Shards (Icons) for Galv's Magic Shards Plugin (2200+)

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
黑暗 does mean dark/darkness, but 黑 by it self just means black

Looking at these orbs makes me want to make some myself.. might give these a go later

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Once again, its a different symbol...  and  are similar but not the same... unless that site is completely wrong.

EDIT: errr seems the links aren't working right... anyway, If you go to that site and search "dark" then you should see both characters there, the 1st one above is listed as black/dark/evil the 2nd is just black/dark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Take it easy  ;) I meant no disrespect

I am just letting you know as someone who speaks/reads Chinese for a good amount of his life. The definition provided by that site for dark is questionable. You're better off with cambridge dictionary, unfortunately it might take non-chinese speaker a bit of effort..

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english-chinese-traditional/dark_1

Anyways, keep up the good work with the orbs.. quite a collection you got there

Peace  ;)

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Take it easy  ;) I meant no disrespect

I am just letting you know as someone who speaks/reads Chinese for a good amount of his life. The definition provided by that site for dark is questionable. You're better off with cambridge dictionary, unfortunately it might non-chinese speaker a bit of effort..

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english-chinese-traditional/dark_1

Anyways, keep up the good work with the orbs.. quite a collection you got there

Peace  ;)
Ah... I saw it on a few different sites so I assumed it was legit. Thanks for the clarification. And I didn't think you were being disrespectful :p

Anyway... 500 more icons added!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A0nLc2s.png[/IMG]
Think that's me done with icons for today... more will come another day!

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
gXhSzL0.png
This is a lot of work and looks great. :)

Would you be willing to possibly tweak the chinese symbols though? The dark purple might need a white text symbol... it's a little hard to read.

Also, would you consider swapping the purple symbol (Thunder) and the yellow symbol (Wind)? Just personal, but in most RPG games I've associated yellow with lightning/thunder.

I don't see a metal element either would you consider making this?

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is a lot of work and looks great. :)

Would you be willing to possibly tweak the chinese symbols though? The dark purple might need a white text symbol... it's a little hard to read.

Also, would you consider swapping the purple symbol (Thunder) and the yellow symbol (Wind)? Just personal, but in most RPG games I've associated yellow with lightning/thunder.

I don't see a metal element either would you consider making this?
As requested :) Just decided to make one set white and the other black... looks silly for some of the colors but both could work for some of the others. And I added the Metal element as well.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lndBNdK.png[/IMG]

Feel free to hit me back with more requests... Orbs and Squares alike... thinking about branching out into item icons as well...

Over 2200 icons and still going :D

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey these are great, what's the term of use on these?

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Awesome thanks didn't see that, love these not sure if I'll be able to find a place for them in my game yet but I'm gonna try just cause they look awesome.

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome thanks didn't see that, love these not sure if I'll be able to find a place for them in my game yet but I'm gonna try just cause they look awesome.
well... if you have any requests for a specific set of icons, I'll see what I can do :)

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Alrighty thanks, love your icons they're really good.

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Soryn, love the icons and thanks for the hard work. I see you are up for requests and  was wondering if you be up to making these icons with just the symbols and no backgrounds (not all of them just one of each symbol). I think they would work well with Yanfly's Event Mini Label plugin.

A0nLc2s.png

EXM9Nlo.png

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Soryn, love the icons and thanks for the hard work. I see you are up for requests and  was wondering if you be up to making these icons with just the symbols and no backgrounds (not all of them just one of each symbol). I think they would work well with Yanfly's Event Mini Label plugin.
Not a problem. Rather than just remove the background, I'll size all the icons so they fit the 32x32 grid rather than leaving them smaller which was to leave space for the background. Might take a couple days until I have time to do it though. You can most likely expect them this weekend.

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sweet! Thanks and please take your time there is no hurry on this end. Gonna be a while before I something to release to the public.

Darmok0

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Nicely done. Thank you for your hard work.

I'm envisioning quite a few summons being added to my project now.

Good job.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake_Combe