Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I chose 'Other'. I think it's a shame to throw out all the hard work you put into it, so abandoning it forever should only be the last resort. But releasing a bad game just floods the market with trash and taints your reputation as a developer, so I wouldn't recommend that either. What I would recommend is to think of ways you can improve your game and make it fun at least for some demographic. Maybe add a new mechanic to it, or improve the story-related scenes, perhaps add a few story twists to it. There's always something you can add to the game to make it better and it doesn't have to take you another 2 years to do it.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for all the replies, guys! :biggrin:

OK. First of all, no, I am not making a commercial game. I'm not too serious about game making yet. And I don't have enough time or passion for that yet, either. :stickytongue:

I am not obligated to release anything, of course. I just feel that I keep coming up with new ideas every now and then but never finish any of them. I'd like to finish, at least one, no matter how good or bad it is, just one game. It's something I wish to do to test my diligence. :oops: Though, I do see why releasing a bad game might not be a good idea to some people. This is what bothers me as well. Is there a point for me to finish something even if it's not very good...? But then again, I don't think I have any reputation to begin with, lol. :confused:

Sorry, I have no idea what a BR RPG is. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I'll definitely release a demo for sure. Just have to work on the game a little bit longer...

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective Feedback could really really help you, but just try not to be too discouraged by feedback either. You may also be surprised, as someone else here said, what you think is bad might turn out to be quite good.

Because of what you're saying, no matter what happens just try and enjoy it as a hobby for now.

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are there significant parts of it you can repurpose in a new game? (plot, tilesets, original battle mechanics, recurring amusing events, etc.) If so, I would start over and do justice to those good elements in a new game. If not, I'd finish it and get some feedback but probably not make it public.

durrrrrrrrrr

one poster
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You should try your best to make it good first. But if it turns out bad even with all of your efforts, sure, release it. But make sure you tried your hardest to make it good first.

Nivlacart

Glue my hand to the tablet pen.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Release it. You've gotta complete it and release it.

Even if it's just on RMW.

Completing a game and releasing it gives you a HUGE Gamedev EXP bonus.
Even if the content isn't perfect, it's the act of completing a game that does it.
You'll see things in new ways.
It'll make your next project way easier and way better.

MiD

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It completely depends on what you mean by "bad" and "not-so-good". I've played some really bad games and i doubt yours would even come close to their level of badness. But we all judge ourselves harshly, so i understand. If you're worried, like someone else said on here, if it's for free don't think about it. Give it and use the criticism to become better.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are also good GBA, DS games that are far underated and are really good games.
so if you think its bad, let them play the demo, and you might get negative fedback, but it can also turn
out to be very positive with suggestion to improve ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gayeeeeeeeeee