RaynRayn

jojo brainrot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I'm having some difficulty with a ship event. It's not really your average ship event, you see, what I'd like to happen is this:

1. When the player touches a certain point on the dock, a choice should appear to let the player on the ship.
2. When the player selects "yes", they should be transported to a DIFFERENT map, OCEAN001, but they are on the ship and have full control over it.

Is there a way to do this at all? I'm going for a Wadanohara & the Great Blue Sea kind of feel here when it comes to ship eventing. I'm perfectly fine with using a script, if there are any that work the way I want for that matter.

If anyone needs screenshots of my events, lemme know. Thanks in advance! <3

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, you'll either need to do the required commands on the new map in an autorun while the screen is fadeout, or before the transfer.
the important part is that the event command "get on/off vehicle" only works if the player can board manually, it is not fully automatic.
so you'll need a set move route that places the player next to the ship vehicle and face it before that command is given, and for that you'll need a map with both a land tile for the player and an ocean tile for the vehicle next to each other - usually best done by a scene on the map before the transfer if you're already on a pier.

aside from that this is basic eventing.

RaynRayn

jojo brainrot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, you'll either need to do the required commands on the new map in an autorun while the screen is fadeout, or before the transfer.
the important part is that the event command "get on/off vehicle" only works if the player can board manually, it is not fully automatic.
so you'll need a set move route that places the player next to the ship vehicle and face it before that command is given, and for that you'll need a map with both a land tile for the player and an ocean tile for the vehicle next to each other - usually best done by a scene on the map before the transfer if you're already on a pier.

aside from that this is basic eventing.
Thank you very much! Seems I was thinking a little too hard.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could even achieve that in a map with just ocean as long as you toggle "Through" for the player using a move route. If I am not mistaken it should work - correct me if I am wrong here. You have then to remember to toggle it off otherwise every tile will be passable.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Heirukichi bad idea - not only will every tile be passable when through is on, the player also cannot trigger events on contact with through. How should the player control leaving the vehicle with that option?
It would require much more complex checks and controls - the through option for player should only be used in a cutscene where the player is controlled, and through should be disabled before returning control to the player.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar can't you just disable it after a single step used to board the ship?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randymacalaster