Short Bio Question

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by ThyNexus, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ThyNexus

ThyNexus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I'm new to the forums so I apologize if this is not in the correct forum.

So I have spent a while getting to know RPGMaker, searching the forums for solutions to problems if something gets in the way, and I've been able to understand what I'm doing wrong or what script will fix the problem. However I have yet to find something that solves the issue I've come across. I was wondering if there was a way where when you meet a certain character, a very short bio will appear on screen, similar to this:

thing.png

I'm not looking for a large bio script option, just something short and simple. I'm not sure if this is an easy fix that I, as a newbie, am simply overlooking, but some help would be appreciated.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Moving to RGSS3 Script Requests

You've done that screen using Show Text. That is exactly what I'd do if I were trying to achieve the same thing. Why can't you just use that?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  3. BoluBolu

BoluBolu Veteran Veteran

There's another good style, but require you to be able operating graphic software like SAI, Photosop, GIMP(and yeah Photoshop is expensive), you can make an image consist of a charater portrait, then write his/her bio in that image, now you can display it via show picture in event command. After several second hide that image via Erase Picture command. That's how I like to do it.

But if you want it like your picture above, then Shaz has already told you how to do it, using show text, choose dim background, then placement is middle, pick the character face, and write his/her bio, that's it. =)
    Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The reason I suggest you stick with Show Text is that if you want a script, you have to figure out a way to PUT the bio of every character in the script to start with, and then a way to tell the script when to show the bio. You would have to put a script call into each event, so it's just as easy to do Show Text as you have to edit just as many events and still say when to show or not show it.

5. ThyNexus

ThyNexus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    All right, this makes a lot of sense, thank you. I think the change in color of the text was what was throwing me off when I first saw it but I could just use a script for that. I just forgot about some of the features that Show Text has. I appreciate your helpĀ  :)