Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Introduction:

A few days ago, a strange object was sighted in the sky. The races of the land of Esteron soon sent out an expedition to where the object crashed, in an attempt to figure out what it was. On the way to investigate, a storm has wrecked the ship leading the expedition, and now you find yourself stranded on an unknown island. You must figure out who else has survived, find a way home, and while you are at it, figure out what that mysterious object was in the sky.

Overall Notes:
-Shipwrecked! is meant to be a short game that tells the tale of some events before The Book of Shadows, as the game takes place about 50 years before the events of The Book of Shadows. The game is a non-commercial game, and will be around 6 - 12 hours in length in the end.
-One thing about this game is you don't play a party of level 1 beginners at the start. Average starting level for the 8 characters is 9.25.

The Characters:

Ray:
05-Ray.png

The leader of the survivors. Originally third in command, he soon found himself in charge of the survivors.

Kylie:
04-Kylie.png

Kylie is Ray's sister. She is energetic, and a tad reckless from time to time.

Dieg:
06-Dieg.png

A goblin who stowed away on the ship, and tries to act like he was there all of the time. Ray invites him to join the group, though Kylie is hesitant.

Elisa:
02-Elisa.png

Half-Fairy Scientist who was sent by the Dwarfs to scout the mysterious object for them.

Hendeg:
01-Hendeg.png

The ship's cook. He wants to be a famous chef, but he keeps putting a tad too much cheese on things!

Geoff:
07-Geoff.png

One of the Knights sent on the expedition, and the only surviving Knight of the shipwreck.

Nadine:
08-Nadine.png

Geoff's teenage daughter. She has spent her entire life traveling with the Knights due to her father, and has picked up a few things here and there on how to fight. Joins the party to Geoff's reluctance.

Orgoth:
03-Orgoth.png

One of the Orc sailors who survived the crash. Hopes to be a famous dancer...yet who has heard of an Orc dancer?

Demo:
None yet.

Screenshots:

Shipwrecked_Screenshot5.png
-What in the world is that?

Shipwrecked-Screenshot1.png

The town of Algorath. Now where is everyone?

Shipwrecked-Screenshot-4.png

The teacher said we were going to learn about dinosaurs today! What can go wrong?

Videos:

-Coming soon.

Battle Music by McTricky.

Current Progress:
-Currently the game is complete. It is in the bug testing and fixing stage now.
-All skills, spells skills, weapons, armor, items, and database entries for the party members is complete.
-All animations are complete.
-All graphics are placeholders in the screenshots. I will try to update those soon.

Credits:
Graphics:
-Kadokawa
-Allusion
-Enterbrain
-Thalzon
-Andy Chen
-Aaron Jim

Sound:
-Kadokawa
-Enterbrain
-McTricky

Internal Scripts:
-Enterbrain
-Modern Algebra
-Neon Black
-Sixth
-Shaz
-Yanfly

Attachments

• Shipwrecked_Screenshot6.png
    Shipwrecked_Screenshot6.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks promising. Is all of the gameplay in the beach?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nope, that's the first zone, as that is where the shipwreck occurred at (which I need to add graphics for that too). From there the party moves inland. I have it planned as 9 major zones total, with an optional area too.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated the thread with the progress of the last two weeks, and added the first screenshot. There is about 1.5 hours of playtime right now, or at least that is how long it takes me to get to where I'm at now.

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1.5 hours is a great amount of progress! I'm looking forward to playing this! Seems like it has humor and intrigue wrapped into one. :yhappy:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Allusion : Thanks! We'll see how it pans out, draft 1 is almost done.

Updated the front page to update the credits list, and the current progress. The game is playable to the last zone of the game now.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated the first post to show an image of the characters under the characters tab. Also edited some descriptions to match how the characters developed as the last of the plot was written.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update: Work kept me really busy and then the lockdown hit which oddly enough made me busier? Anyways, the game is almost in alpha now, I have three zones left to complete before it goes Alpha.

Here is some alpha footage of one of the late game areas. Note that there is no cutscene movement (yet), that's added between the Alpha and Beta stages of the game.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've been bad at updating this thread, but here is a status update:

-The entire game can be beaten from start to finish now.

Current needs:
-2 sprites
-2 cutscenes need stuff so it is not just static text on screen.
-A couple of map tiles for the final area. I think I may be able to jerry rig this one out of what I got, but will see. If not will need to order them.
-A lot of playtesting.

I really would like to release it this summer, hopefully it is doable. We'll see.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I moved this to Games in Development. It should have been moved a while ago as it is well past the prototype stage as you can play it from start to finish now, it just needs polish before release.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I played Book of Shadows in the past and like your style. Let me know if/when you need a playtester in the future. As someone once said, "What could go wrong?". :eek:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@kimo : I may take you up on that after the upcoming holidays. I think I'm at the point I just need another set of eyes that are not mine to look at it.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No hurry for me. Just let me know if you would like some help with this. I'll still be buying your game on Aldorlea.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As another huge fan of Book of Shadows, I'd be interested in playtesting as well. Will send you a pm.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok thanks to both! As you probably saw I'm also judging the upcoming IGMC so it may be a few months still, as I'll be pausing game dev in August for that. I finally figured out how to fix up something that was stumping me on it so will probably be working on that this holiday weekend.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.
Being hit with nostalgia for something that's gone is both a great thing and so sad.

But being a creative means having ideas for bringing stuff back to life, which can be frustrating and rewarding in it's own right.
the urge to comment helpful things on forum posts but not using the same engine
It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to. The best b-day present I could have is if my mapper came back. No idea where he went.
Senary_Redesign.png
Updated Senary's design (left). The previous one is overdesigned and her lack of functional pants is distracting and undermines her as a strong female character. She now has compression shorts, shorter hair, and a loose-fitting shirt for a modern look. She was lacking the authority of her original design, so I gave her military cap with her namesake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CDMedi