ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I was wondering if there is a plugin or plugins out there that adds a system for being a shopkeeper like being able to set items on a table and setting the price for the items and having customers come in and buy items from you similar to something like the game Moonlighter. If this is possible and anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

sawworm

Sir Waste Time A Lot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's a pretty complicated process to do~ Not sure if there is a script for it but I'm pretty sure that with the right events, pictures and set of variables you can manage to do that without using a script.

ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a pretty complicated process to do~ Not sure if there is a script for it but I'm pretty sure that with the right events, pictures and set of variables you can manage to do that without using a script.
I can't find tutorials for this but I can try messing with events to see what I can do if nothing else.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love Moonlighter. I'd be interested in playing if you pull that off. I think a custom plugin would be better for this, but I'm not aware of a free one. You could likely pull off a small shop through eventing, conditional branches, etc. I just wouldn't even know where to start since NPC's are shopping (especially if you have random customers coming in). A custom plugin would likely be your best bet.

If you have the funds, you can commission someone for this. Just shop around.

ManaBrent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do it all with events.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you show us what this game looks like via a video or something? I may be able to help you with events, but I don't know what I'm copying.

ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love Moonlighter. I'd be interested in playing if you pull that off. I think a custom plugin would be better for this, but I'm not aware of a free one. You could likely pull off a small shop through eventing, conditional branches, etc. I just wouldn't even know where to start since NPC's are shopping (especially if you have random customers coming in). A custom plugin would likely be your best bet.

If you have the funds, you can commission someone for this. Just shop around.
I'm planning something like a horror version of Moonlighter.

ManaBrent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've put a quick tutorial together on how I make it work. I'm a little frenetic so if you have questions about details feel free to ask.

Final Profit: A Shop RPG - Shop Logic Backend Explained

Shop in action - 1:00
Explanation of passive systems - 1:40
Explanation of item system - 3:50
Explanation of customer system - 4:10 (this is the big one)

ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png
All this anger everywhere,Who's happy but me?
Seems to be all the people that don't follow Jesus wholeheartedly. My smile might burn you ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sieuthitien