Should RPG Maker MV framerate halve in skill selection?

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry that I don't have more information to share with this question-I'm just hoping someone else might have had a similar issue somehow as I can't understand what happened.
Was working on the project fine yesterday without trouble, then worked on a complex skill today and after trying it out I immediately noticed lag, and checked to see framerate halving and more.
I also deleted all of the skills and states I worked on in the current project (after making a backup) and that didn't resolve it either.
I've even loaded previous projects made prior to 1.3 to see the framerate halving in skill selection-though I can't recall if it felt like that when I originally played it.
Here's a screenshot of a recorded timeline in the debugger tool for context (I can't understand how to interpret its information so I'm not sure if this is expected or not)
e1493a9e44f5dd6e375a6dff378da077.png

Would really appreciate some help with this as I'm relatively distressed because of it happening out of nowhere.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it when you're selecting a skill in battle, or when the skill is being executed?  Does the same thing happen when selecting items?

Are you using any plugins?  Does the same thing happen in a brand new project without any plugins?

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't understand how or why, but I just got back from work and was going to go through that testing however, it's working again?
Doesn't drop frames like that-with the skills/states I had been working on put back in and functioning fine.
I did however find out when I got back home that the battery cable for my laptop had been knocked out, and googling tells me apparently software processing is slowed down when on low battery-though I didn't see it being low and I can't confirm if that was the cause or not as a result, but it's the best theory I can come up with.
Regardless it seems to be functioning correctly now so hopefully that was the issue, sorry for posting without having done more extensive testing but as I was having to leave for work soon I wanted to ask about it a.s.a.p. and couldn't have anticipated an knocked out battery being an issue, thanks for your response though :)!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeigold123