Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, I have. Heals and such behave normally; it's just custom regen states set up using another plugin that get eaten by the shield.

That's why I was wondering if there was a statement I could add to canBypassShield to allow all non-damaging amounts to bypass the shield.

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could modify it I suppose to have an additional argument in the method, and then check if damage is negative and if friendly bypassing is enabled. But I wouldn't recommend it, since I plan on updating this soon.

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like I got it working the way that I want it to:

if (!this.canBypassShield(state.shield) && realdamage > 0) {Default:

if (!this.canBypassShield(state.shield)) {Will have to thoroughly test it out, but at first glance, it's working.

Thanks for the replies.

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated shield states to v1.07 (see opening post for link). This version adds the ability to specify elements which the shield can only protect against. e.g: Fire Shield (protects only from fire attacks). It also includes another new note tag to specify if this shield should also check the attackers, attack elements and not just the skills/items element when checking if the shield can protect against it. Accompanying this note tag is a new parameter to set the default value for this note tag so you don't need to use it for every shield if all shields do, or don't check the attackers elements. Finally, if no elements are specified or the note tag doesn't exists then it is assumed the shield protects against all elements. Thank you and enjoy!

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For those currently using this plugin I have been given permission by Liquidize to post a complete a Shield States feature, where shields will now be applied to incoming damage in order of the shields priority. (IOW: State Priority)

Here is the fixed version. v1.07.1

Please understand. This is Liquidize's Plugin. I am only sharing this as a favor for its users. I am not taking over support totally. Nor am I adding more features.

Please, don't ask me. :D

99potions

Dems Pixels Doe
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd be very interested if this somehow rolls in to a full armor/secondary HP kind of system. I tried making something like it in Ace a few years ago but had no luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Almost 5 am.. and I decide to put up a Youtube video instead of sleeping. It's strangely addicting! :kaoswt:
If I survive the pandemic without 2nd degree obesity, I'll celebrate. The stress I have to deal with at work is so insane my candy consumption has increased by 400% just to help me survive the day sometimes.
I don't like calling my daily stuff coronadailies... anyone a better suggestion?
Well, looks like I need to build myself a quest system. Or really just a system for "Helpful voices" to talk to the player. I'm sure nothing will go wrong listening to them.... They're "helpful". :LZSwink:

Should be pretty easy with PIXI just letting me write all over the screen. :LZSexcite:
I'm starting to think I just dont like anime since the last one I enjoyed was none of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootlegtexas