Shards of Eryia

Krees9116

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
So, hello guys! After a short thinking period, and a suggestion, I've decided to make a topic for my IGMC2015 submission, Shards of Eryia. Here it is!  :)

A few words about me:
Hello again, everyone. Please let me tell you a few words about me as an introduction. I'm Krees9116, a 24 yo guy who lives in Hungary. As you can see, my primary language is hungarian, so sorry for the mistakes. I'm series, metal ( not the bloody one ), and fantasy addict since my childhood. Others say, I'm a designer, but to be honest, I'm just like to drawing and designing things, especially for mobile devices. Game, or app, doesn't matter, I like to do it. Currently working on 2 other projects as work, and I'd like to continue Shards of Eryia as a hobby project.

If you want, you can contact me on Google+ ( primary ) or on Twitter

(No, guys! I don't use Fb.)

IGMC Page, and Download link
Okay, so let's talk about the game. This is why you are here, right?

There are 3 games, that I really like. Pokemon, Final Fantasy and Trading Card Games. So I'd like to create something, that mix elements from these games. This is the game in a few words. Grow your collection of Eryians, and defeat your enemies.

And now, brace yourself! Copy-paste is coming!

Eyria, a popular real-time fantasy, tactical-strategy card game, played by all ages, that has taken the Earth and it's citizens by storm. You play as a custom character of your choice who will be introduced to the world of Eyria, but is it really just a card game...? Learn tips and tricks about Eyria and become a card-game master. Battle many opponents in three different visually-stunning locations. Collect a variety of Eryia cards from foes or purchase them from stores and summon allied monsters to aid you in battle against the enemy. Engage in fights with an iconic, captivating and challenging battle system. Explore the vast areas and battle foes and find hidden treasures. Encounter friends who will help you learn more about Eyria and continue with you on your journey. Meet fascinating characters and find out more about the interesting story: a terrible cataclysm that plans to destroy all of existence and four heroes who rise to right the wrongs. Sent on a journey, with blessings from a goddess, you and your friends must find the four Shards throughout the world before the apocalypse approaches. Can these individuals save the future?

(Important Note:

• This game has quite the challenging combat. Depending on win or lose conditions, you will most likely lose cards. It is wise to save often to not lose a specific card you favor.
  • At the beginning of the game, you will be required to buy a set of cards for a deck. Due to given funds, it is not advised to buy the most expensive cards first. At the moment it is wise to buy the cheapest cards, but do not worry, as you excel in battles, you will receive significantly better cards.)
  • After your friend, Reg, leaves the party for the first time and you're free to wander the city, go to your home. The screen will fade to black and fade to normal. What actually happened is that now it's a new day, and a new event has unlocked.
  • The "X" button on the keyboard is used to save. You'll unlock it after you purchase your first deck of cards.
Screenshots

My entry page is here:​
IGMC2015 Page

And you can download the latest version from here:​
 ​
Please don't forget to comment, like ( if you like it ) tweet, and other promotional things, that the others use, but I don't care.

Why here?

The first chapter looks completed, but I have a lot of ideas, how to implement more content, and of course more chapters into the game. First, I'd like to hear, what do You think about it. Also this is the greatest RM forum with the greatest makers, so I can't imagine better place for my game.

Thanks for reading this topic. Here is a great muffin recipe as a gift: The best ever muffins:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This game, Shards of Eryia, is one of the most fun and challenging games I've ever played! The story and lore behind this game is really interesting and fascinating! The card battle system implemented in this game is very brilliant, iconic and challenging and has a lot of replay ability (no battle is ever repetitive or has the same outcome)! The music soundtrack chosen really compliments the game as well! (The music for boss battles is really epic and brings out the intensity in the battles!) The mapping is pretty well done and detailed in every area! I enjoyed this game from beginning to end! I can't wait for more! I definitely recommend you to try this game!

- Tornado Samurai, A Samurai of Storms

Ungulant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That whole mechanical concept here is awesome. The abstract challenge of the cards is very chess-like in that you're constantly thinking about the opponent's next move. I love that.

If there's a place where all of the special rules are defined, I'm missing it. I wish that was more readily available. It's difficult when you start a mission and then you see that the "combo" rule is set to on but you have no idea what that means. Maybe it could be in the codex somehow?

The story is interesting, but I think I felt like I needed to feel more urgency at the top of the game. You don't have any other indication as to what the story will be except that maybe, eventually, you should try to beat the bully.

Those bits of feedback aside, I will continue playing this game. The mechanics make it worth it.

Krees9116

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your reply, I'm glad, you like the mechanics :)

About the rules: Not yet =/ I'd like to put some scrolls/books etc, to the final game, where you can read more about Eryians and the rules.

In this state, here is a link, where you can found all rules of Triple Triad ( Eryia in here ): http://ttadvance.ca/gamerules.php

Where you are in the game?

Ungulant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right now I'm still in the first town trying to win as many cards as I can before I face Rob.

Krees9116

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Oh, I see. This is, why the real stroy isn't started :) You need to beat Rod, and Lyda, then the real story will start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikenwyngx