Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a plugin that can replicate the fusion system of shin megami tensei?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you should explain what this "fusion" does, because some or most dont know
the game "shin megami tensei" (not me at least) so I dont know it system.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you should explain what this "fusion" does, because some or most dont know
the game "shin megami tensei" (not me at least) so I dont know it system.
The way fusion works in most SMT games is that you can take two or three demons and combine them to make a new demon with some skills inherited from the demons used in the fusion.
The demon's level must be either lower or equal to the main character or you can't fuse the demon.
There is also a chance that the fusion could fail, resulting in you getting a different demon.
You can also use items or certain demons to raise the demons stats.
So basically it would work like this:

Thor + Loki = Odin LV:70(Protagonist's level must be ≥ Odin's Level.)
Skills: Ziodyne + Skills:Mamudoon = Skills: Gungnir(Self), Ziodyne(From Thor), Mamudoon(From Loki).

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But what are demons though? Are they like items? weapons? actors? (also never played SMT)

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Demons are enemies/monsters encounted in the game. There are some ways to make them join the party and fight for you. 2 demons (or 3?) can be combined to form one demon, and it can be the old one, a new one, or a super one.

The fun of the game is to get new demons, combined them, and get other demons. Some part of it is like pokemon.

To achieve this, I think at least it's going to need a catch system to make enemies to join, fusion system, and a pet or ally system to make enemies to fight for you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Demons are enemies/monsters encounted in the game. There are some ways to make them join the party and fight for you. 2 demons (or 3?) can be combined to form one demon, and it can be the old one, a new one, or a super one.

The fun of the game is to get new demons, combined them, and get other demons. Some part of it is like pokemon.

To achieve this, I think at least it's going to need a catch system to make enemies to join, fusion system, and a pet or ally system to make enemies to fight for you.
Well i can use variables and common events for talking to demons. It is time consuming and difficult though.

STARFALL

Core of the Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I am a fan of the saga and I ask you if you want to achieve exactly the same system or only want to function actors, if it is only to function actors I think you can do it using variables and those things, right now I am not sure but I will try to do a test in House.

Aldu

Overworked
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Constantly bumping this thread won't make a SMT demon fusion plugin appear. A system like that is complex, time consuming and not exactly something you can plug in and work out of the box. Take a look at how massive and complex this database is: https://aqiu384.github.io/megaten-fusion-tool/smt4f/demons. You would need to create a second database similar to that on a spreadsheet or something to keep track of all of the possible fusion outcomes. Not only that but it'd be a headache to balance your game with whatever amount of demons you have planned for your game. A company like Atlus can achieve this because they have multiple people working on the battle system.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

would i get in trouble if i didn't take out the computer icons on my fake computer screen i had Discord, Messanger, and rpg maker up
Auto-Adjust Text Outline, Run Common Events on Transfer | RPG Maker News #111

I sweep the floor. My brother, "You didn't do a good job. There are dust bunnies everywhere." He sweeps the floor weeks later. "I just swept. Why are there dust bunnies everywhere?" Me," Guess you didn't do a good enough job."
Today, I tortured my internet by downloading 20 files at once and then I played a guessing game as to which would finish their download first :kaojoy:
Oh god, just watched HawkZombie's stream of my game and realised that *none* of the branching scenes work properly. One has no character graphic, one soft locks due to a passability issue, and one doesn't have its autorun set to the right trigger. I've got first prize in the bag, baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
egekaia