Shopaholic (VX to Ace Conversion)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by hyde9318, Jul 30, 2012.

1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone. Hyde here, coming to you asking for help on converting a RPG Maker VX Script over to Ace/RGSS3 format. This one seems rather large, but I promise that it isn't quite as large as it looks (but I will admit that it is still fairly large).

Back when we were all still working hard on our VX games, there was one particular script that saw it's way into near every one of my games. This project gave the shop system so much depth that you could almost simulate a full economy within the game (or could completely simulate one when you throw in some custom events like I normally did). The name of this script was Shopaholic. This single script provided quite a few smaller features, but was extremely powerful when all added into one. It gave you the option to add banks, Savings accounts, Checking Accounts, Loans, Storage, Credit, and so much more. Almost anything you could think of that had to deal with shopping was there. But sadly, this script has yet to see the inside of the ACE Script Editor.

So, you can probably guess what my request is now. I would like to ask someone to help me turn Shopaholic VX into Shopaholic Ace. Of course, I am willing to try and make a trade for this task, so if you are interested, check out my list towards the bottom of this post.

Now, I would like to warn you, this script has been divided by the original scripter into 12 different pages. This was so the user can easily find and customize each feature without having to dig through a whole bunch of text to find something specific. This may or may not have been the best idea, but that is how it was done originally. I would like to inform you, though, that not every page is a whole ton of code. In fact, a good number of them are just a tiny bit of code put into it's own page. I have taken the time to put each page into it's own individual PasteBin page, so that you know which one is which. Let me post the URLs for them for you now.

Page 1 - http://pastebin.com/qLm32UQA

Page 2 - http://pastebin.com/xJMP4CG7

Page 3 - http://pastebin.com/Y56EPTvi

Page 4 - http://pastebin.com/VR1Z3kGa

Page 5 - http://pastebin.com/JdcfV6Zp

Page 6 - http://pastebin.com/3ASLxp0V

Page 7 - http://pastebin.com/3hhU48Gh

Page 8 - http://pastebin.com/p03RGCzu

Page 9 - http://pastebin.com/MdFmu9Q7

Page 10 - http://pastebin.com/5VMGSKvR

Page 11 - http://pastebin.com/ARGUuhYq

Page 12 - http://pastebin.com/Vtm0Snf5

Sorry for this being such a long list. I truly am.

And as I said before, I am willing to make a trade, although there is not a huge amount of things I can offer to you.

Here are the few things I can possibly do for you in exchange.

• Logo Work
    • Game Graphical Work (HUD Designing, Signature Banners, Titles, Game Overs, etc)
    • Sprite and Tile Recoloring
    • Simple Sprite and Tile Editing
    • Huge Help with advertising (for games, websites, programs, etc)
    • If you have something else that isn't listed, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thank you all for reading through this. You all have a wonderful day now!

2. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Eschaton likes this.
  3. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

4. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

5. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

6. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

7. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

8. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Which one is the base script? If each feature is written as an add-on then the amount of effort required to port the script is effectively divided up among each add-on, which makes it more manageable because then you don't need to convert everything just to test it...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  9. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm... That is a very reasonable point you have. Let me check real quick.

The way it seems to me is that the whole thing is actually divided into different features.

Let me list each page title so that they make more sense.

Page 1 = Redefinitions

Page 2 = Account

Page 3 = Storage_Slot

Page 4 = Game_shopping

Page 5 = Game_banking

Page 6 = Window_Bank_Account

Page 7 = Window_Bank_Vault

Page 8 = Window_Bank_Number

Page 9 = Window_Shop_Details

Page 10 = Window_Shop_Gold

Page 11 = Window_Shop_Message

Page 12 = Scene_Bank

That is what each page is titled. It doesn't seem to me that any of them are base script, but that each one adds a bit more on to the entire system. For instance, Page 1 pretty much just allows you to set names for each feature and set icons for each one. Page 2 looks like it is a base for the actual bank accounts themselves, but I am not 100% sure. Page 3 seems to allow items to be stored in the bank on top of the initial feature of money in the bank. Page 6-11 seem to just set up the windows for each of the features. Page 12 seems to set the bank up as a whole.

However, I am not really a scripter. I can understand some things in particular, but I am far from understanding everything, so I could very well be wrong on everything I just said. Have pity on a poor man such as myself.

And I understand that this is a large task and will probably never get done. But, I plan to just keep this bumped fairly often and hope someone will take the task on as a challenge. Thank you though for reading through all this.

10. Tsukihime

First Language:
    English
    1 would probably need to be ported first.

2 and 3 should be custom classes so it probably doesn't need much work; just change VX references to Ace references.

You definitely need the scene, but that can be ported step by step as you complete each window.

Shopping and banking are likely two different concepts, so you can choose to start with one of them.

The windows can be ported over one by one really; I mean, you don't REALLY need a gold window it's just there to be informative. Although the gold window would probably be the easiest.

So ya, most of the windows probably aren't too urgent.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  11. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, that wouldnt be too bad. If someone wanted to just start with a few of them, I dont see why that would be an issue. Doing a few at a time wouldn't be a problem with me.

However, I am not sure that Banking and Shopping are different due to the fact that this script combines the two through credit and debit cards. But I could be wrong.

12. Tsukihime

First Language:
    English
    If I were to design a centralized trade/commerce system, credit/debit cards would simply be a method of payment and have nothing to do with how business is done between two different groups beyond "do you take these cards?" It is simply a way to get money from my account to your account.

I would like to imagine a good script is designed like that.

EDIT: just looked at it. The shop scene has to be pretty much completely re-written because it's based on VX's crappy shop scene. As well as all of the other stuff in page 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  13. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I was thinking something bad like that was going to happen. Guess I am going to have to up the ante on the reward for helping me.

As I said before, helping with this will allow you to ask stuff from me, such as free logo work, graphical work, Writing work, etc.

However, I also mentioned help with advertising. Anyone who helps out in translating this script over to Ace will be allowed a free large promotional ad on RMP (Can choose a free advertising package up to $60 worth), A free small Ad on RMP (Up to $40 worth), advertising on the RMP Youtube and Facebook Pages, and I personally will spread the word about your projects in my signatures on various websites (including, but not limited to, many RPG Maker and Game Maker sites). So in other words, you help me, I will make sure everyone and their uncle knows about you and what you do (unless of course that is not what you want).

This isnt completely a cry for help, but it would be better to actually get something for your hard work if you decide to do this.

14. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  15. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  16. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

17. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

18. pclaydon

pclaydon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    id like this converted aswell

19. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whoa, I didn't think this would ever be brought back from the dead. Well, someone else would like to see it too, so I may as well give it another bump...

[​IMG]

20. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    totally and unnecessary off-topic:

^ Bump like a boss lolz...

Back to topic:

Do you have permission to do this, Does the original creator know that you want someone to convert his/her scripts?