I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Game Makers,

Another resource list for those who want to create a better 'shop system' then the Default one, you can also combine some of them together (like 2 shop system the give different options) as long as they are compatibility with each other.

(I will write a separate post for 'sorting' system and link to it here when I do).

Check out which one works the best for your own game. Also, don't forget to credit the Ahtoer of the plugin you choose to use.

If this post helps you make sure to press the 'Like' button and share it with your friends.

BO_CustomShops and BO_CustomShopsXL [Forum]
Include 'Him Shop Manager' (below) features an even more feature: Define entire shops in the plugin parameters, limit available items, shop stock, define switch shops, Organize your items, and more.

Add in the last version: fix the Compatibility of switch shops with MKR_ShopItemMessage.js, fix a bug in XL version, add you can now add discounts under certain conditions.

Note: The BO_CustomShopsXL plugin is not compatible with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies.js and YEP_ConditionalShopPrices.js.

BO Shop (Old version of BO_CustomShops)
- This version does not have the features from 'edit 17' (and above) from the official post.

BO_ShopCategories.js [Direct]
Another plugin from BurningOrca that can be used alongside BO Shop/BO_CustomShops. This plugin giving you the option to customize how category windows are shown in the shop menu.

Him Shop Manager
Assign “names” to your shops, call up a specific shop, limited item options, and more.

Add on plugins:
HIME_Hidden Shop Goods
[Offical Site]
It allows you to hide shop goods quickly and easily using a simple command.
DreamX_Random Equipment Prefixes & Affixes
Ability to purchase equips with random affixes from shops.

NPC Dialogue Shop (Thanks to 'ShadowDragon'):
Show an image, custom dialogue for each individual shopkeep, use common events to handle quests + chat, and more.

Add on plugins:
MKR_ShopItemMessage
Shop Item Message/ Item commentary for NPC shopkeeper.

BM_Shop Core [Offical Site] [Direct]
Decide what parameters to show/compare, Customize the layout of the shop, added information on items, equipment, and more.

MrTS Open Shops [Offical site]
Allows players to open a shop for a single item, limit stock, set Image for each item, and more.

Add on plugins:
MrTS_Unlock Shop Items
[Offical Site]
Ability to unlock new items in the shop by selling or plugin commands.

JK_DirectShop (Pirobi and JK Software) [Direct]
- Bring back an old maker shop function. When shop commands where "PurchaseOnly" is checked to go directly to the buy screen.

- Option for "SellOnly" shop, plugin parameter to determine how to draw shop scene windows, and more.

YEP Shop core
Give the option for two shop mods: 'The whole party' and 'individual', also the option to switch between them (check the video on the site for more info).

SRD Sell Shop
It allows you to create a shop that gives a specific list of items for the Player to sell to the shop, the option to edit the prices for selling them.

Shop Organization.js by Feelzor [
Github] [Direct]
Features
- Create multiple categories for the buying tab of the shop.
- Organize the multiple items in these categories easily.
- Choose the default category for the items that have no category.

===================
- More Fetures (Music+) -
===================

Triacontane - Shop BGM

Adding/selecting specific 'BGM' audio file to play for the shop (+change: volume, pitch, pan), specified switch ID, and more.

*** Make sure to take a second and click on the 'like' button. Also If you know any plugin/script I didn't mention here feel free to comment below and after checking it I will add it to the list.

Happy 'Game Making'!

TGA

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bo_Shop + NPC Dialogue Shop = best is my opinion,because you have all the features
+ a nice npc image in the store that sells, talk for rumors and an outlook of your choice :)

bu a nice list of shop's though. there is also an addon for items found here for NPC Dialogue shop.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bo_Shop + NPC Dialogue Shop = best is my opinion,because you have all the features
+ a nice npc image in the store that sells, talk for rumors and an outlook of your choice :)
Nice! thank you or that info, I will go and check these plugins, sounds like a very useful plugin combo haha.

bu a nice list of shop's though. there is also an addon for items found here for NPC Dialogue shop.
Thank you! I'm trying to bring up the best of all these tools/plugins sitting in my folders after so many days/nights of searching, hop this will help saving time to other people.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NPC Dialogue Shop = a standalone shop, which has an image as a seller or buyer.
but you can also combine npc dialogue shop with yandfly shopcore
or with bo shop as well to add more features to it.
because if you have yanfly shopcore, you can use currency plugin of yanfly as well
which require YEP_ShopCore.

with luck, you can combine probably everything as long there is no compability issue :D
but who wants 8 shops core together ^^

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NPC Dialogue Shop = a standalone shop, which has an image as a seller or buyer.
but you can also combine npc dialogue shop with yandfly shopcore
or with bo shop as well to add more features to it.
because if you have yanfly shopcore, you can use currency plugin of yanfly as well
which requires YEP_ShopCore.

with luck, you can combine probably everything as long there is no compatibility issue :D
but who wants 8 shops core together ^^
What true is true :) I should probably emanation that for those who not know the option of a combine plugins, I was thinking to add the 'currency' type plugins with the ''sorting' and link to it, I feel like it is better to have a specific type of plugins separate, I did add the BGM plugin shop so I may add those as well later.

