SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a really minor question but it's driving me mad. So, long story short, I want beastfolk in my game (humans with animal features). The main character, Natalie, for example, is a ratfolk. However, there is no removing the basic human ears without sprite editing. This would be fine if not for the fact I am considering a side-battle system to spice my game up a tad, which means I would have to do a LOT of editing of a LOT of sprites to get rid of the ears for every character. There are other problems if I decide to do a side-battle system, considering one of the planned party members is a slime, and another a bat, but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them. Ultimately, this is, again, a really silly and minor issue, but as an artistic decision, I feel I need some guidance. Should I bother removing the basic human ears and appeal to a beastfolk aesthetic, or should I just not bother fixing the human ears to make making the game less of a hassle?

SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a really minor question but it's driving me mad. So, long story short, I want beastfolk in my game (humans with animal features). The main character, Natalie, for example, is a ratfolk. However, there is no removing the basic human ears without sprite editing. This would be fine if not for the fact I am considering a side-battle system to spice my game up a tad, which means I would have to do a LOT of editing of a LOT of sprites to get rid of the ears for every character. There are other problems if I decide to do a side-battle system, considering one of the planned party members is a slime, and another a bat, but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them. Ultimately, this is, again, a really silly and minor issue, but as an artistic decision, I feel I need some guidance. Should I bother removing the basic human ears and appeal to a beastfolk aesthetic, or should I just not bother fixing the human ears to make making the game less of a hassle?
Please disregard this, doing some quick research gave me ways in the character generator to remove human ears.

JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I look at anime characters, they often have both human and animal ears. I wouldn't bother.

SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I look at anime characters, they often have both human and animal ears. I wouldn't bother.
Ok. Like I said, this was a minor point but for a while it was driving me mad because I don't like the whole two-sets of ears thing, but fixing it for all the battle sprites would be a fair bit of work so I wanted to know if the community deemed it essential. Thanks for your feedback!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Or you just download and use the earless option here:
;3

SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
;3
Alright, does it work with Side View characters too?

JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
;3
But if you use the earless base characters for the generator, your hair cuts will still show openings where the ears should be, at least with the haircuts that left the ears visible in the first place. Personally I think that is worse.

SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But if you use the earless base characters for the generator, your hair cuts will still show openings where the ears should be, at least with the haircuts that left the ears visible in the first place. Personally I think that is worse.
It does seem to be a rather heated point of debate from what I've seen online. I suppose a similar question in this regard would be which option of dealing with it would fit my fantasy world better, since part of the joke with Arpegea is that it's a cookie-cutter fantasy realm.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi sweethearts! :kaoluv: Check out my review of @EntangledPear's totally oldskool The Stuff Fairy Tales Are Made Of!
When you spend all day at work distracted by things you want to work on or try in your project and then by the time you get home, you are too mentally tired to concentrate so you just browse the forum instead and think of more things you won’t get to work on for a while.
Time to write some enemy behaviors, here's the stream link for those interested.

Call of duty 1&2 had an interesting cheat prevention method. Between levels the game unloads and reloads the engine dll. If you ever employ this method, make sure to include at least an md5 hash check. Otherwise I can just edit that dll and implant cheats into it.
Hi-Fi Rush is one of the coolest games I've seen in a while. I don't have a way to play it so I watched a friend and wow... I really wish I had a powerful enough computer for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thot123