Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking about trying an event only slot machine. But is it possible to have an image "scroll loop" the screen? (Image goes off bottom screen and appears from the top again)

It's just an idea, I have yet to go into testing. I'd like to see if it can be done.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, but that isn't needed.
you make one top picture for the machine cover, and have the moving pictures move below that cover.

result: the moving pictures are only visible in the "window" you leave in the cover, behaving exactly as you control them.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, but that isn't needed.
you make one top picture for the machine cover, and have the moving pictures move below that cover.

result: the moving pictures are only visible in the "window" you leave in the cover, behaving exactly as you control them.

If I understand that correctly, the top picture is "the machine cover" and the slots I guess would have transparency so the pictures underneath are seen through the top picture?

So the question for me is, how to get a picture in Rpg Maker MZ to move vertically and/or horizontally on the screen and loop/return back? Or really, how to move it to any x,y spot but stay on the player's visible screen?

Edit: I understand the machine cover doesn't move, it's just an overlay/frame like thing.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't quite understand. I get the top image is the cover with images appearing beneath.

But what I don't understand is how to move any pictures shown where I want on the screen?

How do I move a cherry in example, down the map screen and move it back to the top again? As in, showing an image where I'd want?

I know how to center images in MV. But don't know how to show images in exact locations on the screen.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Positioning a picture is done by using different XYcoordinates either as direct designation or as a variable value.
which numbers are correct there for which positions is something you either have to calculate or test out to find the correct numbers there.

as for moving the picture - directly below the show picture event command is the move picture event command, where you give the new position to move to, and how long the picture should take to move to the new position.
with the new position either hiding behind the frame of the slot machine or visible in the transparent section of the slot machine picture.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sakurra, I have some practical examples with the use of both Pictures and Variables on my game-tutorial project (Learn RPG Maker MV, from my signature), it might help! :wink:

The solution is basically what Andar already said.

You can also use some animated sprites in specific events for each slot or "battle animations" in a creative way to achieve the same effect.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe you need atleast 2 Pictures with several Cherys,Stars,Numbers on them.
If the first Picture has passed the visible slot window, it needs to be teleported to the top again,
while the second one is moving down and than gets teleported up.
Not sure how easy it is to make them move synchron but should be doable.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe you need atleast 2 Pictures with several Cherys,Stars,Numbers on them.
If the first Picture has passed the visible slot window, it needs to be teleported to the top again,
while the second one is moving down and than gets teleported up.
Not sure how easy it is to make them move synchron but should be doable.
Yes, this! I just wasn't sure how to word it. I'll play around with it some more and come back if I can't figure it out.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To teleport the Picture up you could use the
Move Picture command, that can be used to make the slot picture invisible and it can be moved to original position in 1 frame.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To teleport the Picture up you could use the
Move Picture command, that can be used to make the slot picture invisible and it can be moved to original position in 1 frame.

I have a set up a picture & layers for the slot machine which covers the screen,
and was able to make the "appearance" of a cherry rolling down the first slot, and a 7 coming after it.

But I'm unsure how to "teleport" or make this idea work.

I went ahead and did this tutorial for some insight

So I believe what I am trying to do involves the Loop command, variables and switches. I just have no idea how to go about it.

So now I am wondering if what I am attempting even possible with event only? I have uploaded the files I am using to test play with. (When layered right of course)

I thought this was a really cool idea to try with event only but now I am having second thoughts.

Attachments

• slotmachine.png
    slotmachine.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 3
  • slotwhite.png
    slotwhite.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 2
  • slot7.png
    slot7.png
    5 KB · Views: 1
  • slotcherry.png
    slotcherry.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
  • slotstar.png
    slotstar.png
    12 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Bex

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you want the Symbols to roll down in random order?
or
Do you want something like a wheel with 12 slots, with 2 stars and each 5 of the other symbols
repeating in the same order?

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Correct. You'll have to install it in the plugin manager, obviously.

Do you want the Symbols to roll down in random order?
or
Do you want something like a wheel with 12 slots, with 2 stars and each 5 of the other symbols
repeating in the same order?

I was thinking it would roll in a certain order, but the first one would be rolling fast and it would do something like: Cherry, 7, Star. And if the 'OK' key is pressed, the closest picture would stop. And then the second slot would "roll" and then the third. So then I'll have to have a check of which combination was received.

Edit: So this can be done but with the plugin manager? It cannot be done on it's own?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

As you get older you notice how things you always used to do is starting to cause pain XD
I've always sitted on my feet for exemple and now I've started to develop knee pains that always occur after I sit in a way that I've ALWAYS done.
And am I going to stop doing it? Eh, likely not before it is causing me massive pain....:kaoswt:
Yay me...
Taking screenshot from later part of the game, to use as foreshadowing in earlier parts. :kaoblush:
So close to being finished with this portion, feels like it's been taking forever
Tukold2.PNGTukold3.PNGTukold1.PNG
This enemy cannot remain in the game. But the transform state is working pretty good.
0Tf9C6H.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winterengineer