My goal is to separate the plugins in a way that will make it easier for a new dev. thanks again.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
new verson of BO_Shops is now BO_CustomShops and BO_CustomShopsXL
(same forum, but extended features in both of them, some code is rewritten though)

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
new verson of BO_Shops is now BO_CustomShops and BO_CustomShopsXL
(same forum, but extended features in both of them, some code is rewritten though)
Thank you! I will check/add it as soon as I can, probably better to keep only the up to date version.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you have BO_Shops already, just change it name and your good to go :)
you might check the difference, XL has its own currency system, which the other
does not to call one thing on it. XL is not compitable with more currency system while
the other does (not sure) but he also removed some which some plugins of YEP
doesn't work anymore, not in the XL one, so they need to think twice which one to use.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you have BO_Shops already, just change its name and your good to go :)
Yes I know I have the old version here. when I said 'check it' I meant to check what's the difference since sometimes I will leave old version when the changes for the new one are a change in the way it's written/code and therefore may not work with some plugins the old one would... like you just emanation about removing some YEP plugins.

you might check the difference, XL has its own currency system, which the other does not to call one thing on it. XL is not compatible with more currency system while the other does (not sure) but he also removed some which some plugins of YEP doesn't work anymore, not in the XL one, so they need to think twice which one to use.
In that case, It seems like I will leave both versions for now, in case someone needs it to work with plugins the new version not compatible with, and the old one dose. Thanks for that, you save me some time (every minute count :)).

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Shop Organization by Feelzor should be mentioned here.
And maybe also Shop Category Customization, which I had to write because one of the users of my plugin and NPCDialogueShop wanted a plugin similar to the one of Feelzor, but compatible to my plugin and NPCDialogueShop. That was quite a hard requirement. The only way I could think to get compatible was allowing full customization of the category window position using javascript input. But this plugin doesn't need to be mentioned, because Feelzor Plugin is already very good and standalone, while mine relies on YEP_X_ItemMenuCategories.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Shop Organization by Feelzor should be mentioned here.
And maybe also Shop Category Customization, which I had to write because one of the users of my plugin and NPCDialogueShop wanted a plugin similar to the one of Feelzor, but compatible to my plugin and NPCDialogueShop. That was quite a hard requirement. The only way I could think to get compatible was allowing full customization of the category window position using javascript input. But this plugin doesn't need to be mentioned, because Feelzor Plugin is already very good and standalone, while mine relies on YEP_X_ItemMenuCategories.
Thanks for the suggestion, the plugins you emanation can defiantly help, I just added this two. About your compatible plugin, my post purposes are to give developers all the options and they will choose the best for their project haha. so if you ok with sharing your version can you add the link to that? I would like to add it as well. With your plugins, developer will have a 'full pack' need for shop system, that for sure :)

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About your compatible plugin, my post purposes are to give developers all the options and they will choose the best for their project haha. so if you ok with sharing your version can you add the link to that?
Well it is the one I've already provided BO_ShopCategories.

Also some corrections:
- The new version of BO_CustomShops is still compatible with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies and YEP_X_CondShopPrices (got that plugin name wrong in my thread): Only XL is not compatible to those.
- BO_ShopCategories is not really an Add-On. It is designed to work standalone and with all other shop plugins.

Edit:
I also fixed some bugs I found while I was testing the plugins again.

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well it is the one I've already provided BO_ShopCategories.

Also some corrections:
- The new version of BO_CustomShops is still compatible with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies and YEP_X_CondShopPrices (got that plugin name wrong in my thread): Only XL is not compatible to those.
- BO_ShopCategories is not really an Add-On. It is designed to work standalone and with all other shop plugins.

Edit:
I also fixed some bugs I found while I was testing the plugins again.
Got it, I just change the description. And that just proves my point that your shop system is true 'all in one' haha :). Thanks for taking the time to explain it.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BO_ShopCategories.js [Direct link] (Direct Link forum is broken,
also HIM Shop Manager = HIME Shop Manager, missing "e" on HIM (HIME).

the list get a nice list and addons for the shops to be used. keep up the nice job.

EDIT:
another shop I forgot to mention and got through it: JK_ShopDirect (buy/sell only)
by using a plugin command above it. not tested on my own, but easy to use otherwise.

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BO_ShopCategories.js [Direct link] (Direct Link forum is broken,
also HIM Shop Manager = HIME Shop Manager, missing "e" on HIM (HIME).

the list get a nice list and addons for the shops to be used. keep up the nice job.
Thanks for noticing, fixed. And yes, I like to see how the list getting better and better, we both know it can save so much time when you looking for a shop the have specific needs for your game, hopefully, this post will reach more people.

EDIT:
another shop I forgot to mention and got through it: JK_ShopDirect (buy/sell only)
by using a plugin command above it. not tested on my own, but easy to use otherwise.
I will take a look and test/add it out as soon as I can, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stout