wonderjosh3000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been wondering if it's possible that when you select "Items" in the command window, rather than a whole new scene showing up and overwriting the main menu scene, your item window pops up in the current scene.

Meaning your inventory list shows up and you can use items and have the actor window be persistent and be the selectable actor window that you use items on.

That would require a different menu layout for sure, but I'm curious if it's doable. And also, if it can be done with the items, then it can be done with the skills, equip, and stats scenes too, I'd figure.

I attached a pic as just a visual example.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

wonderjosh3000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ideas, anyone? I really should have started posting things after I had introduced myself and got into the community a bit more, haha.

Anyways, I'm not one to bump, but I'm very much interested in the possibility of this. I guess, it's really seeing if it's possible to combine all the Menu_Base subs(not sure what they're really called; Scene_Menu, Scene_Item, Item_Base, etc) into one so then you could call everything into one scene. Unless that's not the way you'd do it. I'm not sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norem