Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems that the shield states plugin is interfering with BUFF icons.

(They are totally transparent now)

15_1122_shieldIssue_2.PNG

(Disabling the plugin, makes them all visible again)

It doesn't appear to effect state icons at all. It may be related to Yanfly's plugins. I use them all. But I have not isolated it yet.
This was in fact a bug, I overwrote the function that draws all actor icons, but forgot to include buff icons in the drawing process. This has been fixed just now in "1.03" which can be found here or again opening post lol, thanks for reporting that otherwise I would've never noticed :p .

https://bitbucket.org/liquidize/anima-framework/raw/332dfd68eed12b69c7dbfa591613104e728461b4/Shield%20States/Anima_ShieldStates.js

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This was in fact a bug, I overwrote the function that draws all actor icons, but forgot to include buff icons in the drawing process. This has been fixed just now in "1.03" which can be found here or again opening post lol, thanks for reporting that otherwise I would've never noticed :p .

https://bitbucket.org/liquidize/anima-framework/raw/332dfd68eed12b69c7dbfa591613104e728461b4/Shield%20States/Anima_ShieldStates.js
Unfortunately now it seems that the HP Bar is gone. It worked fine before v1.03 :D

15_1122_shieldIssue_3.PNG

(Of course I did update a few Yanfly plugins while I was at it so... Double checking that too.)

Even with the new note tags factored in...

Code:
<Shield: Absorb><Shield Draw Gauge: true><Shield Type: magic><Shield Type: physical><Shield Color: #3399ff><Shield Color End: #3366ff><Shield Rate: 50%><Shield Formula>value = a.mat + a.def;</Shield Formula>

Last edited by a moderator:

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This version stopped working for me and is the only thing I've changed since I first posted. I did notice an anomaly however. In the video you have the <Absorb Shield> tag. But in the updated help file it says to use <Shield: Absorb> or <Shield: Absorption>. I've actually tried all 3 forms and haven't had any luck:

<Shield: Absorption><Shield Gauge Below><Shield Formula> value = 3 * a.mdf;</Shield Formula>
Code:
<Shield: Absorb><Shield Gauge Below><Shield Formula> value = 3 * a.mdf;</Shield Formula>
Code:
<Absorb Shield><Shield Gauge Below><Shield Formula> value = 3 * a.mdf;</Shield Formula>
The last one was the one that used to work in v1.01

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try the following:

<Shield: absorb>

<Shield Draw Gauge: true>

<Shield Gauge Below: true>

<Shield Formula>

value = 3 * a.mdf;

</Shield Formula>

If the bar doesn't show, your formula is returning 0.There is an issue with the parsing of capital letters in the <Shield: x> tag, but it will be fixed next update. Use lowercase in the "x" for now (e.g: absorb). 

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It was the capital letters... :)

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to first and foremost apologize for all the updates haha, i'm just always available too work on plugins really. So whenever I finish something or fix an important bug I tend to get the latest changes out there ASAP so everyone can have the latest with all the hot fixes and new additions. It may be troublesome for you all, but I hope you can understand that.

Which brings me too version 1.04! 

As always you can get it from the opening post, or here: https://bitbucket.org/liquidize/anima-framework/raw/9bc65f788375cb3b3d792f4162de99f37b9416c5/Shield%20States/Anima_ShieldStates.js

This update was a quick hot fix to fix the issue with capital letters as well as some variables being passed wrongly to the calculation functions. I've also added two new types of shields, Mana Absorption shields, and Mana Reflection shields!

Mana Absorption shields work the same way as absorption shields, in that the shield itself has a health pool that determines how much it can take, but with the added change that the damage is still taken, except as mana damage to the user of the shield.

Mana Reflection shields work the same way reflection shields work, except the damage is reflected back as mana damage. 

To make a mana shield, see the <Shield: x> section of the notetag help.

The next update will focus on a requested feature to show the damage to the shield as damage popups, so look forward to that. It may also include a little 'present' that some of you may have wanted in general!

As always, Thank you!

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lovely script dude, but as a heads up you may want to change stype to shtype as it may be confused with skill type (which is commonly referred to as stype.)

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
Great script, very helpful. One thing I was wondering about though. I have this following code:

<Shield: absorb><Shield Draw Gauge: true><Shield Gauge Below: true><Shield Color: #0080FF><Shield Color End: #0080FF> <Shield Formula>value = (1/5) * a.mmp;</Shield Formula>It is tied to a state and it works great. The only issue I have is that the shield bar stays after the state dissipates (The state icon itself disappears but the bar beneath it stays).

Upon further testing. It seems that it disappears if I press the back button (To get to the escape menu and such)

I'm using yanfly's plugins mostly and your script is under them.

If you need more information then I can supply it :) Thanks for making this script though.

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the plugin to v1.05 (can be found in opening post). To add compatibility to my "Anima_StatesCore" plugin that should appear here sometime today or tomorrow, whenever approved. I've removed the "Add Shields" via the adding of the state through eventing however, as it didn't seem to work right and would hang the game. If you plan to use my "Anima_StatesCore" plugin, place this one under it.

