Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm running into an issue where the show message command is going out of bounds of the actual message area that I have set.

What I did was:
1. Create a new message area (number 1)
2. Message setting has Auto Erase turned off
3. Start using Show Message command on message area 1

So it took me a while to realize that this only happens if some Show Message command ends up taking more than a single line within the new message area. This will, for some reason, extend the message area by 1 line when this happens. If I have more than one message that takes up 2-3 lines, the message area will extend by that many lines as well.

Since this message area is quite small, a lot of messages end up taking more than a single line, causing the message area to extend way beyond what I've set.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make your new message area smaller width/height wise. Hard to tell without images. Also turn this on:
Message setting has Auto Erase turned off

you only want Auto Erase off if you're trying to create an NVL mode message box.

Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So this is weird... I started a new test project to try and replicate the issue but there doesn't appear to be any problems at all with the text going "out of bounds", although I'm not sure why subsequent "Show Message" commands do not go on a new line even though it did in my own project. :kaocry:

Right now I'm working on a different method to get what I want, but if I fail and have to revert back, I'll take some screenshots and update again.

you only want Auto Erase off if you're trying to create an NVL mode message box.

Yeah, I set it to "ON" on purpose for the secondary message box :kaojoy:

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I am also having this problem. I'm editing the example of the show message box common event, but I still get the message spilling over the side. I tried adjusting the message area to be WAY smaller, but it never moves from this one spot.

Also a note: changing it from area- to layout-based changes nothing.
Another note: Neither Create Message Area or Set Message Area changes anything.

Attachments

• messagebox.PNG
    messagebox.PNG
    541 KB · Views: 3
  • messagebox2.PNG
    messagebox2.PNG
    39.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm tempted to leave the Fight/Escape choice in the Boss Battle submission and make Escape pop up Nedry from Jurassic Park: "Uh uh unh!"
Is it weird that i feel overwhelmed from reading codes that i wrote few months ago? Lol.

I dont even know where to continue!:hsad:
Ami
Gosh,I want to Play this Game Again one more again!

Seeing my Own Character & Kannono Once Again!
Tales_of_the_World_Radiant_Mythology_3_JPN_PSP-Coverart.jpg
I've been a bit to depressed to get work done on the game lately. Don't worry, I'll be okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abishanth