Shop Menu Terms

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Drunken Paladin, Mar 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi everyone, I have a pretty simple objective, but I can't find a good solution.

I want to change the shop menu terms in specific cases. I have a lot of variable or item-based currencies and crafting systems, so I would really like a way to change the option from "buy" to "craft" or "cook" or something similar.

Removing the "sell" option entirely would be a nice bonus.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Silva

Silva Scoobityboo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When you're setting up your shop events you can just run this code and it will update the database term for "buy" in the shop.

Code:
    $dataSystem.terms.commands[24] = "Whatever you want";

//eg

$dataSystem.terms.commands[24] = "Craft";
    //or
    $dataSystem.terms.commands[24] = "Cook";
    //or
    $dataSystem.terms.commands[24] = "Transmorgify";
    How you use this is up to you, I would recommend either setting back to buy immediately after the shop processing event command. Alternatively, you could set the term before every single shop processing event command therefore never needing to worry about setting it back.

I can't advise on how to remove the "sell" option completely, but you can always tick the box to make the shop purchase only. If the text really bugs you I suppose you could set the term to nothing, but the box would still be there and selectable. In case you do consider it though, here's the script to run before shop processing:

Code:
    $dataSystem.terms.commands[25] = ""

Drunken Paladin likes this.
  3. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks, Silva!

Silva likes this.