CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,

I've had a bit of a problem with this for a while now, and haven't found a solution. I need a way to shake the screen during a battle animation. I know that I can Macgyver a sort of solution by using common events to shake the screen in-between or after animations have played, but I need a way to shake the screen *simultaneously with* an animation. It seems like there's no effective way to do so.

I've looked for plugins, but all I've found is Yanfly's Action Sequence Pack - which I can't use because it requires the YEP Battle Engine Core (which breaks my own custom battle system).

So does anyone know of a way to pull this off? Or a plugin that can make it work? I'd sincerely appreciate the help =)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a friendly post-72 hour bump! I don't imagine there's an answer, but it would be sincerely appreciated if anyone has a good solution =)

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One more time, with feeling! Bump =)

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure anyone's going to be able to help since you're using your own custom battle system. You've already pointed out the easiest way with Yanfly's Action Sequence packs and battle engine core, but since that breaks your game. You'll need a way to run a JavaScript eval $gameScreen.startShake(power, speed, duration); when you call your animation or skill.

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much for the reply @OnslaughtSupply! I didn't really think that the custom battle system should matter - beyond Yanfly's plugin - as it all comes down to manipulating MV's in-built animation system.

I really appreciate the JavaScript code (definitely seems like that would be part of the puzzle)! But the problem is that there's no way to make the screen shake simultaneously *with* the animation, let alone at certain times. If I call startShake before the animation plays, the screen will shake and *then* the animation plays. And if I call it afterwards, the animation plays, and then after that's done the screen will shake. Actually making the two happen simultaneously doesn't seem to be possible in this way - at least, in the base engine.

So it's just a matter of if there are any other plugins out there that can create the effect I want. If not, then I'll commission it; but I wanted to investigate any other options first as it seems like a fairly basic thing on the surface.

Thanks again for the help!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV