Not open for further replies.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So is it ok a team of people working on a game in RPG Maker use the same graphics packs even if some of them don't own them? And I mean only if someone on the team does owns them and are contributing a large amount to the game development.

An example being I own the pre-order graphics so If I start making a game with them and my friend who does not own them joins the team, am I allowed to share the resources with him for the soul purpose of working on my game?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would imagine that it's up to each individual who created the resources to decide if it's okay or not.

Some might be okay with it, whereas others might not be.

Zane

Food for thought
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
US English
Primarily Uses
Yes it's considered a team development.

But they don't have their own license to use it afterwards for their own projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok thanks Zane =D

Needed to know it since I have a lot of DLC and that pre-order pack but my friends don't

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks that gives me the exact information I needed.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Always better to get the official answer from admins or moderators, rather than other people's opinions ;)

If you DO give them the resources for use while developing, you would need to ensure they don't continue to use them after development finishes, or to use them on other games.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223