Shaz's Smart Path - 8 directions possible?

Papillon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've been trying to create an event that followers the player no matter where they are and for that I've been using Shaz's Smart Path plugin. While it does work to an extent I've noticed that if the player walks off in a diagonal direction the event is only able to move in cardinal directions and lags behind the player.
I've tried searching for a solution and found this but it doesn't seem to work.

So is there any way to get Smart Path to move in diagonal directions, or is there any other pathfinding plugin capable of doing so?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin uses the function that handles clicking a tile and making the player walk to that tile. It only uses 4 directions by default, because that's what MV does, by default.

To have diagonal movement for the player, you must have another plugin installed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy