Lantiz

Biterkid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As you already know by now, I really like the Tiny16 set.
Thanks a lot for sharing your great work.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Yay! I was wondering about mixing icons/numbers/signs and tiles and... I like the way you think. Also it might help not just seeing assets place holders for just THAT! ^^

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I made these at someone's request, so not my idea, but I'm glad you like them.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
It was nice it wasn't just a private commission so you can share! TY for you and your requester!

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I LOVE Tiny 16!

ArielSystem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh My... The battlebacks!
These all meet my standards! :o

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm sorry for resurrecting the topic. I'm thinking of using the Tiny 16 package commercially, but I would have to create other graphics to complement. If there are colors that did not appear in the resources, could you make the palette available?

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your battlebacks are stunning, and I just downloaded your tileset... Everything is so amazing!
I'm just sad I haven't seen this sooner.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks guys! I'm glad you're enjoying them. :LZYpraise:

Tiny 16 won't be expanded on, sorry. It was an experiment in seeing how few tiles I could get away with and still be functional and I've accomplished that I think. The palette is the Dawnbringer 16 palette, and I think I used every color in the set. If not, Dawnbringer's stuff is easy to look up. I've made a collection over at OpenGameArt.org for tiles that should work well with my set with a bit of recoloring. I did fiddle around with expanding Tiny 16 for a while, but honestly it just isn't set up well for expansion. Too few colors, too simple in style.

I'm in the process of creating a new set that's similar enough that they could be used together, but this new one is more complex and made for taller characters (the size of 2k/3's sprites are perfect). It also uses Dawnbringer's 32 color palette and I'm trying to make the style work well with elements from both Vexed's POP series of tiles and Despain's Time Fantasy or Old School Modern sets if you're willing to do some recoloring and slight editing. It's an interesting balance, especially when I still want it to be my own style most of all. I have a ton of artwork done for it, but I don't know exactly when the first set will be coming out. It won't be free, and it will be multiple packs, so yeah, huge. Lately I've been focusing on just finishing the exterior stuff, and I think I'm close, but I've always been terrible at judging release dates.

Faherya

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks, I did not realize you had used the db16. Well, then we can expect a great pack coming around haha. Until then, is there a problem if I try to expand Tiny 16 for my own use?

I bought some packages from the Time Fantasy series, but I do not think they fit very well with the game's proposal. I want something as close as possible to the RPGs of the late NES, so I prefer tiny graphics, if I can make a pun. ( '-')

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No problem at all, expand away. You should really check out those links, there's some great NES era stuff in there. My collection is really a starting point, I bet if you looked around OGA you'd find a lot of great stuff. Surt especially makes a lot of cool NES era game tiles. It sounds like my new stuff isn't really going to fit the aesthetic you're going for, sadly. If you find something you want that's beyond your skills go ahead and ask if I'll make it here. No promises, but sometimes a project will spark my interest and I'll want to make stuff for it.

Faherya

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you! I took a look, they are very good resources, except that I have problems understanding these Assignment Instructions. For example, one of them says that I have to credit DawnBringer and provide a link to their respective page on the website. Only that? Are they free commercial graphics? The translator does not cooperate with me.

And on the project, well, your free copy is guaranteed. I do not intend to create a presentation topic before I have finished at least 90% of the game, so when you want to (if you want to) take a look just tell me. As for graphics, thanks again. For now everything is under control, but if there is any difficulty I notice.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The people at OGA are in general very nice. If you have questions about the usage rules then you can ask there and people will help. All of the things on Open Game Art are free for commercial use, it's just that some want credit, some don't, some require any changes you make to the art to be shared, and so on.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Battlebacks are amazing, I just wish there were dungeons and interiors. :(

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@Sharm do you have any 2k3 versons of your LPC works?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DarkKxng101 Sharm is taking a break from RM stuff due to health issues and has not been on the site for several months. It is most unlikely that she will see and respond to your question.

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@DarkKxng101 Sharm is taking a break from RM stuff due to health issues and has not been on the site for several months. It is most unlikely that she will see and respond to your question.
Oh alright ill have to check if someone can convert but hope she gets well soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akemischuyler123