Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again my fellow makers!

I'm in the mind frame to try and create an RPG style Shoot em' up or a Bullet Hell. I figured the process wouldn't be too hard but as I started to think about the components of making one of these games I ran into some problems.

I'm not looking for an Undertale style system. I know that SumRndmDde has made an almost complete battle system. What I'm looking for is more in the realm of Galvs Plugin here https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/09/13/mv-map-projectiles/ or the gameplay example found here (Timeline 2:12)

The biggest thing is I'm looking to keep the orientation like a Sidescroller, which can simply be done with a scrolling background parallax.

I noticed in the RMMV store that a game called DeathSmiles exists. http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/rpg-maker-mv-character/deathsmiles-bundle and it looks to play exactly how I want to create my game?

I'm unsure if this is an MV/ Ace hybrid game but hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction to making a game like this?

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably possible to make a game like Deathsmiles in MV or VX Ace technically a lot of things are if you can code, but I'm not sure you'd be able to perfectly 10/10 mimic it, not to mention it will be a massive amount of work, and maybe need some plugins or scripts down the line for some of the stuff.

Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably possible to make a game like Deathsmiles in MV or VX Ace technically a lot of things are if you can code, but I'm not sure you'd be able to perfectly 10/10 mimic it...
I figured as much. Though with Galv's plugin I could probably come close however it seems like there is no proper hit detection and I'd have to code that part from the ground up.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Its practically doable in Ace and MV as I've done a shooting game in Ace before (didnt release it though), as long as you can event/code it.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its practically doable in Ace and MV as I've done a shooting game in Ace before (didnt release it though), as long as you can event/code it.
Unfortunately I don't own Ace. Just MV and XP. I'd be interested in learning how to code my way through it, though I'm more accustomed to eventing.

I have two projects that utilize Galv's Map Projectiles...
Cool, I'll have to give both of those a look when I get the chance they might be what I'm looking for.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Practically, I make a projectile object, give it a sprite/image, move it into a direction, check for collision depending on the collision size of the projectile and the other objects in the map, if it collides it fires a custom code which is attached to the projectile itself.

If you have limited experience in coding though, I dont suggest trying to do it by yourself.. unless ofc you want to learn and challenge yourself

Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Practically, I make a projectile object, give it a sprite/image, move it into a direction, check for collision depending on the collision size of the projectile and the other objects in the map, if it collides it fires a custom code which is attached to the projectile itself...
Oh that actually sounds quite doable through events, though I can see why you'd want to script it since the enemy will be firing multiples of the same projectiles and it would be a bit cumbersome to do that over and over again.

Of course I'm always willing to learn a new technique. I started working with Processing P5.js not too long ago so I'm still new at coding but a lot of the language seems to carry over.

Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about Galv's Invader Mini Game?
Oh, I had no idea this was a thing? I like it though I'll probably keep it on the back burner as a last resort if I can't find a good way to make a shmup in a side scroller fashion.

Thanks a bunch for the link, if nothing else I can make a good Touhu style bullet hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnuRavi