She Dreams Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by Lorenze, May 24, 2018.

1. melancholy-sama

melancholy-sama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh god, it looks fantastic!
    I really like the style and colours!

Lorenze likes this.
  2. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! New devblog is now up! It covers my experience of presenting the game at DreamHack Atlanta a few weeks ago, and includes a few tips for fellow devs wanting to present their game.

You can check it out here. Lemme know what you think.

And as a reminder, the free demo drops next Wednesday. :)

Thank you!

3. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! I'm happy to announce that the official demo for She Dreams Elsewhere is now LIVE!

Here is where you can download it from:
    The Steam version of the demo will be launching later this week, as well.

Let me know what you guys think! Feel free to stream it, post gameplay footage, share around social media, do whatever! I can't wait to see your reactions. Oh, and if you come across any bugs, please let me know!

Enjoy <3

-D

Isabella Ava likes this.
  4. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Lorenze likes this.
  5. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! Thank you so much for the support over the past few days; the demo's reception has been nothing but incredible and I'm super hype to finish the rest of the game now.

Oh, and the game was also recently covered by Polygon! (also talked about in podcast form here - starts at 17min).

Also, the Steam version of the demo is up too! (PC only) Enjoy! <3

6. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey y'all. For today's Screenshot Saturday, I ain't really have anything ready... so here's a short little comparison vid of the original version of the game versus how it is now. Might make more of these later. Enjoy!

7. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! Quick update for today - the game was recently featured by Paste Magazine, so much love to them for the support! And to everyone that's also written a article, blog, streamed, or posted a YouTube video of the game - I thank you SO MUCH as well! There's a new blog post coming next week, but for now, here's a little peek at what I've been working on:
    [​IMG]
    This is The Mirage, the hub area of the game where you can access new levels, shop, find secrets, and hang out with friends by initiating Dream Links - this game's version of sidequests.
    [​IMG]
    An example of said sidequests. Anyone order a slasher flick with their RPG?

I'll be going more in-depth about this in next week's blog post, so I'll see y'all then!

8. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  9. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone! I’ve got some exciting news for y’all today.

Very excited to finally announce that She Dreams Elsewhere is a 2019 Indie Megabooth Official Selection, and will be playable at this year’s Game Developer’s Conference (GDC) from March 18-22! I’ve known about this for a little while now, and since being in the Megabooth has been a dream of mine ever since I started the game, it’s been hard keeping quiet for so long. Cat’s out of the bag now.

Not only that, but a full, brand new trailer will be dropping within the next few weeks (as well as the new cover art), and the demo playable at GDC will contain all-new, never before seen content. I hope you all look forward to it, and if you’re at GDC, come on by! The game will be playable in the Moscone Center, on the 2nd level of the West Hall, and is open to all GDC badge types. Feel free to come on through, I’d love to meet you. (And you can check out the other games as well!)

Much love to everyone who has contributed (ESPECIALLY Mimi and Yanina, love y’all <3), played, shared, and otherwise supported the game throughout these years. I can’t express my gratitude enough. The game still has a ways to go, but we’re nearing the finish line. More updates to come very soon!

You can check out the official game page on the IMB website here.

rue669 likes this.
  10. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! Hope you’ve all been well. I’ve got some brief, but HUGE updates or y’all today. Just like I promised, here’s the full, brand new trailer for She Dreams Elsewhere!

Please let me know what you guys think. Oh, and spread the word! Any little bit helps. Much love to Michaela for providing the song used in the trailer, which you can hear here.

Also, in case you missed it, Yanina cooked up some F I R E new cover art:

[​IMG]
    And last and certainly not least, GDC 2019 is upon us… as many you know, the game recently got into this year’s Indie Megabooth, so I’ll be showcasing it there on Monday and Tuesday. If you’ll be at GDC, definitely come through! It’ll be playable from 10am-6pm in the Moscone Center (West Hall, 2nd Floor). Who knows, there might be some brand new surprises for ya…

Also, if you’re coming to GDC and wanna meet up, know any parties, meet for coffee, etc., don’t be afraid to reach out! I definitely wanna make the most of the experience, as this is not only my first GDC but my first time in San Fransisco too.

Till next time <3

11. Conflictx3

Conflictx3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    really loving what your doing with this title and creating a project thats making some good waves as an indie game entirely, i know your at GDC right now but as a fellow Maker we're rooting for you!!

Lorenze, lianderson and definite_lee like this.
  12. lianderson

lianderson Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Game went from looking fancy, to looking extra fancy.

Lorenze likes this.
  13. chantz

chantz Villager Member

First Language:
    franch
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    The game really looks fantastic, I love the style it makes me want to try it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UC Browser SHAREit MX Player

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Lorenze likes this.
  14. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! My GDC 2019 postmortem is now up, so feel free to check it out over at my blog! Lemme know what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Overall, it went really well and was easily one of the most rewarding events I've been to.

While I was there, the game also got featured over on Rock Paper Shotgun and Windows Central! Thanks to all of you for your support, y'all are the best. More updates to come <3

[​IMG]

rue669 and lianderson like this.
  15. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! It's me, ya boi again.

Just posted a new development update on my blog, just in time for E3. Talks a bit about what's new, gameplay changes, future events, etc. Give a look see and lemme know whatcha think, yeah? Thanks!
    [​IMG]

TengHu and rue669 like this.
  16. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Visually very dream-like!

TengHu, rue669 and Lorenze like this.
  17. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Played the demo a while back and totally forgot to comment on it! I think mainly because I don't really have much to say other than...really good work! Very captivating visual style, great writing, great handling of themes, and that music, man, kudos. Gotta say, it's been great to see an RPG Maker game get featured on itch.io's frontpage, on RPS, and I even saw footage pop up during Super Bunnyhop's video on GDC, so best of luck and I can't wait for the full release!

TengHu, rue669 and Lorenze like this.
  18. TengHu

TengHu TengHu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Same as @eluukkanen and @onipunk stated above.

I, too, have played this game a while back and periodically check up on it. One of the most original RPG Maker games I've ever played. I'm striving for my project to have the same quality as yours!

eluukkanen and Lorenze like this.
  19. Korthulhu

Korthulhu Immortan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This game looks fantastic, and is even better when you play some of it!
    Having played the demo, all I will really say is that it is truly one of the most inspired and unique games I think has ever been made with this software. Anyone on the fence about giving the demo a shot: get off the fence and do it! You won't regret it!
    I'm definitely looking forward to the full release!

Lorenze likes this.
  20. Lorenze

Lorenze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! It always makes my day seeing them :)

Anyway, hope y'all have been doing well! Just a brief little update for today that I should've posted awhile ago but oops:

First off, She Dreams Elsewhere will be playable at the Game Devs of Color Expo this Saturday, July 27th! Not only will there be a few goodies and a surprise announcement, but I'll also be personally speaking on a panel about hip-hop and gaming with Shawn Alexander Allen, Mega Ran, Sammus and Mike Eagle.

If you're in the area, definitely stop by and check out all the other dope games and talks! Again, it's on Saturday, July 27th from 11am-6pm at the Schomburg Center in Harlem, NY. There's also a chill afterparty at Babycastles right after the event at 7pm; you should definitely check that out too if you can.

[​IMG]

I've also been thinking about doing a vlog of sorts while I'm in New York, too. I've always wanted to showcase the actual experience when it comes to going out of town and showcasing at these events, and since this particular tripped is packed with all kinds of adventures, I figured this would be the perfect time to start. What do you guys think? Lemme know in the comments or thru my social media channels.

Finally, the new Studio Zevere website is live. It's still missing some stuff, such as the archived blog posts, but it's a good start. Check it out and lemme know what you think so far!

That's all for today, more dope news coming this weekend (and beyond)! To keep up with the NYC trip in real-time, you can follow the game on Twitter or Instagram (and/or even my personal one too) ;)

Talk soon! <3

[​IMG]

onipunk likes this.