Rhudra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello.

This script is great and give me some good ideas of use.

Could actually be the center of a whole system in a way.

Now though I'd like to ask for a few additions I'd love to see, especially for skills

- a skill tag which would make it heal the shield and not simply renew it. Like Healing only 50%. something like <shield heal>

- a skill tag which would make it cost part of the shield health to perform. Something like <shield consomption>

- a skill tag which would make it damage only shield. That way I can make a zone skill hurting all shields but leaving unshielded people in peace. Something like <shield damage>

- an actor/Equipment/state tag which would regen then shields like <shield regen 20%> The best would be if they could add up : 20% on armor + 20 % on state equal 40%

- a tag to stop all damage when the shield breaks. For exemple : if the skill inflicts 100 and the shield have 80 health, the 20 leftover won't be inflicted.

I know it's christmass wishes but perhaps you'll like these ideas

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello.

This script is great and give me some good ideas of use.

Could actually be the center of a whole system in a way.

Now though I'd like to ask for a few additions I'd love to see, especially for skills

- a skill tag which would make it heal the shield and not simply renew it. Like Healing only 50%. something like <shield heal>

- a skill tag which would make it cost part of the shield health to perform. Something like <shield consomption>

- a skill tag which would make it damage only shield. That way I can make a zone skill hurting all shields but leaving unshielded people in peace. Something like <shield damage>

- an actor/Equipment/state tag which would regen then shields like <shield regen 20%> The best would be if they could add up : 20% on armor + 20 % on state equal 40%

- a tag to stop all damage when the shield breaks. For exemple : if the skill inflicts 100 and the shield have 80 health, the 20 leftover won't be inflicted.

I know it's christmass wishes but perhaps you'll like these ideas
You may be better off requesting an Armor mechanic rather than tacking all that onto a state. ;)

It would be a lot more intuitive as well.

Rhudra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello

I do not fully agree.

While some sort of regenerative armor would be nice, states are more fluids, more like forcefields.

The big plus I see is the player is able to change states with skills, adapting to the enemy and the situation.

An exemple :

Facing two enemies, one with fire powers, one with ice power, the player raises a fire shield on the tank.

Since the fire shield is weak to ice, the player put the ice enemy to sleep and/or focus on the fire one.

Once the fire one is defeated the player change to ice shield and prepare to confront the ice one.

Armor wouldn't be as fluid. Of course the player can change it before the fight, picking the most useful one,

but not during the fight (or it wouldn't be realistic at all). And generally speaking I favor choice during fights.

With that exemple though I got a new idea of shield type : elemental.

A shield which would absorb damage only from one or two elements.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think there is a small issue with the HP bar for shield states when applied to the GUARD state.

15_1205a.PNG

(This is the note tag for another state - The First actors displayed state)

<Shield: absorb><Shield Type: physical><Shield Color: #808080><Shield Color End: #b3b3b3><Shield Rate: 50%><Shield Formula>value = a.def * 0.5;</Shield Formula>(This is the note tag for Guard - The second.)

<Shield: absorb><Shield Type: physical><Shield Color: #808080><Shield Color End: #b3b3b3><Shield Rate: 50%><Shield Formula>value = a.mhp * 0.5;</Shield Formula>There is no obvious reason why one is offset and the other isn't. :)

edit:

I am playing with the idea of having Guard be an amount limited shield state rather than a 100% all damage reduced effect.

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't seem to reproduce this.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A closer look seems to indicate that its caused by an invisible passive state being applied. (Yanfly's Passive States)

(All three actors have a passive state, but the first and third's have no icon, They are all three Guarding)

Is the index of the HP bar counting icons or active states maybe?

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah indeed that was the cause, it will be fixed next update. Thank you!

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A closer look seems to indicate that its caused by an invisible passive state being applied. (Yanfly's Passive States)

(All three actors have a passive state, but the first and third's have no icon, They are all three Guarding)

15_1205_shieldState_Issue_1.PNG

Is the index of the HP bar counting icons or active states maybe?
This bug has been fixed in v1.06, see opening post for latest version.

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for this awesome plugin.

Question: under canBypassShield, is it possible to add a function to return true if the damage is less than zero? The reason I ask is that the shield appears to be eating custom HP/MP regen effects created by http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48631-ellyes-state-damage/

Specifically, I have an actor with a state that recovers exactly 10 MP each turn. When a shield is active, no MP is recovered, but the shield gets healed. So I'm wondering if all non-damaging numbers can just bypass the shield.

Thanks again.

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for this awesome plugin.

Question: under canBypassShield, is it possible to add a function to return true if the damage is less than zero? The reason I ask is that the shield appears to be eating custom HP/MP regen effects created by http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48631-ellyes-state-damage/

Specifically, I have an actor with a state that recovers exactly 10 MP each turn. When a shield is active, no MP is recovered, but the shield gets healed. So I'm wondering if all non-damaging numbers can just bypass the shield.

Thanks again.
Have you tried setting the shield to allow friendly attacks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapnZach