Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin Purpose
This plugin let's you customize how category windows are shown in the shop menu.
It is plug and play. By default it changes nothing.
It comes with three plugin parameters:
  • Buy Categories Window: Contains a switch whether the buy window should be categorized, aswell as layout information for the category window utilizing javascript and layout adjustment information for the buy window.
  • Sell Categories Window: Same but for the sell window
  • Switch Category Name: To be used with BO_Shops: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/burning-orca-shops.108895/ in case you use switches as shop goods.
The default parameter are setup for the default shop scene. If you change Buy Categories Window Use to true it will look like this:
BuyCategories.PNG

With YEP_ShopMenuCore
If you use YEP_ShopMenuCore please open the first two plugin parameters, go to the text tab and change the parameters to the following:
TextTab.PNG

Buy Categories Window:{"Use":"false","Layout":"{\"X\":\"this._commandWindow.x\",\"Y\":\"this._commandWindow.y\",\"Width\":\"this._commandWindow.width\",\"Height\":\"auto\",\"Rows\":\"4\",\"Columns\":\"1\"}","AffectedWindowAdjustment":"{\"AdjustmentType\":\"Never\",\"X\":\"0\",\"Y\":\"0\",\"Width\":\"0\",\"Height\":\"0\"}"}

Sell Categories Window:{"Use":"true","Layout":"{\"X\":\"this._commandWindow.x\",\"Y\":\"this._commandWindow.y\",\"Width\":\"this._commandWindow.width\",\"Height\":\"auto\",\"Rows\":\"4\",\"Columns\":\"1\"}","AffectedWindowAdjustment":"{\"AdjustmentType\":\"Never\",\"X\":\"0\",\"Y\":\"0\",\"Width\":\"0\",\"Height\":\"0\"}"}

With NPCDialogueShop
However if you also use NPCDialogueShop just change:
Sell Categories Window:{"Use":"true","Layout":"{\"X\":\"this._dummyWindow.x\",\"Y\":\"this._dummyWindow.y\",\"Width\":\"this._dummyWindow.width\",\"Height\":\"auto\",\"Rows\":\"1\",\"Columns\":\"4\"}","AffectedWindowAdjustment":"{\"AdjustmentType\":\"When Categories Not Used\",\"X\":\"0\",\"Y\":\"-this._categoryWindow.height\",\"Width\":\"0\",\"Height\":\"this._categoryWindow.height\"}"}

And this is one custom layout I've created (However The Sell Window Version only works correct with NPCDialogueShop is installed aswell):

Buy Categories Window:{"Use":"true","Layout":"{\"X\":\"this._dummyWindow.x\",\"Y\":\"this._dummyWindow.y\",\"Width\":\"200\",\"Height\":\"this._dummyWindow.height\",\"Rows\":\"4\",\"Columns\":\"1\"}","AffectedWindowAdjustment":"{\"AdjustmentType\":\"When Categories Used\",\"X\":\"200\",\"Y\":\"0\",\"Width\":\"-200\",\"Height\":\"0\"}"}

Sell Categories Window:{"Use":"true","Layout":"{\"X\":\"this._dummyWindow.x\",\"Y\":\"this._dummyWindow.y\",\"Width\":\"200\",\"Height\":\"this._dummyWindow.height\",\"Rows\":\"4\",\"Columns\":\"1\"}","AffectedWindowAdjustment":"{\"AdjustmentType\":\"When Categories Used\",\"X\":\"200\",\"Y\":\"-this._sellWindow.fittingHeight(1)\",\"Width\":\"-200\",\"Height\":\"this._sellWindow.fittingHeight(1)\"}"}

The plugin does not add new categories by itself, but relies on http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Item_Menu_Categories_(YEP) to do so, however the buy menu will show only the categories of items, that are actually sold by the shop.

Compatibility:
Should be compatible to:
YEP_ShopMenuCore
NPCDialogueShop: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/npc-dialogue-shop.101108
BO_Shops

Plugin Order:
Place this below at above mentioned plugins, but I guess it's best put below all other shop plugins you use.

Terms of use:
Free for commercial and non-commercial use.
Credit not required, but appreciated.
You may not repost this plugins. Please only link back to this thread.

Edit:
Fixed a bug, that made the regular item category not appearing when this plugin would have been used without YEP_X_ItemCategories.

Attachments

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The part about the plugin parameters are all condensed and hard to read, even for me, a programmer. Could you reorganize your post to make it more readable (add some spacing for example)? Thank you.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much for creating this BurningOrca! It performs well, and does exactly as I had hoped! I now have categories to destress and simplify my shopping experience with my visual shopkeeper! XD

On a funny note, this comment was going to be a little different. I thought there was an error with the plugin, as the buy tab was not showing all seven of the categories I have installed in Yanfly's Item Categories plugin. It was only showing food and items. I was about to report it as an error, when I reread your plugin description and found listed at the very bottom (should have been fine print! ;D ) that only the categories of items sold will be shown at each individual shop. Hahaha! Nice. As in nice way to simplify the categories even more so it isn't cluttered uselessly! Although I would probably put that at the top in big bold print so people like me don't get confused and wonder why something isn't working correctly when it is! Hahahahah!

Again, thank you so much for creating this. It is a little gem all to itself.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena Your thread is already closed so I answer here. No problem as the requirement was to be compatible with my plugin aswell as mjshi's plugin I figured it would be the best solution if I write it myself. That is why I did it. I personally like small shops, that sell only a single category of items, so I personally don't need that plugin, but I am glad it helps you.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It really does! I have a large crafting system in my game and with Yanfly's Item Categories I was able to organize things in the user inventory by potions, food, ingredients, stuff like that. I felt it should extend to the shops (like Skyrim for example) to allow the player to easily shift through the store resources to find what they need. So, even though the blacksmith is selling weapons and armor he also sells the materials to build it. So rather than waste player time shifting down a huge list to find what he needs I felt this was less time consuming and a destresser for the player. So, thank you so much for doing this.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
on the help, when "also use NPCDialogue" plugin, use the following links (if used with YEP_ShopMenuCore)

what if you only use npc dialogue plugin? just the sell line? or is there also a buy line for it by than?
because I dont use yep_shop menu core plugin.

Amazing plugin otherwise, something that work with a npc dialogue plugin ^^ keep up the good work.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
on the help, when "also use NPCDialogue" plugin, use the following links (if used with YEP_ShopMenuCore)

what if you only use npc dialogue plugin? just the sell line? or is there also a buy line for it by than?
because I dont use yep_shop menu core plugin.

Amazing plugin otherwise, something that work with a npc dialogue plugin ^^ keep up the good work.
@ShadowDragon Just the sell line. The buy line should already work after changing the "Use" parameter value to "true".

It is just about the positioning. Without changing the sell line like mentioned in the help file and this thread, my plugin would destroy mjshi's positioning. Without the Yanfly Lines my plugin would destroy Yanfly's positioning.
Sorry I realized my helpfile/forum entry is written a bit confusing: What I really meant is if NPC Dialogue Shop is used whether with or without Yanfly always only change the sell line.
NPC Dialogue Shop - at least the version I currently have - already destroys Yanfly's layout, so there is no need to care about it.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ty for the confirmation :) I will add that in your plugin helpfile, if there become an update, you can add it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moenimael