MLProductions

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm brand new to RPG Maker VX Ace and have only been working with it for 3 days. I'm still easily confused, and am trying to do an animation on map for a cutscene. I set up the event, to have the animation play right away, Then the NPC moves 2 tiles to the right , and the animation is supposed to play again and then the NPC moves 2 tiles back to the left and repeat the process. Unfortunately, the animation only seems to continuously loop without stopping. I tried setting up a self switch, but not sure if its the correct way of going about an event that should loop.

I do want a loop of the event as a whole, but I only want the animation to play twice during the event process at specific moments. But it just seems to keep playing no matter what settings I toggle. I know it is probably not a very clear way of explaining, but I'm really trying to figure it out. I haven't been able to find any tutorials or explanations of how the show animation event works. If anyone has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We need to see a screenshot of the entire event code.

Most likely you made a mistake with the code due to the fact that autoruns and parallels loop, but certain commands have their own loops as well.

But we can only check that when we see the entire event code and all event options.

And as a new user, I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through those tutorials, they'll bring you to the basics as fast as possible.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am a complete fool. I went through the trouble of making a clone sprite and setting up a system to have the characters flash, when it turns out - I never noticed that the "._mainSprite" was the actual bitmap being used. I'm happy since that makes compatibility easier, but I also want to scream.
Synchronizing bust and sprite expressions! Plus using a phone behaviour :kaopride:
BVadZby.gif

Long gif tho, let it load first :kaoswt2:
Wondering how to force a Save State in VNMaker with a name and how to call it with a scene event in order to double check if this Save State exists or not. Phew... Leaving breadcrumbs for chapter DLCs to pickup would be more than half the fight in order to finish this visual novel :LZSsad:
Making games is the only thing I'm good at. Real talk.
So, uh... where's the RPG Maker MZ update with the MV animation system? Is there a release date confirmed?
Also I'm kind of brave enough to admit this. I... I have a crush on Sephiroth.
Please don't call me anything offensive. I'm naturally crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thost3507