Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Who wants to talk about what theyre learning about?

I myself am studying electricity but with all the recent free time Ive been dabbling with cooking. Ive made a few soups a vinagrette some lemon curd and gotten closer to easy homemade burgers. (The trick seems to be minimal handling)

How about you guys

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've learned that I visited G.W.'s Exotic Animal Park before Joe Exotic tried hiring a hitman to knock off his rival and a member of PETA.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've taken all the terror in the world as inspiration to expand my garden beyond the simple herb and spice garden I've been growing for a couple of years previously. I'm at the beginning stages of experimenting with the Ruth Stout method of gardening, whereby rather than bury your seed plants and dig them up once matured you clear the plots, spread mulch such as hay liberally around the area and let your seed plants sprout out of the hay/mulch pit itself. I've got about 15 pounds of seed potatoes and a few onions rooting in a bucket while I wait for the mulch to decompose enough to support growth. Been having a lot of fun with it, not sure if it'll work out as well as the people on the youtube vids claim but the appeal of growing simple crops without any tilling and the like appeals to me, certainly enough to at least give it a try.

Here's the channel I've been watching and following in case anyone's curious about the details.

Though I think I'll still water mine.

Philosophus Vagus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to say that I've learned people's default setting is jaded and they tend to want to corrupt even the most optimistic of conversations into doom and gloom but I already knew that. Seriously, can we keep the misery and helplessness out of the threads that are clearly deliberately posted as a good-faith attempt to counter-balance just that?

"People can't help themselves. At all." a more obvious example of a self-fulfilled prophesy I don't know. There are enough threads for the general worldwide malaise we are facing already, why not leave this one alone? Or use it as inspiration to learn something productive yourself maybe, it certainly feels better than wallowing on the internet for the umpteenth day of global quarantine.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to say that I've learned people's default setting is jaded and they tend to want to corrupt even the most optimistic of conversations into doom and gloom but I already knew that. Seriously, can we keep the misery and helplessness out of the threads that are clearly deliberately posted as a good-faith attempt to counter-balance just that?

"People can't help themselves. At all." a more obvious example of a self-fulfilled prophesy I don't know. There are enough threads for the general worldwide malaise we are facing already, why not leave this one alone? Or use it as inspiration to learn something productive yourself maybe, it certainly feels better than wallowing on the internet for the umpteenth day of global quarantine.
Ill report myself. Thanks for the heads up.

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Learning about motorized actuators and learning to do digital art (badly).

LVGames

Welcome to Sword Swinging Super Slashers®
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I learn to make Effect Animations and I'm sharing the new skill here making them RPG Maker Ready to be put in your game and be used instantly. Enjoy and if you ideas leave a comment on a new skill you like to see.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've taken all the terror in the world as inspiration to expand my garden beyond the simple herb and spice garden I've been growing for a couple of years previously. I'm at the beginning stages of experimenting with the Ruth Stout method of gardening, whereby rather than bury your seed plants and dig them up once matured you clear the plots, spread mulch such as hay liberally around the area and let your seed plants sprout out of the hay/mulch pit itself. I've got about 15 pounds of seed potatoes and a few onions rooting in a bucket while I wait for the mulch to decompose enough to support growth. Been having a lot of fun with it, not sure if it'll work out as well as the people on the youtube vids claim but the appeal of growing simple crops without any tilling and the like appeals to me, certainly enough to at least give it a try.

Here's the channel I've been watching and following in case anyone's curious about the details.

Though I think I'll still water mine.
Looks fantastic id bet grass clippings could decompose enough to supress weeds.. will be trying this method at least to generate compost and clear land for gardening.

Philosophus Vagus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Grass clipping, hay, leaves, I'm throwing more or less all my yard waste on top. The hay is just to get it started, once its decomposed enough and I plant my seed potatoes in there I'll add a bit more rich fertilizer in there as well. It seems to hold up so far, I've got a couple weeks going and the cleared land underneath the compost pile is not sprouting back at all that I can tell.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm always learning more about cooking and food. I love both. And with the whole not going out to restaurants thing I'm doing a lot more cooking in general.

I'm trying to learn to make onigirazu right now. which in and of itself is not hard, its just getting proportions right and making good rice.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm always learning more about cooking and food. I love both. And with the whole not going out to restaurants thing I'm doing a lot more cooking in general.

I'm trying to learn to make onigirazu right now. which in and of itself is not hard, its just getting proportions right and making good rice.
Had to google that, looks tasty. Made sushi for my wife while she was pregnant (zero raw) so i have a bit with sushi rice.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly at this point, the challenge in learning how to make it has been buying the proper rice. Or any rice at all. Seriously every store is like sold out of all rice.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
saw a big bag of sushi rice at HeB but the rest of the aisle was empty.

Its gotta be that short grain rice and you gotta rinse it really well to make it stick right

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I've done sushi rice before, but it's been a while. When we got groceries this morning there was literally no rice at all. Asian grocery store wasn't open today though, so maybe tomorrow I can find some.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not in a practical field, but hey.

DilidKuDufan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Somali
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Things I learn are often short-termed focus but I do take a healthy dose of it all in subconsciously. It's sometimes not so easy to work out the details when it's all in together but somehow everything discovered all fits. It's all tiresome but the reward is an effort worthwhile in the means.
I'm basically a student of life. (Jack of all trades, inspiring walking encyclopedia, kind of deal)

I research into almost nearly everything and anything if it catches my eye in the nick of time.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the Quarantine, I've learned that yep, my kid's school really doesn't know what to do either. Apparently, posting a curriculum of what the kids need to know for their grade is just too darn hard.

Other then that, I'm back to studying javascript as well as trying to redevelop my French skills. Still practicing art and different styles but been mostly working on some commissions.

LaFlibuste

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm into tabletop RPGs myself, been using the extra time to finally read Burning Wheel. It's like 600 pages of rules and lists, plus another 600 pages codex on top of it. Not sure if I'll play such a complex system some day but it is inspiring.

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I learned moving platform jumping with events only!!!

...and also the human mind from doing a Vsauce marathon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivanpuvko