robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mild schizophrenia. I don't hallucinate, I just have thoughts I can't control. Honestly I like it, a lot of brilliant stuff comes out of it.

Also Anxiety, Schizoid and mild OCD.

And most notably I have pretty severe PTSD. It messes me up.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this kind of thing really bring comfort to others? I don't see how but if misery is less miserable knowing it has company than so be it.

I have had Aspergers all my life, which lead to severe social anxieties which in turn feeds into depression (though I think most everybody deals with depression and look at it more as part of the human condition at this point in my life than I do an illness). I had to leave school at thirteen because I couldn't deal with people and ended up becoming agoraphobic, though thanks to a combination of a house fire when I was 18 and a good friend introducing me to my love of the outdoors shortly after that is no longer a problem for me, now it's just a fear of crowds of people (not sure on technical term for that) rather than fear of leaving the house. My therapist says I also have PTSD from...an incident when I was 22, but I don't know that I believe her, as I don't see any difference between how I felt before and after said incident, though at times I wonder if that is itself a problem.

Anyway, if knowing other people have problems somehow helps them with theirs I'm all for helping. We all pretty much do, the most charismatic and upbeat guy I've ever known, who I envied for years, I later found out was only that way as a side effect of all the cocaine he was constantly snorting to forget how miserable he always felt. Appearances are deceiving, even the most well adjusted of us on the outside are often quite ****ed up when you get past the facade we front for the world around us.

Last edited:

VertigoAffliction

I can still play these older games like a champ.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ESL (English)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well...

I'm going to list every single diagnosis that I remember off the top of my head.

Asperger's Syndrome
Autism Spectrum
Bi-Polar
Manic Depression
Münchhausen Syndrome
Schizophrenia
Schizo-Affective Disorder
ADD
ADHD

Cerebral Palsy
Spinal Stenosis
Dyslexia

Dyscalculia

Those are the ones I remember without grabbing my medical files. The ones I have in green text are true, the yellow ones are garbage. The one in purple applies for complex written formulas.
My cerebral palsy is not responsible for my deafness; that remains undiagnosed and I don't have the means to travel to Norway or Sweden to get a thorough evaluation (not to mention my insurance would likely not cover it).
Yes, I have been prescribed opioids like Ritalin in the past; I rarely took the medication because it was unaffordable thanks to political parasites that mess with our lives without our permission.
Note: I'm well aware of the rules on politics but there's no other way to explain it without speaking of them idiots.
Of course, I also know better than to take 'medicines' that cause more harm than good nowadays.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I have too many, even if it might be a defense mechanism or helping to specialize in society, as I age it gets worst and almost is unmannageable. (Still, reality is as dark to cause me lot of traumas in a limited time.)

VertigoAffliction

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ESL (English)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just remembered these as well:

Narcissus Entitlement Syndrome (that's the nickname for it-I don't remember the actual name)
Aphantasia (I can visualize things in my mind but sometimes the visual image distorts-this is an autism thing)
Gender Dysphoria (yeah...that doctor was a complete quack)
Bulimia (inaccurate diagnosis but requires a bit more explaining)
Extrasensory Syndrome (the ONLY diagnosis that quack got right)
G-Force Vertigo (requires more explanation)

Again, color coded. Yellow means garbage, green means accurate. Purple means inaccurate but not far off, Blue Capital letters indicate the same doctor diagnosed these.

Explaining the first one: I'm not even sure how it works; I was seven when I was diagnosed but it has to do with being the first to be recognized for anything, especially for superficial things like my hair, face, and so on.

Gender Dysphoria: I used to hate dresses and feminine things, and puberty was not starting when I was diagnosed at the age of eight, close to nine. However, I only 'hated' these things that I had because my mother mis-laundered the majority of my feminine garments, making them uncomfortable, itchy, and so on, but my doctor wouldn't listen to me, just my mother. Yeah...

Bulimia: No, I've never purged, at least, not on purpose. In fact, more often than not, it would happen without me doing anything or through an involuntary action like coughing or sneezing.

Extrasensory Syndrome: Imagine being so sensitive to the touch, that wearing even a cotton gown can be unbearable, but only for a short time. That's me in a nutshell, and my tongue was a huge time victim of this, so much so that the slightest touch by a utensil, or liquid, or even a vibration caused by coughing or sneezing would cause me to wretch. Hell, even licking my fingers after eating a chocolate bar could do it.

G-Force Vertigo: This is an odd condition, mainly because it can mimic the effects of vertigo, but it really isn't. Basically, if I am in a fast moving vehicle, yes, like my boyfriend's Viper, for a certain time range, I'll lose my equilibrium for a bit once the vehicle has stopped. However, there are times when I won't be affected at all, and oddly enough, wearing sunglasses helps a great deal.

Things like stop and go traffic don't seem to trigger the symptoms, but a twenty minute ride at 45+ mph is almost a guarantee trigger. However, anything longer than an hour, and the likelihood drops significantly.

Cure? Just let me sit in the car, looking down at my feet for about five minutes or so, bracing myself against whatever I can, until I feel I can stand. Of course, if I am going straight to my wheelchair, just don't move me quickly for that time.
If I'm driving, and something happens to where I have to pull over (if by a cop for example), I have this little badge I wear on my wrist that I have to show them that I have a medical condition that doesn't allow me to respond right away. There's a number to call if they don't understand what it means as well. Usually, my G-Force Vertigo doesn't trigger when I'm driving, but it can on occasion. It usually happens when I am a passenger and therefore have less to concentrate on/worry about.

Oh, that leads to another thing. I often will not hear police sirens due to my deafness, but I will hear a car/truck horn, especially if it is a unique sounding horn. I have a special tag that lets people know of this.

Devselia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh this is an interesting thread. I have clinical depression, and severe social anxiety. There's been more but went away over time. Social phobia used to be only an irl problem for me, but it claimed my online life as of late. I've actually made an account here partly to combat my fears of talking to people (today's day 1 of doing that :kaocry: ). Everyone here seems so sweet so far, I'm starting to feel a little less nervous as a result ^^

(I think I stared at my own post for 30 min and now I'm gonna press enter :kaosalute: I know this seems unnecessary to write, but that 30 min is me and my anxiety in a pro wrestling boxing match. I won this time)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my case there is still the question what is causing it, and it's currently considered a psychic problem because all tries to find an organic cause have failed so far.
Basically I'm exhausted and loose concentration extremely fast, sometimes resulting in less than an hour a day where I can really do something (and that includes time to go shopping for food). Sometimes I can keep concentration for up to four hours, but that usually means that I'll need a complete day or two to recover from that.

Devselia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marquise* Thank you for the hug * hugs back * :kaocry:

I want to also add that I read everyone's post here, and my heart goes out to all of you. You're all strong for making it this far and stronger for continuing/fighting that struggle. You're all obviously very creative individuals and I hope everyone's successful with their projects and work too:kaoluv: I know I'm super new here and don't know anyone very well but if anyone needs to talk to someone, I'll still be there. Hope that didn't sound too corny, but I do mean what I say .u.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi @Devselia and welcome. Glad you won the reply-duel today ^_^.

I feel like that about posting sometimes. It used to be much more difficult (I'd open accounts online and never use them, ruminated over my replies to emails so long that the longer ones took hours before I could press send... or before I erased them instead of sending them).
I believe by trying such things and getting good experiences from it (or neutral experiences) the fears of the "worst case scenarios" diminish significantly. Hugs and good luck. And you come off as a sweet and genuine person. Hopefully you'll have fun on these forums. :LZYcat: cheeers...

VertigoAffliction

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ESL (English)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's some of the diagnoses my mother had listed that she thought I had...

OCD
Tourette's
Symphonic Dysperia (I've looked it up and found nothing - what the Hell, mom...)
Frontal Lobe ******** (my mother's handwriting is illegible at times and the last word written on this item is eight illegible letters long)
ADHD (That got thrown around a lot before I turned twelve)
'A disorder that I don't remember but explains my daughter's constant hair chewing'
(I've never chewed my hair, but as long as my hair was and how badly my mom needed to get her vision checked this is likely the reasoning)
Anti-Social Personality Disorder (this is the only one that I'd agree to a low level with her on but I've never been diagnosed)
Herman's Syndrome (another one I looked up that I found nothing on)

My mother, I loved her, but clearly, she either didn't love me back or didn't know how to. She wouldn't of been with that abusive b****rd who is the sole reason why I have cerebral palsy (he physically abused her while she was pregnant with me and nearly had me be a stillborn baby), if she loved me like she claimed/knew how to.

I'm not bitter, just realistic. Even my auntie (whom I never knew about until a week before my mother's funeral) had confirmed that her sister (always referred to her in a nasty tone of voice) was loveless and incapable of being a decent human being. My auntie never visits my mother's grave, but visit's my father's grave often. I never met him; he passed away in a foreign country after bombs were dropped from military aircraft. He was a volunteer for disaster relief, and when he was within the borders of the US, a CNA.

I'm sidetracking now. I'm good at that. Another thing my mother griped about constantly...

Edit: I see we have a word filter; 'lovable' really changes the context in an undesirable and uncomfortable way, lol

Last edited:

Soul Tech

Time Traveler
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Diagnoses:
anxiety> palpitations> arrhythmia> tachycardia.
in that order.
but...
I am working on a cure that is proving to be effective.
change eating habits> regular exercise> meditation.
I am medicated but for the moment I see progress. that is all.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my case there is still the question what is causing it, and it's currently considered a psychic problem because all tries to find an organic cause have failed so far.
Basically I'm exhausted and loose concentration extremely fast, sometimes resulting in less than an hour a day where I can really do something (and that includes time to go shopping for food). Sometimes I can keep concentration for up to four hours, but that usually means that I'll need a complete day or two to recover from that.
It sounds like a kind of depression (not trying to make it sound like I know anything I have NO medical credentials at all. I do love cats though. Meow).
I had that problem not too long ago. Just serious depression like felt so low I'd constantly just break down and cry I felt so alone and hated. I was afraid too, like massive anxiety. I probably have an anxiety issue but I don't fear like I did. I could not focus on anything but for a couple of minutes at most.. I could bore a hole and measure it with a pair of calipers then not a 5 seconds later completely forget what the measurement was. I was so lost and alone feeling people like walked by asking me not to commit suicide.. like they could tell I massively afraid and depressed. Meow.. don't ever want to go back into that mess.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A big kudos to everyone commenting in this thread. It's so important to have open dialogue about health and wellness, and sometimes it's even more helpful to know you aren't alone. Perhaps some great bonds can come of a thread like this. Perhaps there's relief in just knowing there are others like yourself out there!

Personally, I have had a few diagnosis, some of which I've overcome as I had learned they were more symptomatic of a larger story.
Currently, I'm in a very low low of a bipolar manic episode (about 4 months running now..) and I'm having trouble shaking it. Usually I'm the high high of my episodes, so I am learning a lot about myself, my health, and my patience as I work through this.

I will say, the low low is very, VERY different from the high high's. It's uncomfortable not knowing how I'm going to figure out how to balance since it's unfamiliar, but I am just being patient and not putting too much pressure on myself.

Best to all!!
-MIA

Last edited:

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm diagnosed epileptic and I've struggled with anxiety and depression for a great deal of my life. A little more uncomfortable to admit is I also struggle a bit with suicidal thoughts (not currently, but more than I'd like)
Obviously epilepsy makes playing video games a little... interesting (I can't play certain things at all, and I have to remind myself to limit play to about an hour or so or I get a headache. Not that I always follow that...)

About the only other thing I can say is life is aways going to be a struggle no matter what problems you have. The best you can do is just focus on the current day and try to get by (even if it feels like you can't)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy