"Shakespearean" dialogue.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I love Shakespeare, and I love the language from his era. If it's used properly, I think it can add a really lovely layer of depth to the narrative of a game.

However, more often than not, it's used incorrectly and the end result is just florid linguistic mush.

Adon

ADONKADONK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most Shakespearean dialogue is convoluted to the average person and restricts the potential audience of your game to a much more specific demographic. Not only are English AFL people reluctant to read this sort of thing, English ASL people may find it much more difficult to comprehend outside of the literary references it may have. Honestly, it doesn't add much more to the game than regular dialogue. Clear and concise is always great, especially in videogames. I'm not opposed to crafty vocabulary, but truly Shakespearan dialogue would be a wreck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After 2 years of writing, planning and outlining I finally finished the first draft of my first book in its entirety! I'll admit I got a little lazy with some of the word and description on those last 10 pages but that what 2and and 3rd drafts are forrrr, now after 20 hours of no sleep imma nap for 2 hours before my kid wakes me up to try and play.
Think of the potential now that picking up object is possible!
My first Video Scene - Kraken Art By @whtdragon -

Still needs work but its a start.
Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ndieminstitute05