eydie666

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone, this is the first time I've needed to ask the forum anything. I hope this is the right place to ask this as it isn't just about either scrips or events.

I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum while making my game. You see I want there to be a shop that 'sells' weapons and armor by taking items and money off of you.

For example; to obtain the Iron Greatsword you have to pay 5000 gold and give 5 Iron Ore's where Iron Ore is an Item that can be obtained by mining or whatever.  Basically when you go into this shop it's price is "5000G, 5x Iron Ore".

I haven't been able to find any scripts that relate to this, the closest I came to finding was Yanfly's Common Event Shop however I'd need to make a common event for each piece of armor and every weapon in the game, and I don't really want that. 

I don't want to really event it either. Because then it'll become an endless chain of Conditional Branches for each item that has a cost more complex than 5000g and 5 Iron ore. Plus it doesn't have the cool shop screen.

For those of you who have played Monster Hunter you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Any suggestions? Anyway, thank you in advance.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving to RGSS3 Script Requests

You WILL need a script for this

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today is the day! I will be productive in game dev work! I will - *gets distracted by cat playing with her toy mouse* Awww <3
Whelp. I tried to be productive.
Decided to work on Fandom Scouts today. I've decided that instead of using the generic "scrolling text" event that MV has (I'm using MV for FS, not MZ) I'll use the movie option. I'm still trying to find a way to get Premiere Pro to output the compatible format though. If anyone can give me some help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Barthdry wrote on tln143's profile.
Hello tln143 Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Barthdry wrote on 00cassiesmells's profile.
Hello 00casiemells Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Remember guys: Drink water and workout is important too! Don't stay too much time on the PC working! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corporal_Siva