Shield, Helm, & Accessory Term change

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Blair Pendragon, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Finally received my full copy of RPG Maker MV, and I'm trying to rebuild some of the basics I established in RPG Maker VX Ace.
    I changed Head to Armor, Armor to Accessory, and Accessory to Spirit. (Along with Main hand, and Off hand for weapon/shield.)

But in MV, I can only change weapon, and Armor for some reason in the Term tab.
    So I would assume the answer is in the .js files, but idk where to begin to find that, is anyone able to help me find out how to change Shield, Helm, and Accessory terms in game?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, you change the names in the types tab, because you can not only change the names there (like in older versions), but also the number of types (which was impossible in older engines)

3. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you. For some reason the Terms tab has weapon and armor, which do change the term from weapon/armor for some reason, yet when u change the types tab, they overwrite the changes I made in terms.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the terms are the words used in the title lines of some screens, the types are used in the detail categories and in the selection options inside the editor.