has it's own drawing function.
If your plugin is put below it, some information I draw in this functions will not be drawn, but the numbers are correctly formatted into 1K, 1M etc, but Switch "On/Off" or "Sold Out" are also displayed as NaN.
If I put your plugin above mine my information is correctly drawn, but the numbers are not formatted into 1K, 1M etc. If you allow it I can do a small compatiblity fix by adding the following five lines to XL's drawing function:

Code:
if( Imported["ShadowDragon EC"] )
{
    value = window.stringToNumber(value);
    value = window.EasyCurrency(value);
}
In this case EasyCurrency must definitely be placed above XL.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tested this in a test project having a lot of different Shop Plugins installed:
Doesn't matter whether I put this below or above BO_CustomShops (would still recommend above), if the value that should be displayed is my "Sold Out Text" it will display NaN. Don't know if you can somehow fix this. I guess this is my fault for not passing only numbers to the drawing functions of Window_ShopBuy.

BO_CustomShopXL has it's own drawing function.
If your plugin is put below it, some information I draw in this functions will not be drawn, but the numbers are correctly formatted into 1K, 1M etc, but Switch "On/Off" or "Sold Out" are also displayed as NaN.
If I put your plugin above mine my information is correctly drawn, but the numbers are not formatted into 1K, 1M etc. If you allow it I can do a small compatiblity fix by adding the following five lines to XL's drawing function:

Code:
if( Imported["ShadowDragon EC"] )
{
    value = window.stringToNumber(value);
    value = window.EasyCurrency(value);
}
In this case EasyCurrency must definitely be placed above XL.
Basically the same issue i had, but with other shop plugins

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't got it, but already recieved a compability from Burning Orca, but I still have troubles
with BO_CustomShopsXL, wth 4 shops ON.

without XL it works, but I upload it when functional with BO_CustomShops and BO_CustomShopsXL.
within a few days,

if not using BO_CustomShops(XL), you dont have to redownoad it, but it has some minor edits.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
file updated, for working with BO_CustomShops, redownload if you use it, also redownload
BO_CustomShopsXL if you use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS