Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a localized version of a game, and having trouble getting the text to show when I don't have the font installed in Windows.

I know in Ace you can do it by putting the ttf files into a Fonts folder (though I'm not sure if that's in the main game folder or under Graphics or Data or something). I've tried all of these locations in XP, but none of the text will show regardless of where I put the font files.

Does anyone know what the process is to include a font in XP so the player doesn't have to have it installed?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! I managed to get it working with just half a dozen lines from that script.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mystic0

Freeman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any otherway to use/access other fonts without installation? Some of the fonts I use have certain licenses that prevent distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

4dt5whRsr5KNFktFU1XHwZ.gif

Yeah :D
Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nami