Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a localized version of a game, and having trouble getting the text to show when I don't have the font installed in Windows.

I know in Ace you can do it by putting the ttf files into a Fonts folder (though I'm not sure if that's in the main game folder or under Graphics or Data or something). I've tried all of these locations in XP, but none of the text will show regardless of where I put the font files.

Does anyone know what the process is to include a font in XP so the player doesn't have to have it installed?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! I managed to get it working with just half a dozen lines from that script.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mystic0

Freeman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any otherway to use/access other fonts without installation? Some of the fonts I use have certain licenses that prevent distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the past hour I've both joined and left the RPG Maker subreddit. So many memories were made. Power to the gam mak!
So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:
I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.
mercba30 wrote on Jesse - PVGames's profile.
How do I get the new version of the character creator? Thank you in advance!

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamageControlx