- Oct 23, 2015
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Ok, this is amazing, congratulations. O-M-G,
This was in fact a bug, I overwrote the function that draws all actor icons, but forgot to include buff icons in the drawing process. This has been fixed just now in "1.03" which can be found here or again opening post lol, thanks for reporting that otherwise I would've never noticed .It seems that the shield states plugin is interfering with BUFF icons.
(They are totally transparent now)
(Disabling the plugin, makes them all visible again)
It doesn't appear to effect state icons at all. It may be related to Yanfly's plugins. I use them all. But I have not isolated it yet.
Unfortunately now it seems that the HP Bar is gone. It worked fine before v1.03This was in fact a bug, I overwrote the function that draws all actor icons, but forgot to include buff icons in the drawing process. This has been fixed just now in "1.03" which can be found here or again opening post lol, thanks for reporting that otherwise I would've never noticed .
<Shield: Absorb><Shield Draw Gauge: true><Shield Type: magic><Shield Type: physical><Shield Color: #3399ff><Shield Color End: #3366ff><Shield Rate: 50%><Shield Formula>value = a.mat + a.def;</Shield Formula>
<Shield: Absorb><Shield Gauge Below><Shield Formula> value = 3 * a.mdf;</Shield Formula>
<Absorb Shield><Shield Gauge Below><Shield Formula> value = 3 * a.mdf;</Shield Formula>
You may be better off requesting an Armor mechanic rather than tacking all that onto a state.Hello.
This script is great and give me some good ideas of use.
Could actually be the center of a whole system in a way.
Now though I'd like to ask for a few additions I'd love to see, especially for skills
- a skill tag which would make it heal the shield and not simply renew it. Like Healing only 50%. something like <shield heal>
- a skill tag which would make it cost part of the shield health to perform. Something like <shield consomption>
- a skill tag which would make it damage only shield. That way I can make a zone skill hurting all shields but leaving unshielded people in peace. Something like <shield damage>
- an actor/Equipment/state tag which would regen then shields like <shield regen 20%> The best would be if they could add up : 20% on armor + 20 % on state equal 40%
- a tag to stop all damage when the shield breaks. For exemple : if the skill inflicts 100 and the shield have 80 health, the 20 leftover won't be inflicted.
I know it's christmass wishes but perhaps you'll like these ideas
This bug has been fixed in v1.06, see opening post for latest version.A closer look seems to indicate that its caused by an invisible passive state being applied. (Yanfly's Passive States)
(All three actors have a passive state, but the first and third's have no icon, They are all three Guarding)
Is the index of the HP bar counting icons or active states maybe?
Have you tried setting the shield to allow friendly attacks?Thanks for this awesome plugin.
Question: under canBypassShield, is it possible to add a function to return true if the damage is less than zero? The reason I ask is that the shield appears to be eating custom HP/MP regen effects created by http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48631-ellyes-state-damage/
Specifically, I have an actor with a state that recovers exactly 10 MP each turn. When a shield is active, no MP is recovered, but the shield gets healed. So I'm wondering if all non-damaging numbers can just bypass the shield.